Let the Right One In (Swedish movie)

Vic Strangeways

Junior reMember Me
Hi,

I don't know if this has been discussed here before...
Last week I saw an fantastic swedish horror movie called Let the Right One In...it was based on a book with the same name.
Just wondering if anyone knows if the name was inspired by 'Let the Right One Slip In'?!
Thanks

yes it was. The book has even another Moz-Reference. It begins with a quote from "Last of the famous international playboys" ("I never wanted to kill, I am not naturally evil. Such things I do just to make myself more attractive to you, have I failed?")

The author Johan Ajvide Lindqvist is a huge Moz fan, as far as I know most of his book contains Moz qoutes and references.

Uncanny. But there is a piece in the last New Yorker magazine about vampires in popular culture and there was a quick reference to this Swedish work. First thing that came to my mind was the Morrissey song. Small world, eh?

Moz has always been huge in Sweden. Lucas Moodyson is a huge Moz fan as well.

Uncanny. But there is a piece in the last New Yorker magazine about vampires in popular culture and there was a quick reference to this Swedish work. First thing that came to my mind was the Morrissey song. Small world, eh?

Moz has always been huge in Sweden. Lucas Moodyson is a huge Moz fan as well.
I love his reference to morrissey in the wondeful film f*cking amal..the morrissey posters on the wall of agnes room. ..
there was one pic on her wal of him (sitting)l i have never seen before and onyl have found it very recently....
i only remember having seen
F*cking Åmål,Tillsammans,:Lilja 4-ever
I wonder if he have used any more moz references or even music on his other movies

Hi Vic, what is the film like? It looks good from the trailer although a bit scary (I am a total wimp). I'm reading the book at the moment. It's taking me a lot longer to read than usual as I don't want to read it at night (like I said, wimp) but it's very good. I will never listen to the song in the same way again now!

John Ajvide Lindqvist is about to write a new novel about two undead friends biking, singing smithssongs. weird as it is.
I don't think he's a good author, it's horibble books. and the picture is totally worthless
but the moz references is great.:rolleyes:

such a good movie! I just saw it last week and wondered if the title was a refence. Makes so much sense now, especially as someone pointed earlier "i neverwanted to kill, i am not naturally evil.."

must read book now!

Hi Vic, what is the film like? It looks good from the trailer although a bit scary (I am a total wimp). I'm reading the book at the moment. It's taking me a lot longer to read than usual as I don't want to read it at night (like I said, wimp) but it's very good. I will never listen to the song in the same way again now!

The film is excellent, you should check it out!

I love his reference to morrissey in the wondeful film f*cking amal..the morrissey posters on the wall of agnes room. ..
there was one pic on her wal of him (sitting)l i have never seen before and onyl have found it very recently....
i only remember having seen
F*cking Åmål,Tillsammans,:Lilja 4-ever
I wonder if he have used any more moz references or even music on his other movies

Spoilers!
Yes, his third book, called Manniskohamn ("Human harbour"), don't know if there is a translation avaible but that book has several quotes and references to Smiths/Morrissey. For example when one of the characters is performing a killing his quoting Smiths by saying: Fifteen minutes with you I wouldn't say no". Another character is sometimes referring about the line, "I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour, but heaven knows I'm miserable now."

Nope, it wasn't me.

I left the thread in general discussion which was posted by vic strangeways who was mentioning Morrissey reference.

Let the right one in.....

This hit Swedish vampire film made by a director who is a big fan of Morrissey and I believe the film name comes from the Smiths song, well, one of the actresses in it, Karin Bergqvist, is the 2nd cousin of my fiance, and when I move to Sweden next month, we'll be taking over her rented apartment in Malmo. Just thought it was a bit cool. :)

Hee - LeastLikelyTo- I like the dress up Moz paper dolls! Someone needs to make some.

Back
Top Bottom