Is anyone going to the Killarney gig?

Guess not.

I just wondered; it seems like it's one of the few gigs that hasn't sold out in 2 nanoseconds.

Re: Guess not.

> I just wondered; it seems like it's one of the few gigs that hasn't sold
> out in 2 nanoseconds.

So far I've counted about 14 others (including myself). At least we'll all be guarenteed a good spot.

make that 15

So far I've counted about 14 others (including myself). At least we'll all
> be guarenteed a good spot.

> make that 15

> So far I've counted about 14 others (including myself). At least we'll all

I'm going, as are two of my mates. We're driving from Strabane up north. I think we may be mad!

Strabane! now thats a long drive!
I'm going, wonder who'll support? Don't worry there'll be a big crowd there in the end!

I am in the US but I would like to consider going. What is the Gleneagle Hotel all about?

> I am in the US but I would like to consider going. What is the Gleneagle
> Hotel all about?

The INEC (Irish National Events Centre) is part of the Gleneagle hotel complex. The venue has a capacity of about 3,000 standing.

> I am in the US but I would like to consider going. What is the Gleneagle
> Hotel all about?
The town of Killarney and the surrounding area has been welcoming visitors for 250 years. Killarney is most commonly associated with its natural beauty and numerous golf courses. Over the years Killarney's accommodation base has increased to meet the demand. With over 6,000 registered guest beds and the increase in overseas conference and incentive business to the area The O'Donoghue family's vision to build a 2,500 seat convention centre has further enhanced Killarney's position as a serious contender when it comes to deciding on a conference and incentive destination.

INEC opened in Killarney, Co. Kerry in March 2000 securing its position as Ireland’s largest multi purpose events centre. This beautifully designed centre has the capacity and smooth adaptability to host a wide range of special events. The full auditorium spans over 3,000 sq meters over three floors with ample exhibition and parking space. As a convention centre its flexible format includes quality retractable tiered seating which magically transforms to accommodate conferences that range in size from 200-3,000. INEC also has its own spacious kitchens that can cater for all occasions identifying it as a unique venue for Conference and Incentive Groups looking to create a memorable banqueting experience. INEC is superbly appointed with the very latest technical features and staffed by a dedicated team of technical experts. A full technical spec, floor plan and virtual tour are all available on the INEC web site. www.inec.ie

Adjoining INEC is the acclaimed 250 bedroom Gleneagle Hotel which offers additional conference, exhibition and catering facilities. Also located within INEC Complex are 28 two bedroom luxurious apartments and a new 125 bedroom 4 Star hotel called The Brehon which is set to open on June 12, 2004. The Brehon is located 200meters from INEC; all 125 bedrooms have excellent views of the surrounding natural beauty. Each room is well appointed with individual temperature control, spacious walk in wardrobes and en-suite bathrooms with separate bath and tub. The Brehon's Angsana Spa is an oasis of calm and tranquility featuring a Vitality Pool with Underwater Seating and Hydro Therapy Jets, a Caldarium Razol and Relaxation Room, Tropical Showers, Ice Room and 6 Treatment Rooms.

Conference facilities at The Brehon include 4 individually designed meeting rooms of varying size ideal for small to medium sized conferences. The varying capacities allow you to select a room to best suit your requirements. The meeting rooms are removed from the main thoroughfare of the hotel each room leads out to a relaxing lobby area with private dining options available for both lunch and dinner. In addition The Brehon has a large function room which can cater for conferences that range in size from 50-200 people.

For further information;

E: [email protected]
W: www.inec.ie

> Besides Julia Riley and possibly myself.

Hi Claire. Me and a bunch of mates couldn't get tickets for the Dublin gigs so got tickets for Killarney instead and intend to make a big trip out of it.

I think it'll add to the sense of occasion to travel so far, and I haven't been out of Dublin in ages - as such we're really looking forward to it.

If you're going alone and want some company, drop me a line. More the merrier and all that.

Back
Top Bottom