In and Around London & Bath, England

jetboyla

I will be traveling to London, Bath, & France very soon, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any interesting pubs, record stores, market, or vegeterian restaurants that would be suitable for a Morrissey and of course Smiths fan. In our world of Hip Hop top 40, and lack of "awareness," it is often difficult to find that "gem" in a foreign country. It would be great to know what places actually will have British Pop on rotation. Thanks in advance!

Bath is absolutely gorgeous. There is a fantastic vegetarian restaurant in Bath called Demuth's (www.demuths.co.uk). I went there on three separate occasions last year and every single dish I sampled was divine. They do organic wines, too.

Oh and there are countless pubs in Bath, too. If you want to sample them all there will be no time left to do anything else! I'm a cider person and Bath is cider country so I can't actually remember which pubs I've been to, if you catch my drift...

It's worth mentioning that Demuth's can get very busy as it's a small restaurant, so book in advance so that you don't miss out. It's definitely the best vegetarian fare I've had at a restaurant.

I'm sure you'll love Bath.

Last edited:
retroussé nose said:
Oh and there are countless pubs in Bath, too. If you want to sample them all there will be no time left to do anything else! I'm a cider person and Bath is cider country so I can't actually remember which pubs I've been to, if you catch my gist...

I'm sure you'll love Bath.

I was in Bath a couple of weeks ago, and I went here...http://www.easterneye.co.uk/, and it was bloody gorgeous. I'm back there soon, so I'll defintitely going to the veggie place, it looks fantastic.

Peter

retroussé nose said:
There is a fantastic vegetarian restaurant in Bath called Demuth's (www.demuths.co.uk). I went there on three separate occasions last year and every single dish I sampled was divine.

It had better be good at those prices ... 12.50 (almost US$25!!!) for a bowl of pasta and tomato sauce? Mein Gott!

Look for a restaurant in Bath called the Walrus & Carpenter. This is a fantastic vegetarian bistro tucked away and is more frequented by locals than tourists; a good one to discover.

There are numerous pubs and bars in Bath depending on your tastes, just head for all the less obvious streets and you will find them.

Thank you for all of the input, but are there any Clubs in Bath, London or France(Paris) that play music such as the Smiths? Last time I was in Manchester, the Star and Garter was the place to go. Anything similar in London, Bath or Paris?

RECORDS:

- Sister Ray and Reckless (both in Berwick St. in Soho)

In the same street you'll find a lot of records shops

BARS & VENUES:

- Dublin Castle (in Candem Town)
- The Elephant Head (Saturday night in Candem Rd)
- Metro (Oxford St)
- Koko (Candem Rd, is a big venue, check the gigs, maybe you´ll find something interesting and the place is really amazing)
- You can also go to Shoreditch area and find some good place by yourself there, is plenty of bars and clubs and people.

RESTAURANT

- The FlitaPit (or something like that) in Columbia Rd, tiny organic restaurant, very nice place to eat.

MOZ PLACES

- Slone Sq. (Hairdresser on fire)
- Eauston Station (London)
- Reardon St. (Bona Drag photo session)

I'm sure there are a million places more I could suggest, but by now these are the only ones I can say. Maybe later I could come with more.

Have a good time!! ;)

I hate to be pessimistic, but you are unlikely to find a club in Bath that plays The Smiths or Moz. Your only hope would be Moles on George St on an indie night but even then I would think not.

Though if you are going to be in Bath, Bristol is very close by and you may have better luck there.

Back
Top Bottom