Dave Gahan...What do you think of 'Paper Monsters'?

A few very good songs

Dirty Sticky Floors is great. A continuation of Ultra, I think. Living for the Bottle sounds like Faith & Devotion. There are a few slow/marginal songs, but overall not a bad record. He was amazing in concert on his recent tour.

2nd worst release in 2003

Martin Gore's release was the worst. Talk about a whiney baby! Both of these guys should've never attempted solo work. Do your ears and wallet a favor and leave these cd's on the self.

Re: 2nd worst release in 2003

That's sort of the impression as I played it on my way home. I guess I should give it a second chance. I was expecting some good tunes on it but all I got was twangy guitars that reminded me of country music. Most of the tunes were a downer for my mood at the time.
Cheers.

Re: 2nd worst release in 2003

> That's sort of the impression as I played it on my way home. I guess I
> should give it a second chance. I was expecting some good tunes on it but
> all I got was twangy guitars that reminded me of country music. Most of
> the tunes were a downer for my mood at the time.
> Cheers.

I went to see him a few weeks back with a couple of aussies I work with who like(d) him.
Even they admitted he was shite live, but it didn't stop them playing the album at work for a couple of weeks. Ugh!! Terrible.
Because they spent money on it, they gave it more chances than it deserved. But they finally gave up on it.
The last time I saw it, it was being used as a coaster for a big fat bricklayer's tea mug.

Back
Top Bottom