Irrational Fear Thread

I, like Iona hate clowns, they're shit.

Also I hate ventriloquist dolls, this is not my idea of a good night...

2vb0fnd.jpg

Many victims of alleged alien abduction experiences/experiencers of various paranormal activity have reported seeing apparitional clowns or clown-like beings in their homes, particularly as children. It has been suggested that the clown character may be a screen-image manufactured by whatever is behind the scenes; the logic being that clowns are "nice" and so that, therefore, children will be trusting.

No, I'm not making this up. This stuff interests me quite a bit.

never was a fan of spiders, then I went to the Gulf and encountered
Facts_on_Camel_Spiders_Specie.jpg

these terrifying "cousins" of theirs :eek: and after that it became a full blown phobia :straightface:
however, time does heal some wounds and back in Georgia, I am able to deal with regular spiders with little problem...

I have a completely irrational phobia of some birds, but specifically poultry. I'm not sure why, but they freak me the f*** out; there was an clip of some particularly scrawny and hideous chickens and an equally scrawny and hideous cockerel on some TV programme last night and I literally had to bury my face in my hands.

I, like Iona hate clowns, they're shit.
Also I hate ventriloquist dolls, this is not my idea of a good night...

2vb0fnd.jpg

Agreed- the one on the right is especially dodgy-looking.

Last edited:
7756554064_583697af60.jpg

Past irrational fear, my symbolism teacher. He was a very vitriolic grey, the only thing other than fear that made me stay was a slight hint of kindness that peeked through rarely. I kept thinking if I just changed, he'd be kind all the time. I was not just afraid, I was mortified of him. Anyway, that's all over and a learned a shit ton from him but it was not easy.

The largest piece of baggage in my collection has his name on it.

Last edited:
I am paranoid about too many things such as sending the wrong text message or email to someone else I wouldn't send to anyone but my sister.

I did step on a parrot of mine about eight years ago that killed him. Repeating this is my greatest fear.
I wouldn't call that one irrational though. It's still the worst thing I've ever done.

Considering I work for law enforcement I shouldn't be afraid of traffic cops but I am.
Going to jail would be the worst.
I work at a jail.
But I see how easy it is to actually go...
don't smart mouth an officer or change your insurance. They'll cancel your license and then you'll be arrested. Don't bounce checks/atms at walmart. They WILL prosecute.

I relate to almost every single one of these paranoid parrot memes.
bus-driver.jpg

check-my-alarm.jpg

boss.jpg

Web-md is the worst.

Back
Top Bottom