how big is morrissey down under?

butley

that got your attention. how many morrissey fans are in australia? i am desperate to start a morrissey smiths tribute night in perth western australia but need helpers. it can be done so it will be done.actually if anyone wants to do a tribute night anywhere in oz i am there.this thread will be moved!!!!!!
but honestly out of interest how many fans does moz have here?
how many records,for want of a better word,does he shift?

that got your attention. how many morrissey fans are in australia? i am desperate to start a morrissey smiths tribute night in perth western australia but need helpers. it can be done so it will be done.actually if anyone wants to do a tribute night anywhere in oz i am there.this thread will be moved!!!!!!
but honestly out of interest how many fans does moz have here?
how many records,for want of a better word,does he shift?

I thought you meant..........

4704286524_74779a2e92_b.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

If we're going there....
bump.jpg

morrissey-the-fox-theatre_4192966_3.jpg

img232.jpg

hdayiiMorrisseyVFestivalWestonParkA.jpg

I only like him for his mind.

What does my crotch have to do with this? You come up with the strangest connections sometimes. :blushing:

:rolleyes:

Whatever, racist. :p Hey is that thing cut or what? I want to know what I'm imagining under that bulge of lovely.

Last edited:
Whatever, racist. :p Hey is that thing cut or what? I want to know what I'm imagining under that bulge of lovely.

Whoa, I just had thread-vertigo. Multiple dimensions clashing in one knot of space-time. Graphic novels depicting Jewish racist lesbian-loving Morrisseys lined up on fences watching "Big".

Whoa, I just had thread-vertigo. Multiple dimensions clashing in one knot of space-time. Graphic novels depicting Jewish racist lesbian-loving Morrisseys lined up on fences watching "Big".

Yay! :thumb:

I am a Morrissey fan (obviously) and living in Melbourne,
Victoria, Australia.:):straightface:

Also, just off the cuff, I reckon Morrissey's big enough, not too
big mind you, but quite a nice package. heh heh.:thumb:

But on a more serious note, I do not know any other Morrissey
fans. That's why I come in here!:guitar:

I'm not sure about record sales but I don't think he is as popular here as back in the Vauxhall & I days...and whenever I go to a club they only play Smiths or older solo songs.
However, surely there must be enough Australia fans around...I'm having a club night on the 17th July in Adelaide - if you felt like a trip across the Nullabor?

Perth seems to be a complete Morrissey vacuum, no sign of his records whenever I look. I don't think Australia has ever really embraced him has it?

We were advised to ask Jake earlier in the thread, but no one will give me his number!

I am a Morrissey fan (obviously) and living in Melbourne,
Victoria, Australia.:):straightface:

Also, just off the cuff, I reckon Morrissey's big enough, not too
big mind you, but quite a nice package. heh heh.:thumb:

But on a more serious note, I do not know any other Morrissey
fans. That's why I come in here!:guitar:

How can you be a Morrissey fan living in Melbourne? I'M a Morrissey fan living in Melbounrne ... great now the universe is going to collapse in on itself or something!

He's got a following here, but it's not well publicised. He's never on the radio here beside occassionally Triple R radio will play him but that's a more left of center radio station (and a very good one!) ... basically you will rarely meet another Morrissey fan, but if he were to tour down here he'd be selling out gigs with no problems just like in 2002.

GOD DAMNIT TOUR AGAIN ALREADY!

Aha! Good for you.
I listen to Triple RRR as well and you're right they are
the only station I've heard Morrissey being played.
I don't mind so much that he doesn't tour because by the
time he gets here, he will have a sore throat or something.
It was 1986 or 87 I had tickets to concert at Festival Hall.
He cancelled. I remember he was on Steve Vizard show
singing a song about a chihauhau (excuse my fogginess, it's
early here). I was devastated. We drove down to Festival Hall
saw that he'd cancelled. We came back home. I was married
at the time. I cried and was devastated. My ex husband
still holds a grudge against Morrissey for making him drive his
bomb of a car to take his Morrissey smitten wife to a concert
that never was to be.
Anyway, that's enough of me now......:guitar:

Aha! Good for you.
I listen to Triple RRR as well and you're right they are
the only station I've heard Morrissey being played.
I don't mind so much that he doesn't tour because by the
time he gets here, he will have a sore throat or something.
It was 1986 or 87 I had tickets to concert at Festival Hall.
He cancelled. I remember he was on Steve Vizard show
singing a song about a chihauhau (excuse my fogginess, it's
early here). I was devastated. We drove down to Festival Hall
saw that he'd cancelled. We came back home. I was married
at the time. I cried and was devastated. My ex husband
still holds a grudge against Morrissey for making him drive his
bomb of a car to take his Morrissey smitten wife to a concert
that never was to be.
Anyway, that's enough of me now......:guitar:

It was actually '91 he cancelled the gig, was on the Kill Uncle tour, I was a whopping great 6yrs old at the time and it was going to be my first concert. My Dad was a massive fan and was taking me and even cleared it with the venue that I could come in and such ... so I was young but I remember the heartbreak all too well.

However, the 2002 tour was redemtion! I saw him twice, once at the Forum and once at the Livid festival. He packed out the forum, a good 2000 people there that night. I saw him again in 2006 in Dublin, but it's not the same as him visiting your own home town :(

It was actually '91 he cancelled the gig, was on the Kill Uncle tour, I was a whopping great 6yrs old at the time and it was going to be my first concert. My Dad was a massive fan and was taking me and even cleared it with the venue that I could come in and such ... so I was young but I remember the heartbreak all too well.

However, the 2002 tour was redemtion! I saw him twice, once at the Forum and once at the Livid festival. He packed out the forum, a good 2000 people there that night. I saw him again in 2006 in Dublin, but it's not the same as him visiting your own home town :(

did your dad saw him too in 2002?

Back
Top Bottom