Ganglords Is Amazing Why Isnt It On ROTT???

A Mans Man

A Mans Man
Get Back To The Ghetto is incredible definitely one of the best from the ROTT sessions released so far and how it didnt make the album and songs did is beyond me.

Sometimes I think a bit of quality control is missing on Morrissey's albums we had Southpaw Grammar which left off Nobody Loves Us and I think I remember Alain Whyte saying Sunny should've been included on it as well. Then we have Maladjusted which left off I Can Have Both, Lost, The Edges Are No Longer Paralell, Now I Am A Was and This Is Not Your Country all of which could have justified inclusion on the album. Onto YATQ and in my opinion The Never Played Symphonies should have been the album closer, and Friday Mourning is amazing.

Its just frustrating that albums could have been so much better. I think the last albums which really hold together as a body of work were Your Arsenal and Vauxhall & I. What do other people think?

I thought the YHKM b-sides were justifiably left off the album. Not sure about Gang Lords and Children In Pieces (have these been confirmed as Youngest b-sides yet??). They sound great musically, but I reserve judgement until I hear the final versions.

You're right about Nobody Loves Us on Southpaw. It would have made the album much stronger. Sunny was from the Boxers-sessions so wouldn't have made sense on Southpaw i guess.
And think I Can Have Both, The Edges and Lost instead of
Papa Jack, Ammunition and Satan Rejected My Soul
and Maladjusted would have been almost as good as Vauxhall and I!

Yes, I dont think anyone can deny that many b-sides swapped for certain album tracks would have made the albums significantly better.

As mentioned above, I think The Never Played Symphonies would have improved Quarry enormously, its my favourite solo b-side.

Theres only Vauxhall which wouldnt have benefited, and thats mainly cause there were hardly any b-sides to choose from anyway.

Right back to Viva Hate, whether the songs fit is another thing, but the likes of Hairdresser On Fire, I Know Very Well, Sister Im A Poet, Disappointed and Will Never Marry are all better than Margaret On The Guillotine and I Dont Mind If You Forget Me.

Not sure if Jack The Ripper couldve been on Arsenal, it came out slightly after the album.

I was in Greenock when "Ganglords" was performed for the first time and, even on first hearing, I thought it superb. But I don't know what track I would leave off ROTT for it, as I think it holds together very well as an album.

Does anyone have a copy of Ganglord from any of the recent concerts?

Dying to here it--just the title interests me.

has anyone got the full lyrics to this song?

Is it about the boarder control between mexico and america?

Please said:

ha ha ha, who really cares about that?
no wonder why in Estonia they say... )

well, this is it, lyrics of that new brill song

Gang lord
The police are kicking their way into my house
And haunting me, taunting me
wanting me to break their laws
Gang lord
The police are kicking their way into my house
And haunting me, taunting me
wanting me to break their laws
And I'm turning to you to save me

Gang lord
the police are grinding me into the ground
The headless pack are back
Small boy jokes and loaded guns
Gang lord
the police are grinding me into the ground
The headless pack are back
Small boy jokes and loaded guns
Save me
To save me...

Gang Lord
there's a clock on the wall
making fun of us all
La la la
Gang Lord
there's a clock on the wall
and it makes a joke of us all
La la la
Save me
To save me...

Gang Lord, remember
The police can always be bribed
Gang Lord, remember
The police can always be bribed
They say to protect and to serve
but what they really want to say is
Get back to the ghetto
the ghetto, oh
get yourself back to the ghetto...

A Mans Man said:
Get Back To The Ghetto is incredible definitely one of the best from the ROTT sessions released so far and how it didnt make the album and songs did is beyond me.

Sometimes I think a bit of quality control is missing on Morrissey's albums we had Southpaw Grammar which left off Nobody Loves Us and I think I remember Alain Whyte saying Sunny should've been included on it as well. Then we have Maladjusted which left off I Can Have Both, Lost, The Edges Are No Longer Paralell, Now I Am A Was and This Is Not Your Country all of which could have justified inclusion on the album. Onto YATQ and in my opinion The Never Played Symphonies should have been the album closer, and Friday Mourning is amazing.

Its just frustrating that albums could have been so much better. I think the last albums which really hold together as a body of work were Your Arsenal and Vauxhall & I. What do other people think?

BUT, will any of these songs see the light of day as B sides, or what? I'd like to think so, but we'll have to wait and see. I think he still has stuff from the Maladjusted and YATQ sessions that have yet to be released still?

I don't mean to sound arsey, but good songs are put on b-side to make the single worth buying. Thus they are left off whatever album.

love, math+

A Mans Man said:

Didn't Matt Walker say they recorded this as a band first and then Moz put down the vocals second?

If so, this was done after ROTT was recorded and therefore, that would be reason 1 why it didn't make the album.

Just a thought.

Please said:

I don't think so.

Border Patrol aren't really the police. I think its more about police corruption and could be as generic as the police in any country.

B Sides

Morrissey has always had good B sides, even with The Smiths.
How good are Hatful Of Hollow, The World Won't Listen & Bona Drag, all are full of B sides.

Back
Top Bottom