Identification of Bradley Steyn - true-to-you.net

TTY: Identification

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_140803_01

3 August 2014

3 August 2014 / identification

It is understood that the music venue security officer who is harassing Morrissey also uses the name Brad HawkSteyn, and is known online as Springy.

I don't even know where to begin in addressing why this update is problematic. I can't see how it won't end up backfiring horribly.

When I look at the profile of Bradley Steyn, I see a profile of someone who has a lot to live for. What does Morrissey have to live for other than the fantastical day when non-human animals are given equal (including voting) rights with humans?

If I was Julia, i.e Morrissey's 'voice on earth' I would think twice about posting someone's personal Facebook on my fan site. I mean, she could be deemed complicit in this if ever a court case were to ensue.

Bullshit. 100% Bullshit.

Where's your PROOF it's bullshit? You want to BELIEVE that Morrissey wants him attacked or trolled. You have FAITH that Morrissey is up to no good. In your mind it's been decided that he is guilty. Not very scientific, Peter.

If I was Julia, i.e Morrissey's 'voice on earth' I would think twice about posting someone's personal Facebook on my fan site. I mean, she could be deemed complicit in this if ever a court case were to ensue.

this could be true

This is getting better, Julia can post pictures that Donnie takes of Morrissey straight from their jail cells!

His profile is public. I fail to see the problem. If he doesn't want people to see it he should have made it private.

What does Morrissey have to live for other than the fantastical day when non-human animals are given equal (including voting) rights with humans?

Thousands of people showing up to hear him sing.

His profile is public. I fail to see the problem. If he doesn't want people to see it he should have made it private.

It might not be now, but it sure will be soon. What reason did he have? Untll Moz pointed it out to tens of thousands. I had no idea he was on Facebook till today. I doubt everyone here knew either.

So that's naturally his fault and to his detriment? I bet there are thousands or millions of people who aren't aware their Facebook profiles are public.... But then those people probably aren't gonna get links to their pages posted by millionaire singers. I bet you his profile will go far less public or be deactivated completely when he gets wind of this!

And failing to see a problem? Does it not look even a little... misguided to you that Moz would do that?

It's a public profile. There's nothing actionable to pursue -- but by all means, let the Solo legal scholars carry on.

It might not be now, but it sure will be soon. What reason did he have? Untll Moz pointed it out to tens of thousands. I had no idea he was on Facebook till today. I doubt everyone here knew either.

I don't really see your point? You'd think that a rational person might think "I'm about to talk to TMZ about a celebrity wanting to harm a fan. Maybe I should close down my social profiles.".

It's a public profile. There's nothing actionable to pursue -- but by all means, let the Solo legal scholars carry on.

Well indeed, and tens, nay hundreds of thousands of people would have been none the wiser had not Moz posted that info. What on earth do you think HE was thinking? Moz is in deep, deep, trouble.

So that's naturally his fault and to his detriment? I bet there are thousands or millions of people who aren't aware their Facebook profiles are public.... But then those people probably aren't gonna get links to their pages posted by millionaire singers. I bet you his profile will go far less public or be deactivated completely when he gets wind of this!

And failing to see a problem? Does it not look even a little... misguided to you that Moz would do that?

Yes, his security settings are his fault.

Thousands or millions of people who didn't just accuse a celebrity of wanting to harm a fan. Do you not see a difference there?

I don't really see your point? You'd think that a rational person might think "I'm about to talk to TMZ about a celebrity wanting to harm a fan. Maybe I should close down my social profiles.".

No, my point is that many, many, many people would have been none the wiser had not Moz posted the info. Why should we care? We shouldn't. Unless you want to do Moz's bdding.

I don't think it's technically illegal, but what people are concerned with is the intent. An anonymous person gave an example of Noel Fielding. The targeted girl's twitter account or whatever was public also, I'm sure.

When Noel Fielding's nonsense show Luxury Comedy got a bad review a year or two ago, he told his fans on twitter to go after the reviewer, saying "fly my pretties". Somehow a young girl was targeted when she tweeted her dislike of the show, and she tried to commit suicide.

It ended up being a PR disaster for Fielding and his account was taken over by management for some time.

Thousands or millions of people who didn't just accuse a celebrity of wanting to harm a fan. Do you not see a difference there?

Not a 'legal scholar', nor claiming to be. Just posting about the situation as I see it. As stated previously, I don't think the fact that his profile is public makes one iota of difference to this being a totally foolish move.

Hey everyone! Morrissey here, I'm accused of allegedly promoting the harassment/ assault of a fan. In order to disprove this I'm going to post the social media account of the guy who accused me in the hope that my fans harass him. Make sense? No? I didn't think so either.

^^^^^^

Moz dun goofed yet again

Back
Top Bottom