Does going to multiple gigs on the same tour devalue the experience for you?

Even though it might be possible to see him play twice or more in a short period of time, don't take it for granted, because the chance might not come again for a while.

It is a good idea to buy tickets to MULTIPLE gigs.

That way, there's a pretty good chance you'll get to see him once. :thumb:
bahahaaa

i say go to as many gigs as you can. he might cancel or play the same set every night, but its worth it.

then dont go! no one is forcing you. he doesnt even tour in my region/country/where i am.

for some reason this sounds slightly disgenuous because of what you just said.

just go to the show and be quiet. puhlease.

You seem to misunderstand my dilemma. I think Mozza220559 explained it best:

I certainly think it would. I mean these people who go to 30+ gigs of his in one tour, how many times can they appreciate First Of The Gang To Die when they've heard it three dozen times? Which one do they decide was the best live version? Most probably won't even remember past about 5 gigs a year.

It should be special and once in a life time and a rare occassion, of course you lose the value of the experience.

stephsteph, it's not my fault Morrissey doesn't tour where you are. But there is a lot of people on this forum who the question would apply to - I am curious about people like mozsupportsrovers who has said he will have been to 5 of the 8 shows on the UK leg of the current tour.

As I've said each show for me is different, like watching a film for the thrid time or listening to an album over and over, you start to appreciate different things about the show

Anyway, what are your thoughts on this, whether you devoutly follow him from show to show or like me, you have only made one show on each tour since you got into Morrissey?

There are a few artists who I have seen multiple times on one tour. That was a long time ago, but I have never regretted all the fun I had. More often you regret what you miss.

When Morrissey comes around, I usually see him about four or five times. What is remarkable about Morrissey is how completely inconsistent a "performer" he is. One night he'll be pretty dreary, and the next night he'll be glorious.

He's an artist I wouldn't see just once, because just once isn't the whole story. Take the Tour of Refusal - the first show I saw was just OK. Had I left it at that, I would have missed out on the show he played a few days later, which was incredible - my favorite show ever. So, if it's a good venue, there's no reason to say no, unless you really have something better to do.

Back
Top Bottom