Is anyone more opposite Morrissey than Bono?

Librarian On Fire

U2 played in Auckland last night and play again tonight. For some reason unbeknown to be New Zealand seems to have a love affair with the band and they must have played here about four or five times.

I think Bono must be the most complete end of the spectrum opposite of Morrissey. Bono and U2 are a huge, bombastic, loud, arrogant, posturing, macho, corporate band. Moz does indeed so be the flower hidden under the shade of Bono. I hate U2. I really do. They mean nothing to me. Never have, never will. Bono is the biggest twat in the music industry. Busy shaking hands with prime ministers, popes, royalty. They sum up everything I hate about the music industry. At least Morrissey has integrity in place. Something Bono doesn't have.

Twat.

I'm sure Morrissey hates Bono...as Bono still has his band
Bono 1 - Morrissey 0

Nahh, I'm only joking

No way!!! Bono looks like a right dick on that video! Bow down to Moz before you approach him!

Last edited by a moderator:
Former THE SMITHS frontman MORRISSEY has launched a scathing attack on U2 rocker BONO -questioning his songwriting talents. The Irish group were recently hailed for creating Britain's best pop lyric, when the line, "One life, with each other, sisters, brothers," from song ONE, beat off competition from The Smiths' classic HOW SOON IS NOW?, which came second in the poll. But speaking at his Manchester, England, gig on Tuesday night (18APR06), a bemused Morrissey cast doubt on the result. He quipped, "I noticed in the newspapers that in a lyrical competition Bono did better than me. He's really nice, but really?"

Former THE SMITHS frontman MORRISSEY has launched a scathing attack on U2 rocker BONO -questioning his songwriting talents. The Irish group were recently hailed for creating Britain's best pop lyric, when the line, "One life, with each other, sisters, brothers," from song ONE, beat off competition from The Smiths' classic HOW SOON IS NOW?, which came second in the poll. But speaking at his Manchester, England, gig on Tuesday night (18APR06), a bemused Morrissey cast doubt on the result. He quipped, "I noticed in the newspapers that in a lyrical competition Bono did better than me. He's really nice, but really?"

Cossy,
Thanks that made my night that Morrissey quote.

Henry Rollins?

....Nowt to do with Bonio really, BUT....
i once won a Pub "Argument" about Morrisseys talent, as some loudmouth was slagging the Smiths because they had NEVER had a Number One single, so must be shite......
I reeled off a list of Number Ones....Joe Dolce, Rene and Renata, The Wombles, etc......Case dismissed. Loudmouth bought me a Pint.....

( This IS Bono related...I met the guy in 1982....he was a perfect gentleman ( and "The Edge"..)..the other two just RAN onto their tour bus to escape the crushing throng of Fans waiting by the "Stage door" ( ...there were about 7 of us...)....and would NOT leave the Bus to sign any stuff....them two are the REAL twats in U2, in my opinion....)

"I noticed in the newspapers that in a lyrical competition Bono did better than me. He's really nice, but really?"

I'd hardly call that a 'scathing attack'.

Back
Top Bottom