How many Smiths, Morrissey books do you own.

I have Songs That Saved Your Life and the new shit Rogan one.

I used to have the Mick Middles one (the first book about the Smiths, I think) Morrissey in his own words, Severed Alliance, Linder Shot and Peepholism (alas paperback copy only so I'm not too jealous about the inflated prices.)

I have leafed through in the library/ bookshop David Bre(n)t book(s) , Bigmouth, the Rogan guide thing and All Men Have Secrets. Which I spent 5 hours reading!!! A great book.

I have not looked at Saint Morrissey cos I'm not too interested. The Brent books are just shit.

I also had a habit of leafing through other music people's biogs for mention of Morrissey. Sandie Shaw one is quite interesting.

Still waiting for the autobiography. Which won't tell anyone anything anyway apart from having illustrations of various money-grabbers and leeches (in Moz's eyes) with pins in their heads

I'm currently selling some of my books via e-bay if anyone is intrested....Since I've read them a few times already I guess it's time to passed them on to others....:)

Peepholism
James Dean Is not Dead
The Smiths Visual Documentary

for how much?

I just noticed that I have gathered quite many books over the years...I never really counted them before:

Mick Middles "The Smiths"
Mick Middles "The Smiths" Complete Story
Linder Sterling "Morrissey Shot" UK
Linder Sterling "Morrissey Shot" USA
"In His Own Words"
David Bret "Landscapes Of The Mind"
Jo Slee "Peepholism"
Jemma Wheeler "Morrissey in Pictures"
"All Men Have Secrets"
David Bret "Scandal and Passion"
Phill Gatenby "Morrissey's Manchester"
Pat Reid "Morrissey"
Johnny Rogan "The Severed Alliance"
Johnny Rogan "The Complete Guide to the Music of Morrissey and The Smiths"
Simon Goddard "Songs That Saved Your Life"
Johnny Rogan "Morrissey - The Albums"
Kevin Cummins "The Smiths and Beyond"
"The Smiths and the Art of Gunslinging"
Mark Simpson "Saint Morrissey"

The best of these in my opinion are The Severed Alliance, Peepholism (essential!!) and Morrissey's Manchester...the two David Bret ones are forgettable. As is "Saint Morrissey".

I'm still looking for the "Visual Documentary"..and of course a hardcover of "Peepholism" :D - my softcover is falling apart.

I have 2,700 copies of Morrissey´s Manchester :)

Jukebox Jury (from an internet cafe in Gelsenkirchen, Germany!)

I just noticed that I have gathered quite many books over the years...I never really counted them before:

Mick Middles "The Smiths"
Mick Middles "The Smiths" Complete Story
Linder Sterling "Morrissey Shot" UK
Linder Sterling "Morrissey Shot" USA
"In His Own Words"
David Bret "Landscapes Of The Mind"
Jo Slee "Peepholism"
Jemma Wheeler "Morrissey in Pictures"
"All Men Have Secrets"
David Bret "Scandal and Passion"
Phill Gatenby "Morrissey's Manchester"
Pat Reid "Morrissey"
Johnny Rogan "The Severed Alliance"
Johnny Rogan "The Complete Guide to the Music of Morrissey and The Smiths"
Simon Goddard "Songs That Saved Your Life"
Johnny Rogan "Morrissey - The Albums"
Kevin Cummins "The Smiths and Beyond"
"The Smiths and the Art of Gunslinging"
Mark Simpson "Saint Morrissey"

The best of these in my opinion are The Severed Alliance, Peepholism (essential!!) and Morrissey's Manchester...the two David Bret ones are forgettable. As is "Saint Morrissey".

I'm still looking for the "Visual Documentary"..and of course a hardcover of "Peepholism" :D - my softcover is falling apart.
You have two versions of the same book (Morrissey Shot)??

What are the differences?

I have Severed Alliance, Saint Morrissey, and both editions of Songs that Saved Your Life (first edition being much better, imo) and the Smiths Songbook, if that counts. I really wanted to hear good things about the book on Johnny.
Why do you think the first edition is better?

I also had a habit of leafing through other music people's biogs for mention of Morrissey. Sandie Shaw one is quite interesting.
I did that with Steve Diggle's autobiography, "Harmony in My Head", which I flicked through in a bookstore. There are a few brief mentions of Morrissey as the kid who used to hang out around Buzzcocks a lot.

What other bios is he mentioned in? I heard that his collaboration with Siouxsie is described in one of her bios and that she was quite negative about him.

There are two or three pages on The Smiths in Dave Haslam's book "Manchster, England".I've only read one chapter - the one on punk & post punk in Manchester (that's what I was the most interested in). The chapter is really good.There's a lot more about the rave scene in the book, which I wasn't that interested in so I lent it to my Madchester/Happy Mondays-loving friend.

Let's see...
"Morrissey & Marr"
"Morrissey" (The new one, also by Johnny Rogan.)
"Saint Morrissey"
"Songs That Saved Your Life."

Back
Top Bottom