Did Morrissey authorise the new remaster albums?

simonjary

Did Morrissey authorise the new remaster albums or is this just his old record companies making a fast buck without his permission?

Thanks!

Simon

Did Morrissey authorise the new remaster albums or is this just his old record companies making a fast buck without his permission?

Thanks!

Simon

If he's promoting it, he's authorized it.

Sadly, if he wasn't involved with it, we would have got much better versions of these than we did.

yes he does have imput..the 2nd disc of Viva Hate was supposed to include the Wolverhampton show but he put the kibash on it.

yes he does have imput..the 2nd disc of Viva Hate was supposed to include the Wolverhampton show but he put the kibash on it.

Really? I had no idea. That's the kind of re-issue that would be justified. Other than the Bona Drag reissue all of them have been terrible. Tampering around with track selection, basically creating new albums. I don't understand why he does this. Either do it like Marr did with the Smith's reissues or just tack extra stuff onto the end or on a second disc. There is a whole bunch of decent music from the Kill Uncle era (the Loop, My Love Life, etc.) that a Kill Uncle reissue could have been interesting. Though that's not what we got...

Tags
albums morrissey remaster
Back
Top Bottom