Joey Ramone on the Smiths

Did you know the ramones were actually based on the bay city rollers,they saw the rollers outfits and said we have to do the same,black leather, and they heard s/a/t/u/r/d/a/y/ night and thought we need a catchy song and that's where hey ho lets go originated from.there you go you learn something everyday.

Did you know the ramones were actually based on the bay city rollers,they saw the rollers outfits and said we have to do the same,black leather, and they heard s/a/t/u/r/d/a/y/ night and thought we need a catchy song and that's where hey ho lets go originated from.there you go you learn something everyday.
The Bay City Rollers Dedication was the first album I ever bought. There’s another interesting fact.

The Bay City Rollers Dedication was the first album I ever bought. There’s another interesting fact.
quite sad as well,they sold 120 million albums worldwide and hardly made a penny,manager scavenged the lot.

ramones.jpg

I think the like/dislike thing has been bordering on tongue in cheek for quite a while.
The Ramone graveyard shots / wanting to be buried in the same cemetery / covering Judy / releasing "Morrissey Curates The Ramones" / tour videos / listing his favourite songs & albums on TTY / Johnny Ramone's recent tribute party & lots of other references throughout his life post the 'Ramones Are Rubbish' would indicate he's a fan.
The one second 'nah' uttered in the OP video 31 years ago isn't exactly a hugely expressive, reasoned description of dislike. Perhaps they liked his solo stuff!?
Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom