Help with Indie Duet Song?

brettexas

Hi,
I heard a song on someone's blog a few months ago and was hoping someone could help. I love the song but can't find it now because I don't know the title!

It's an older sounding gentlemen dueting with a woman, and verses have words like "maybe we could....", "maybe we should"...."maybe we're better off this way"...and has something like "maybe it's human nature" in the chorus.

Thanks for your help!

Right Here Human Nature Duet W/Michael Jackson?

Did you try listening to it or are guessing?

And no need to apolagize, your the one in need of a song :D

Sounds like it could be the lovely Isobel Campbell (Ex belle and sebastian) & Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees/QOTSA(occassionally)/Gutter Twins/Twilight Singers) who've just released their 2nd album a month or so ago...worth a try anyway.
They work together every now and again, bit like an indie Lee & Nancy..as you can see Mr Lanegan has a few other projects going too.
Hope this helps.
Try 'honey child what can i do?' from her myspace...brilliant song.
http://www.myspace.com/isobelcampbell

Last edited:
Thanks for all the responses. Lanegan & Campbell are probably the closest thing yet to the singers that wrote the song I'm looking for (voices sound close), but I did thorough research on every song they have written and it's not quite them.

I guess I'll have to go through life not ever hearing my favorite song again :(

I've even tried 20 pages of google search, but no luck. It was on someone's blog as a mixtape song, so it's pretty rare (even though the production sounded first rate). The verses went something like "maybe we could find our own way, maybe we'd be better that way", and chorus had something like "maybe it's human nature".

Another great suggestion, but unfortunately not Nick Cave either after further research. The male singer in the duet seems to have almost a french accent (even though the song was in English). I've tried all the lyrics sites and google too, but no luck so song much not be very mainstream.

How about Dean & Britta (Dean Wareham & Britta Phillips, Galaxie 500/Luna.) They have a couple of albums out you might want to search out. I tried to google the lyrics, but no luck.

Unfortunately not Dean & Britta either. If anyone else has any guesses, let me know otherwise I'll probably close this topic.

Mmm certainly a tricky one this, i take it you've had no luck in tracing the blog etc? You should check yer computers cookies, temp files maybe...could be clue there.

Doesn't appear to be the Tindersticks either, good guess though.

I knew it was going to be tricky and a rare song, so was hoping a fellow morrissey/indie rock fan would know. I tried cookies, google, lyrics sites, etc. and couldn't find it. Maybe I'll come across it one day on accident?

Back
Top Bottom