Fiona Dodwell's husband: X comment re: Jesse Tobias (April 2, 2024)

You mean by a lot of people, of the hundreds who frequent the place, about three who can never shut up?
And then there's you, who never stops complaining

Hmm, who would have thought, that Camp Dodwell would give us some much needed input? This turn of events is strangely comical, especially since Fiona deleted the reason her husband married her ^^ I just can't imagine how this came about, because he surely harms Fiona's connection with Camp Morrissey with this and I think this was very important to Fiona and her writing work. Regarding Jesse, I really don't know, if he is bad or good, some say this and some that. He seems like a quiet bloke to me but in the end I really don't know anything about it other than the rumors. What I always found strange is that he indeed seems to have made quite an impact on Moz on a personal level, because M gushes all over him in the interview in Italy, like he is somehow seriously smitten with him there (and he would be his type too). So maybe there is just a strong personal connection and that's why he is there.

Imagine being married to someone who reveals to the whole world that they basically married you because of your connections. It's preferable, imo, to be on your own than with someone who has declared that.

Imagine being married to someone who reveals to the whole world that they basically married you because of your connections. It's preferable, imo, to be on your own than with someone who has declared that.

To be fair to Mr. Dodwell, I took him to mean that he (a Michael Jackson fan) married her for her love of Michael Jackson. Was she a sycophant promotional "journalist" for MJ before she became Morrissey's? After this Tobias fiasco, she's probably preparing her résumé to send to Axl Rose.

To be fair to Mr. Dodwell, I took him to mean that he (a Michael Jackson fan) married her for her love of Michael Jackson. Was she a sycophant promotional "journalist" for MJ before she became Morrissey's? After this Tobias fiasco, she's probably preparing her résumé to send to Axl Rose.
Possibly still is - from 2022:

Michael Jackson: How We Let Down Pop’s Biggest Icon

FWD.

Possibly still is - from 2022:

Michael Jackson: How We Let Down Pop’s Biggest Icon

FWD.

She excels at the panegyric. But I wonder if she ever had any privileged connections to Michael Jackson when he was alive, the way she's fawned herself into becoming a rarefied interviewer of Morrissey. She almost seems like a paid freelance publicist for him (some people on here even think her pieces have suspicious Morrissey-isms in them).

I think Mr. Dodwell's tweets are about two different things: the "don't ask me how I know" tweet is a reference to his wife presently being "in" with the Morrissey camp, but the one about why he married her is because they're both fanatical MJ fans. I don't think he's saying he married her for her pop music connections (I would hope not).

She excels at the panegyric. But I wonder if she ever had any privileged connections to Michael Jackson when he was alive, the way she's fawned herself into becoming a rarefied interviewer of Morrissey. She almost seems like a paid freelance publicist for him (some people on here even think her pieces have suspicious Morrissey-isms in them).

I think Mr. Dodwell's tweets are about two different things: the "don't ask me how I know" tweet is a reference to his wife presently being "in" with the Morrissey camp, but the one about why he married her is because they're both fanatical MJ fans. I don't think he's saying he married her for her pop music connections (I would hope not).
Exactly that.. In connection with the photo he reacted to I think its obvious he referred to the shared fan-atism for MJ. I think being connected to him would be a caliber too big for her (because MJ certainly had a million Dollar publicity machine of professionals around him?).

✂️---

Indeed.
It's all getting lumped here as an overall talking point, but assuming they are still married his comment is beyond daft. He'd be best placed to know how far in to the 'inner circle' she has managed to get and digging publicly on a birthday post at someone they assert has an ego problem is beyond incendiary (something I'd agree with given observing Jesse's Twitter behaviour). Not to mention how damaging it could be to his 'loved one's' career.
Overall, very curious - I wouldn't be surprised if there's repercussions of some sort.
FWD.

Indeed.
It's all getting lumped here as an overall talking point, but assuming they are still married his comment is beyond daft. He'd be best placed to know how far in to the 'inner circle' she has managed to get and digging publicly on a birthday post at someone they assert has an ego problem is beyond incendiary (something I'd agree with given observing Jesse's Twitter behaviour). Not to mention how damaging it could be to his 'loved one's' career.
Overall, very curious - I wouldn't be surprised if there's repercussions of some sort.
FWD.
She’ll confiscate his MJ CDs for three weeks, that’s for sure. And certainly there’ll be less yoooo-hoooooo and heeeeeee-heeeeee in the bedroom.

What's really sad is that this irrelevant nonsense is the most interesting thing to happen in Morrissey world for weeks. We live in a time of desperately thin pickings.

What's really sad is that this irrelevant nonsense is the most interesting thing to happen in Morrissey world for weeks. We live in a time of desperately thin pickings.
What? Speculating about whether Morrissey's skinhead fixation is 'gay' or not, isn't interesting enough for you? What sort of person are you?

That's interesting, considering that Alain was presumably playing Boz's parts. I didn't see any and haven't listened to many of the Alain/Jesse shows.

Jesse is the band's "musical director" since Boz's retirement, right? Whatever one thinks of Jesse's playing, that's actually the most important change in the band in recent years, don't you think?

RE: what Alain was playing - yes and no. Based on live videos, he was playing Boz's parts on some (e.g., "We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful") and his own parts on others ("Have-a-Go Merchant"). They both traded off on lead guitar - it was never less than 50-50 and, in some cases, seemed more like 60-40 in Alain's favor.

As far as his stint as musical director, no one brought in has been an out-and-out dud, in my opinion, but the revelation that Brendan Buckley was pretty much hired sight unseen was...interesting. In some ways, Jesse came to the role by default - when Boz moved on, he was the longest-tenured member of the band.

It would be interesting to know how much, if at all, he factored into the decision to bring Alain back into the fold. I suspect very little. It probably became a fait accompli/matter of convenience once he and M started writing songs together again.

If it helps, "don't ask me how I know" in light of actually living with someone who might very well 'know' may create trust issues for her regarding any future work with Morrissey. Especially given the Jesse, Morrissey, Donnie clique others have alluded to.
Given her involvement and 'usage' over the last couple of years, a comment by her husband regarding the group's dynamics seems an utterly reasonable topic to log here and discuss.
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom