Just got back from Russell Brand Show!

Kewpie said:
I apologise for starting a new thread, but Courtney's photo on earlier thread posted by wolve I need to create another one.

You mean this one? :p

edit: photo deleted due to some people's sensitiveness

Just watched the video, very nice version of Youngest!

Last edited:
Thanks for everything kewpie, any succes with your letter (was to lazy to read every post)

Cheers
//Chartres

The Goat is going bald.

*ahem* yes after getting back from London AND then the Star & Garter, at 3am, we sat and watched the performance. It MAY look like I have a bald patch at the back of my head but i can confirm it was the reflection from a very bright light situated above me that gave that misleading impression....
Sadly, the back of my head was all that appeared!
I was the first one to shake Morrissey's hand and you can see when He does this he gives a little bow. Never again will I get the chance to be literally arms length away from him for four minutes.
It was a very long day, i was on the bus to Salford Car Hire at 7am Friday and got back in at 3am Saturday with only a 15 minute kip around 3pm Friday. But it was very much worth the effort.
Thanks to Kewpie again for her help (Kewpie, I was at Salford Uni 1986 too!!) and to Kathy, Natalie, P & A who came down with me and kept me awake whilst driving.

The Goat

I just watched the performance again (without the aid of a glass of wine) and still welled up at the end!!!!!!!!It was Russels desperation not to be rejected or mess it up, his total adoration of his idol, and the hug!!!!!!!! I'm going soft...

that hug was sooo awkward in a cute way. it's like...this russel dude was a nervous wreck, morrissey knew he needed to soothe him!

I just watched the performance again (without the aid of a glass of wine) and still welled up at the end!!!!!!!!It was Russels desperation not to be rejected or mess it up, his total adoration of his idol, and the hug!!!!!!!! I'm going soft...

i cried too...
especially at moz initiating the hug...
*sighs*

I'm 5' 7" if it helps :o

I got acknowledged in a funny way by Morrissey when he first came onstage, he did a funny little pointy thing and smiled, which made my night, and then he came over and we shook hands after he'd sung, which made my life complete!
I'd waited 23 years for that moment, since I first became infatuated with the great man while watching The Smiths on The Tube in 1983, and was completely overwhelmed by the experience, rather like Russell was during the hug Morrissey gave him...
About Russell, who I have a ticket to see in February, I'm really sorry to see him maligned by some people here. I've followed his career for the last few years and find him a thoroughly fine fellow, witty, charming, intelligent, and uproariously amusing, with a genuine love for Morrissey, which was made apparent last night.
As we were leaving, from several feet away I stood and watched Russell having photos taken with people, and he spotted me, opened his eyes wide, gave me a big smile and waved and mouthed the word "wow", which was the icing on the cake, as they say, and crowned a fantastic afternoon.
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, if you see me on the upcoming tour, come and say hello :)

Special thanks to Kewpie, who is a lovely person, for helping us out with tickets. bless you x

I saw him give you the nod: all your efforts were recognised! Fair play.

I'm 5' 7" if it helps :o

I got acknowledged in a funny way by Morrissey when he first came onstage, he did a funny little pointy thing and smiled, which made my night, and then he came over and we shook hands after he'd sung, which made my life complete!
I'd waited 23 years for that moment, since I first became infatuated with the great man while watching The Smiths on The Tube in 1983, and was completely overwhelmed by the experience, rather like Russell was during the hug Morrissey gave him...
About Russell, who I have a ticket to see in February, I'm really sorry to see him maligned by some people here. I've followed his career for the last few years and find him a thoroughly fine fellow, witty, charming, intelligent, and uproariously amusing, with a genuine love for Morrissey, which was made apparent last night.
As we were leaving, from several feet away I stood and watched Russell having photos taken with people, and he spotted me, opened his eyes wide, gave me a big smile and waved and mouthed the word "wow", which was the icing on the cake, as they say, and crowned a fantastic afternoon.
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, if you see me on the upcoming tour, come and say hello :)

Special thanks to Kewpie, who is a lovely person, for helping us out with tickets. bless you x

Sounds like a very special moment, must have been fantastic.
I watched the show in its entirety, and it really was awful, apart from the Moz spot.

Cherish the moment, wish I could have been there.

Peter

I felt embarrassed for Courtney Love tonight - she done herself no favours at all.

unfortunately, though, the concepts of embarrassment and shame are beyond that talentless, leeching crack whore.

let's face it, Courtney Love is the Nancy Spungen that survived.

(i still would, though)

I don't know how much of it is an act. Courtney is definitely not a shy wallflower - but the whole crazy bitch persona is way exaggerated. I've read a few interviews with her where she seemed quite intelligent and much nicer than people think. It's a bit as if she is 'two people', but I wonder how often she turns into that person who seems interesting and likeable, and how often she is acting as if she wants to make everyone hate her. She's always been a very messed-up person, since her childhood, and I suppose outrageous behaviour has long time ago become a part of her persona. It's not unusual for children who are neglected and unloved by their parents to become attention-seekers.

thank you!
I'm glad at least some people realize that!

And those of you who repeat all that "crazy whore" non-cense, without even trying to understand her, reading her interviews from back then or even ever listening to her music, are no different from the people who think that Morrissey is an "old miserable c*nt".

You just go along with the media circus.

She is indeed a very intelligent and strong woman, who had her ups and downs, and drugs do leave a long lasting damage, but she is trying to get her life back on track now, after 5 years of hell, being clean for 1,5 years and currently working on a new and probably last album.

And in contrary to what you might think, her music had the life-saving qualities, just like Morrissey's and there are many people, who would confirm it out there.

P.S. And what was the point of that picture? Not even remotely funny. Surely, I can find some bad Morrissey shots or I can do a Courtney Love frink thread and post you million pictures where she looks great.

P.P. S. I'm not really looking for a debate here. I know, you are not going to try to understand. And this is not a Courtney Love discussion thread. Just wanted to state my opinion on the subject once.

Re: Just listened to the Russell Brand (radio) Show!

Congratulations to everyone who got to see the television show. Dougal, I related to you very much -- I would *not* have the nerve to say anything to Mr. Morrissey either!

After listening to the radio show, I have a couple of questions/random observations:

1.) Is it a recent occurence that this Jennifer person has replaced Jed Weitzman as Morrrissey's manager?

2.) Morrissey seemed to be interviewing Russell Brand, rather than the other way round. Curious.

3.) Has Morrissey's Manchester accent pretty much diminished? He sounds different.

I noticed a blonde woman when the recording was proceeding, but at that time didn't know she's the new manager (she seemed the producer of the show).

Russell might find easier to follow Morrissey rather than throwing questions at him.
At least it's quite good to make Morrissey speak for himself.

I'm not sure about his accent.
He left Manchester more than twenty years ago, didn't want to show it in public...
I never heard him talking to his family, might speaking to his parents with Mancunian accent.

I don't think Morrissey ever said Jennifer was his manager. She was just there.

She is in charge of Marketing at Sanctuary so maybe she just went along to make sure Morrissey didn't back out. :p

Congratulations to everyone who got to see the television show. Dougal, I related to you very much -- I would *not* have the nerve to say anything to Mr. Morrissey either!

Thanks for that- can't help replaying the sequence of events in my head but I end up concluding that I was unable to act any differently. The encounter, had it happened or should it ever, can never match what happens when I experience Moz's music, alone. I'm also just very easily embarassed.

Not sure if Jennfier replaces Jed, would seem so although she seemed quite young- could be a Sanctuary bod/ PA?

I really enjoyed hearing Moz interrogate Russell- revealed a lot about himself and good to hear him engaging with an interviewer.

I always think that Morrissey's accent is distinctly Manchester albeit posh and faded but certainly not the Irish twang or Southern affectation he's been acused of adopting.

Thanks for that- can't help replaying the sequence of events in my head but I end up concluding that I was unable to act any differently. The encounter, had it happened or should it ever, can never match what happens when I experience Moz's music, alone. I'm also just very easily embarassed.

Not sure if Jennfier replaces Jed, would seem so although she seemed quite young- could be a Sanctuary bod/ PA?

I really enjoyed hearing Moz interrogate Russell- revealed a lot about himself and good to hear him engaging with an interviewer.

I always think that Morrissey's accent is distinctly Manchester albeit posh and faded but certainly not the Irish twang or Southern affectation he's been acused of adopting.

Moz has said, in fairly recent interviews, that he never had a Manchester accent. Apparently he was called 'Paddy' at school because he had a slight Irish accent. His spoken voice seems to be the one thing that's changed the least over the years unlike his singing voice which I don't think is as soft as it used to be.

Moz has said, in fairly recent interviews, that he never had a Manchester accent. Apparently he was called 'Paddy' at school because he had a slight Irish accent. His spoken voice seems to be the one thing that's changed the least over the years unlike his singing voice which I don't think is as soft as it used to be.

Interesting.

The Russell Brand interview is the first time I've heard Mozza speak in quite awhile [I've been away], so I'm recalling him from like the Janice Long programme and also... I don't remember their names, but they were two London DJ's (apparently the ones whose on-air insensitivity inspired the Smiths' "Panic"). His speaking voice now, by comparison, sounded deeper and a bit rough, and not nearly as strongly inflected. Still sex-ay though ;)

His speaking voice has lost the affectations he had when he was young. He used to affect an Oscar Wilde posh type voice. It was all part of the image.

These days his voice is more natural. Recognisably northern, but not thick Manchester, and with an Irish tinge.

Back
Top Bottom