Morrissey Central "KICK ‘EM WHEN THEY FALL DOWN" (February 17, 2024)

Would bonfire sell like Dog on a chain?
Only 7 thousand copies of Dog sold in the UK, his biggest selling ground.

I would, and it really pains me to say this,
That, Bonfire would be the first album by
Morrissey, not to make the British top 40.

Bonfire ( and Without Music) won’t sell . For Bonfire, the Rebel production and weak songs are in question. For Without, what I heard in Paris in March was crap .
Moz should make one album of the 2 , go back to record with strings and orchestra ( things he has never done) as his voice is still there

Sorry to sound sour, but even if he buys it back, who is going to release it?.

maybe a record label, if Pete can’t convince him to release it himself digitally.

7000 in the first week, surely? I expect it’s sold several thousand more than that.

Les…. Dog, I thought his best album in years, just didn’t sell that well 😞
And Covid had nothing to do with that.
As we all know, if an artist doesn’t put the promo shit in, then that’s their issue.
Me and my eldest daughter seen him at
The Hydro, days just covid kicked in,
Black curtains all along the top tiers,
I asked an attendant why there was black curtains, I was informed that the Hydro at Glasgow just hadn’t sold out by about
3 thousand.
My first indication that Mozz was on the decline, ticket wise.
Nothing will change if Bonfire ever gets
A release.

It depends 100% on whether the UK's Morrissey-friendly radio stations (mainly Radio 2) end what has effectively been a boycott on his new songs since 2019.
If they end the boycott and A-list a single (which is at last half decent, and they usually are), the album is pretty much guaranteed to sell at least 20,000 over the first two or three weeks.
If they don't end the boycott, the album will sell similarly to Dog i.e. 6 or 7,000. There is no danger of him missing the top 40, but sales could fall below 5,000 (which may still mean a top 10 album for one week).

Last edited:
7000 in the first week, surely? I expect it’s sold several thousand more than that.
6,000 in the first week then straight out of the top 100 in the 2nd (both of these figures unprecedented). It might have sold a few hundred more but certainly not a few thousand.

Last edited:
It was his best album in years - massively better than High School yet High School sold 25,000 in week 1 compared with Dog;s 6,000. Why?
Spent the Day in Bed received airplay from all the indie radio stations - none of them went anywhere near the Dog songs. On the rare occasion that they gave a new song a spin (I'm only aware of BBC London once playing River Clean) the presenter effectively issued a disclaimer for playing a song by someone with Morrissey's political views.
That's what it all boils down to.

KICK ‘EM WHEN THEY FALL DOWN

I find it hard to take a post from Moz Central seriously when it lists multiple videos and songs. It's scatterbrained. I prefer to focus and go deep on one (keep your filthy replies to yourselves!).
Ah it's 1.18am here so who cares. I just wish....well remember back around Southpaw Grammar Moz said how he now prefers to say things in an unambiguous way. Well I wish he took that approach on Moz Central. Turn off the dry ice machine, unscrew the red bulbs, and tell us something clearly for once.

It was his best album in years - massively better than High School yet High School sold 25,000 in week 1 compared with Dog;s 6,000. Why?
Spent the Day in Bed received airplay from all the indie radio stations - none of them went anywhere near the Dog songs. On the rare occasion that they gave a new song a spin (I'm only aware of BBC London once playing River Clean) the presenter effectively issued a disclaimer for playing a song by someone with Morrissey's political views.

It depends 100% on whether the UK's Morrissey-friendly radio stations (mainly Radio 2) end what has effectively been a boycott on his new songs since 2019.
If they end the boycott and A-list a single (which is at last half decent, and they usually are), the album is pretty much guaranteed to sell at least 20,000 over the first two or three weeks.
If they don't end the boycott, the album will sell similarly to Dog i.e. 6 or 7,000. There is no danger of him missing the top 40, but sales could fall below 5,000 (which may still mean a top 10 album for one week).
This all depends on a Huge huge MORRISSEY LAUNCH.
Like the Quarry come back album.
We can all talk about if he does this, or that, or if the new manager( god rest his soul)
Is allowed to do this that or the 4cking
Other.
From me to you Mozzer…

Have this year off.
Enjoy the animals that you might live with.

I still love you 🥰🥰🥰

That’s all? really? You don’t think that the pandemic, no tour, and no promotion maybe had some influence?

Last edited:
AND YOU DIDN'T COME TO ARGENTINA YOU KICK ME WHEN I'M DOWN AND ONE OF MY FAVORITE SMITHS SONGS REMINDS ME OF IT... HOW BAD YOUR ATTITUDE MORRISSEY OF NOT MOVING YOUR FINGERS TO WRITE A LINE TO YOUR FANS WHO WERE WAITING FOR YOU YOU HAD THE TICKETS SOLD OUT, AND YOU KICKED ME WHEN I WAS DOWN

AND YOU DIDN'T COME TO ARGENTINA YOU KICK ME WHEN I'M DOWN AND ONE OF MY FAVORITE SMITHS SONGS REMINDS ME OF IT... HOW BAD YOUR ATTITUDE MORRISSEY OF NOT MOVING YOUR FINGERS TO WRITE A LINE TO YOUR FANS WHO WERE WAITING FOR YOU YOU HAD THE TICKETS SOLD OUT, AND YOU KICKED ME WHEN I WAS DOWN
I think he was feeling emotionally blocked and can’t explain.

Well, LIHS was his first album with BMG, who actually made an effort with it. Two proper videos, even Morrissey doing some interviews (with disastrous results), advertising and so on. Plus Spent the Day in Bed was his most commercial single in a very long while: it got airplay and people actually found it witty and funny and catchy. When Dog came out, things had already soured with BMG, who did the bare minimum by just putting it out without really any promo or videos or anything. Morrissey himself didn't bother either. Plus Bobby was a terrible lead single.

politics is so toxic these days that radio stations would rather play gary glitter than someone who has a different slant than their own.i wouldnt want his songs anywhere near middle of the road radio 2.
people who are now djs.
rylan-absolute twat with the whitest and biggest teeth in britain.
emma bunton-former spice girl.
carol vorderman-former brainbox who denies she had a boob job and everyone knows she has.
dermot o leary-full time bawbag.
zoe ball-a person who lost a million listeners and got a million pound pay rise.
liza tarbuck-rather have jimmy tarbuck.
alan carr-used to be funny,
vernon kay-a guy whos career was over and ate a camels dick on the jungle show and now hes a dj.
graham norton-how much money does one person need.
cerys mathews-geez peace.
guy garvie-elbow singer,would rather have tennis elbow.
iggy pop-is on radio 6 today at 4,oh how the mighty have fallen.
i could be here till midnight but this just shows how radio has been taken over by utter dug meat in the last ten years,anyone can get a job as a dj if you have the right agent.
was just looking at the epg on my tv and steve wright is on radio 2 at 9 this morning,you never know the minute,for anybody not from here,he died during the week.

As we all know, if an artist doesn’t put the promo shit in, then that’s their issue.
Me and my eldest daughter seen him at
The Hydro, days just covid kicked in,
Black curtains all along the top tiers,
I asked an attendant why there was black curtains, I was informed that the Hydro at Glasgow just hadn’t sold out by about
3 thousand.
My first indication that Mozz was on the decline, ticket wise.
Nothing will change if Bonfire ever gets
A release.
The hydro was 2018, 2 years before the pandemic 🤔
The black curtains all around was 2015 during the arenas tour.
I think Dog sold even less than 7000 this despite it being a great album.
You’re right in nothing will change.

politics is so toxic these days that radio stations would rather play gary glitter than someone who has a different slant than their own.i wouldnt want his songs anywhere near middle of the road radio 2.
people who are now djs.
rylan-absolute twat with the whitest and biggest teeth in britain.
emma bunton-former spice girl.
carol vorderman-former brainbox who denies she had a boob job and everyone knows she has.
dermot o leary-full time bawbag.
zoe ball-a person who lost a million listeners and got a million pound pay rise.
liza tarbuck-rather have jimmy tarbuck.
alan carr-used to be funny,
vernon kay-a guy whos career was over and ate a camels dick on the jungle show and now hes a dj.
graham norton-how much money does one person need.
cerys mathews-geez peace.
guy garvie-elbow singer,would rather have tennis elbow.
iggy pop-is on radio 6 today at 4,oh how the mighty have fallen.
i could be here till midnight but this just shows how radio has been taken over by utter dug meat in the last ten years,anyone can get a job as a dj if you have the right agent.
was just looking at the epg on my tv and steve wright is on radio 2 at 9 this morning,you never know the minute,for anybody not from here,he died during the week.
Jealousy will get you nowhere.

That’s all? really? You don’t think that the pandemic, no tour, and no promotion maybe had some influence?

zoom it came out on the same day that pubs in britain shut down,if there is one place in the uk that you talk about music its the pubs and bars so it would have generated some sales,how many,we will never know.

zoom it came out on the same day that pubs in britain shut down,if there is one place in the uk that you talk about music its the pubs and bars so it would have generated some sales,how many,we will never know.

Is it the same reason for not even getting in the US charts?

I’ve heard it all now 🤣
The country in lockdown gives the country a great opportunity to listen to Dog, except it never happened. Did it?
Your logic is flawed.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom