Has Morrissey ever commented on…

The more i hear about J.M M.J and A.R talking about Steven Patrick Morrissey the more i dislike them and they're not doing anyone any favours including themselves by bad mouthing Morrissey or anyone for that matter it all seems so petty....I doubt Morrissey gives two shits anyway when he's rolling in love letters and money while they D.J and join rubbish bands.

(see how i couldn't be bothered to type their names...apart from one haw haw!! hair-lair-ius i even put Moz's whole name in a nice font)

It is daring when it comes from someone who used to look like this!

rm9842.jpg

He looks like a genderless math teacher.

I read it online but I seem to be having trouble finding it atm :mad: . I can remember a few more details but it doesn't seem to be helping me find the interview, unless it's been removed or whatever. Bernard started the interview with a joke about carrying Ian's ashes around in a box :rolleyes: . Someone had left a magazine open at a page promoting Morrissey's new single (Don't think it specified which but I would guess 'Sing Your Life' or 'Our Frank' from the time bracket) and Johnny said that it had obviously been done to provoke a reaction. The interviewer said "I hear they call him "Moz"' in an attempt at sarcasm and Johnny said "Dorrissey, did you say?". :( . Tis a good interview if only I can find the link.

Hey thanks for posting that :D

I'm always surprised how Marr has maintained this perfect image when to me often in interviews he comes across as bitter and quite arrogant.

yes, but do you think he used to be gay?

i think he's alright.

yes, but do you think he used to be gay?

i think he's alright.

Maybe he's only gay on weekends and holidays? :p

BTW you've just reminded me of an amusing discussion on another music forum. Some guy asked if New Order were gay, because he thought the lyrics to "Perfect Kiss" were "suspicious". I thought he should just ask them... though it might not be such a good idea to come up to Hooky and ask him "Hooky, are you gay?" :D

Then again, he did wear leather and a moustache for some time in the early days with Joy Division...;) :p

As a HUGE Joy Division/Ian Curtis fan, I can tell you that "Love Will Tear Us Apart" is my least favorite song of theirs and I still f***ing LOVE it!
Same with me, LWTUA is one of my least favourite JD songs. I first heard Closer and I was totally blown away by it. Then I heard Unknown Pleasures, and I thought both albums were brilliant. And all that time I've been hearing that LWTUA was their "best" song, so I was eager to hear it. When I finally did, I was disappointed. "What, that's it?" It is a good song, though, but not typical of JD, and at least for me, not nearly as strong as such intense songs as Decades, New Dawn Fades, The Eternal, Dead Souls, Atmosphere, Twenty Four Hours, Something Must Break...

Last edited:
Same with me, LWTUA is one of my least favourite JD songs. I first heard Closer and I was totally blown away by it. Then I heard Unknown Pleasures, and I thought both albums were brilliant. And all that time I've been hearing that LWTUA was their "best" song, so I was eager to hear it. When I finally did, I was disappointed. "What, that's it?" It is a good song, though, but not typical of JD, and at least for me, not nearly as strong as such intense songs as Decades, New Dawn Fades, The Eternal, Dead Souls, Atmosphere, Twenty Four Hours, Something Must Break...
that reminds me
t7.jpg

i gotta get more JD :o
again
since only this CD would rip
the others were too scratched :(

Yeah, I head the same "their best song"... I can't stand it. Me too, I listened to Closer and then to Unknown Pleasures, and I love both. Decades is my favourit.

when i need ambiance musak, i put on new order.

maybe i'll give joy division a try.
i mean, after all, i used to loathe the smiths some 4 years ago. I was 13. Forgive me.

Nooooooooooo. You're only 17!
I can't believe it. I thought you were older reading this forum. Aren't you at university? :confused:

I'm 18 in 2 months. :)

you and duchess (and some others of you) all seem way more mature than your actual age, i must say.

it's got to be the whole Morrissey thing. there must be a special Moz gene that only certain special people are born with to make them superior to everyone else. we are the chosen ones. ;)

you and duchess (and some others of you) all seem way more mature than your actual age, i must say.

it's got to be the whole Morrissey thing. there must be a special Moz gene that only certain special people are born with to make them superior to everyone else. we are the chosen ones. ;)
yes we are
&
don't be too hard on yourself nugz
now that you got the proper haircut and all...

Back
Top Bottom