Jacques Derrida R.I.P.(?)

C

Codreanu

How thick is my shell? I have only just become aware of Derrida's passing...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3729844.stm

Derrida, you bastard, there IS a place in hell for you and your friends.

"All I have done … is dominated by the thought of a virus, what could be called a parasitology, a virology, the virus being many things.… The virus is in part a parasite that destroys, that introduces disorder into communication. Even from the biological standpoint, this is what happens with a virus; it derails a mechanism of the communicational type, its coding and decoding. On the other hand, it is something that is neither living nor non-living; the virus is not a microbe. And if you follow these two threads, that of a parasite which disrupts destination from the communicative point of view—disrupting writing, inscription, and the coding and decoding of inscription—and which on the other hand is neither alive nor dead, you have the matrix of all that I have done since I began writing." - Jacques Derrida [Brunette & Wills, ed., Deconstruction and the Visual Arts, (Cambridge University Press, 1994), 12.]

Bastard indeed!

I read Derrida. Then I re-read everything I had ever read. That he should have rendered "Leave It To Beaver" and "Hamlet" equally meaningful was disheartening at first.

But only at first....and that made all the differAnce!

apparently not being buried or cremated:
he's being deconstructed