Hillbilly Moon Explosion cover How Soon is Now? (August 15, 2023)

This isn't a "metal/punk/Emo style". It's psychobilly. Learn the difference.
If someone doesn't like a song that's up to them. Most of the time we (I?) don't know why we (I?) like anything. We (I?) just do.
Yours (mine?) truly.

If someone doesn't like a song that's up to them. Most of the time we (I?) don't know why we (I?) like anything. We (I?) just do.
Yours (mine?) truly.

Ah, I think the cover is absolutely wank. I just wanted to correct Peter on it being psychobilly, not "punk/metal/emo style" - I really don't care if someone likes it or not, simple as that.

I'm surprised that he doesn't know what psychobilly is, all things considered within the context of Morrissey fandom.

FWIW, Hillbilly Moon Explosion are far closer to r'n'r, rockabilly and occasionally neo than anything psycho. They are not dissimilar to The Go Getters who up their tempo live and pique the interest of Psychobillys.
Sparky's involvement opened them up to an audience that avidly follow him, but they haven't really put out anything previously that would be close to pure Psychobilly - The Sparky Sessions are probably why they get accepted by that community, but Introducing..., Bourgeois Baby, With Monsters & Gods, Buy Beg Or Steal - none really approach that genre fully.
Regards,
FWD.

FWIW, Hillbilly Moon Explosion are far closer to r'n'r, rockabilly and occasionally neo than anything psycho. They are not dissimilar to The Go Getters who up their tempo live and pique the interest of Psychobillys.
Sparky's involvement opened them up to an audience that avidly follow him, but they haven't really put out anything previously that would be close to pure Psychobilly - The Sparky Sessions are probably why they get accepted by that community, but Introducing..., Bourgeois Baby, With Monsters & Gods, Buy Beg Or Steal - none really approach that genre fully.
Regards,
FWD.
And.... they SUCK.

I came across this cover of I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris by Demitasse and was impressed -

Recorded 9 years ago, but not many views; may have been missed.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom