East Coast Tour poll question

A

Az Moz Fan

During the East Coast tour (more specifically in NYC) that is rumored will happen this Spring/Summer '03, which nationally broadcast show (tv/radio) would Morrissey most likely appear on?

- Saturday Night Live
- David Letterman
- Conan O'Brien
- Howard Stern
- Any one of those cheesy morning shows (NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN in Atlanta)
- TRL

I can't think of anymore. My pick would be SNL (again).

I think a few of those are longshots, to say the LEAST! I'd vote for Letterman.

> During the East Coast tour (more specifically in NYC) that is rumored will
> happen this Spring/Summer '03, which nationally broadcast show (tv/radio)
> would Morrissey most likely appear on?

> - Saturday Night Live
> - David Letterman
> - Conan O'Brien
> - Howard Stern
> - Any one of those cheesy morning shows (NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN in Atlanta)
> - TRL

> I can't think of anymore. My pick would be SNL (again).

> I think a few of those are longshots, to say the LEAST! I'd vote for
> Letterman.
Morrissey and Stern both realized early on homosexuality sells and have made millions because of this fact.
Morrissey and Howard on E! would be great

Morrisey was long ago relegated to late-night television in America.
I don't suppose he's going to buck that trend now.

> Morrisey was long ago relegated to late-night television in America.
> I don't suppose he's going to buck that trend now.

Conan- he tends to have the less popular musicians on his show,(he'll take whatever he can get).

> During the East Coast tour (more specifically in NYC) that is rumored will
> happen this Spring/Summer '03, which nationally broadcast show (tv/radio)
> would Morrissey most likely appear on?

> - Saturday Night Live
> - David Letterman
> - Conan O'Brien
> - Howard Stern
> - Any one of those cheesy morning shows (NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN in Atlanta)
> - TRL

> I can't think of anymore. My pick would be SNL (again).

Well he's already done SNL, Letterman and MTV, so I think he's due for a Conan appearance. Besides, Conan is a rockabilly boy.

As for Stern, I know that the Stern gang is aware of Morrissey's existance, as he's been very briefly mentioned on the show once or twice. But I'd be shocked if Morrissey would wanna go on there. I love Stern and a Stern/Morrissey interview would be fascinating. But nah, never gonna happen.

I don't watch the major network morning shows, but don't they just book super-mainstream acts, like Bruce Springsteen and Celine Dion?

f*** TRL.

> Morrissey and Stern both realized early on homosexuality sells and have
> made millions because of this fact.
> Morrissey and Howard on E! would be great

You know what's weird is, I practially live for the Stern morning show, but I'm not nearly as into the E! TV show, even though the E! show is portions of the radio show. The thing of it is, the E! show tends to just put on the most boring parts of the radio program. The best parts are when Stern and company are just shooting the shit about whatever.

> Conan- he tends to have the less popular musicians on his show,(he'll take
> whatever he can get).

Take whatever he can get? What are you talking about? You can tell he often carefully selects the bands that appear on there. I'm sure most bands would love to be on there.

> Take whatever he can get? What are you talking about? You can tell he
> often carefully selects the bands that appear on there. I'm sure most
> bands would love to be on there.

I was going to say the same thing. Conan has kick-ass bands on his show --always! None of that mainstream bullshit. I don't think he'd have Celine Dion perform on his show even if he could. *shiver* Ack. That woman. I'm ashamed to be Canadian right now.

the reason the tv version is boring is because they only ever show stupid chicks with low self-esteem who have had loads of plastic surgery. howard just marvels at them, tongue lolling. it's horrendous. when will those chicks realize that fake tits or not, they're still dog ugly? and when will howard grow up? i like him sometimes, but other times he just reminds me of a joey ramone, only annoying and perverted.

if morrissey went on TRL, i'd seriously consider turning in my moz fanclub membership card unless

he took an UZI with him and took out carson daly and the entire studio audience of insipid teenage posers who wouldn't know good music if it walked up and started singing "speedway." it'd be cool if he also killed all the MTV execs who are truly the devil incarnate.

now that's what i call a moz fantasy!

Re: What about Late Night With Carson Daily?

He has a late night show now. I've only seen it once because Tori Amos was performing and it was lovely! Too bad that dumbass happens to be hosting it. Minor flaw.

carson daly used to be a dj on my favorite radio station (KROQ). i never liked him back then either. and i was only a kid. he is so awful and he has the worst taste ever in f***bunnies...oops, i mean women (jennifer love hewitt? tara reid? eew! i hope he gets tested for herpes regularly). he also has really bad taste in music. he thinks kid rock is da koolest.

On the Fox morning show with Jim Ryan. Morrissey could hold Ryan back from smacking that annoying sidekick of his who does the weather and stuff. I forget his name.

I used to pish myself laughing every morning watching those two. Ryan really hates that guy. He can't hide it. He really hates him. I haven't been there or seen it for a year and a half. For all I know, Ryan might have killed him by now.

> I was going to say the same thing. Conan has kick-ass bands on his show
> --always! None of that mainstream bullshit. I don't think he'd have Celine
> Dion perform on his show even if he could. *shiver* Ack. That woman. I'm
> ashamed to be Canadian right now.

You and Loafing Oaf, that's my point. Of course he kicks ass, because he chooses non-mainstream bands, and some actors. He even jokes about it himself, since he's on so late and not as popular as Letterman and Leno, he also gets bottom of the barrel guests, which are sometimes the best guests anyway.

> Well he's already done SNL, Letterman and MTV, so I think he's due for a
> Conan appearance. Besides, Conan is a rockabilly boy.

> As for Stern, I know that the Stern gang is aware of Morrissey's
> existance, as he's been very briefly mentioned on the show once or twice.
> But I'd be shocked if Morrissey would wanna go on there. I love Stern and
> a Stern/Morrissey interview would be fascinating. But nah, never gonna
> happen.

> I don't watch the major network morning shows, but don't they just book
> super-mainstream acts, like Bruce Springsteen and Celine Dion?

> f*** TRL.

There's no way Morrissey would ever be so desperate as to show up on a Stern show. Puhleeze! And if he did I'd have to rethink my devotion to him.

> He has a late night show now. I've only seen it once because Tori Amos was
> performing and it was lovely! Too bad that dumbass happens to be hosting
> it. Minor flaw.
It would be great if Morrissey was on Carson's show. He could make fun of him and Carson would never know it.

> You know what's weird is, I practially live for the Stern morning show,
> but I'm not nearly as into the E! TV show, even though the E! show is
> portions of the radio show. The thing of it is, the E! show tends to just
> put on the most boring parts of the radio program. The best parts are when
> Stern and company are just shooting the shit about whatever.
I agree, but the best part is at the end when Robin does the news.

Back
Top Bottom