Live in Dallas DVD

sweetness522

My one true love
Does anyone know where I could find a copy of Live in Dallas on DVD for a fair price that is not a PAL format and is able to play in the U.S.? Thanks for any help in advance.:)

dunno why american dvd's don't have a region hack? Have you tried it? Google your dvd player make n model region hack & see what it comes up with, mines a piece o pish, I just had to open the dvd tray then enter a specific code with the remote & hey presto it'll play any region I desire!

love

Grim

Hi and thanks for your help. I'm keeping that DVD player in mind for the near future. I just called the maker of my DVD player, Maganvox, and it doesn't play PAL formats.

I'd love to know of a good site to purchase music DVD's because with Amazon UK, I'll have the same problem. I didn't know getting a copy of Live in Dallas would be so difficult.:(

Hi and thanks for your help. I'm keeping that DVD player in mind for the near future. I just called the maker of my DVD player, Maganvox, and it doesn't play PAL formats.

I'd love to know of a good site to purchase music DVD's because with Amazon UK, I'll have the same problem. I didn't know getting a copy of Live in Dallas would be so difficult.:(

This link says that it was released in NTSC (United States) format in September of 2007 and there are a few copies available..

you should contact one of those sellers to be sure.

http://www.amazon.com/Morrissey-Liv...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1212517387&sr=1-1

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I ll send you a copy if you like,a copy is rendered region free

Alan

Do you mean a copy of yours or a copy complete with case and artwork? Either would be fine! I appreciate the offer. If you want my import, I'll be glad to trade in case you know of someone in Europe who needs it.

Well why dont you keep the box and stuff to go with the copy?
Send the disc if you like? Pm me your adress and ill get onto it

Alan

You could find an all region dvd player in NYC for $40. just go to an area with a high immigrant population with a lot of store fronts. Many big box stores also carry region free players, as the cheapo Asian ones are usually region free. My friend bought one from Best Buy for $40.

ffs! If only you had a Magnavox instead of Maganvox, coz if you had the former & did what I suggested you'd be able to sort it, so maybe you could see about getting yourself a Magnavox dvd player?

love

Grim
P.s. Google says...
- Press "System Menu" key to enter Set Up menu.
- Move to "Preference Page" using arrow keys to the left or to the right.
- Press the following sequence in the remote control: 135566
- A menu indicating "Region Code" will appear.
- Change region using arrow keys to top or down. Region Code = 0 will play all regions.
- Press "System Menu" key to exit Set Up menu.

i have to give credit to the one who posted this for the 455 model. i only tried it on mine(458).

(

What do you expect to hear from the maker? Its not legal to purchase codefree players, but check this out: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers?DVDname=Magnavox&Submit=Search&Search=Search&dvdportable=&dvdchanger=&dvdtv=&chipset=&orderby=Name&hits=50

There you can find some region free hacks for Magnavox Players, hope yours is in the list...

I think there is some confusion here. The problem is not the region code, it's the PAL format!

While you can easily remove the region code while making a copy of the DVD, converting it to NTCS might turn out to be difficult. If someone finds out how to do it, please tell me. I'm still looking for a way to convert NTSC into PAL.

I think there is some confusion here. The problem is not the region code, it's the PAL format!

While you can easily remove the region code while making a copy of the DVD, converting it to NTCS might turn out to be difficult. If someone finds out how to do it, please tell me. I'm still looking for a way to convert NTSC into PAL.

As far as I know, most dvd players today can play either PAL or NTSC. I don't think you would have a problem with that.

But if you can't play it for whatever reason, I can describe how the video is, if you want.... so you can just close your eyes and imagine :)

I can play PAL dvds in my region free player.

You could find an all region dvd player in NYC for $40. just go to an area with a high immigrant population with a lot of store fronts. Many big box stores also carry region free players, as the cheapo Asian ones are usually region free. My friend bought one from Best Buy for $40.

CD DVD??? Ancient Chinese secret....
But boy if a cop rolls up they put the cd and dvd boots up and bring out the paper lanterns....
lol

As far as I know, most dvd players today can play either PAL or NTSC. I don't think you would have a problem with that.

But if you can't play it for whatever reason, I can describe how the video is, if you want.... so you can just close your eyes and imagine :)

Thanks for the offer, but I already have the DVD. I think that most (if not all) dvd players sold here in Germany can play both PAL and NTSC. I don't know if the players sold in the US can play PAL, though. But it should be no problem viewing it on the computer.

I can play PAL dvds in my region free player.

That may well be, but region code and that PAL/NTSC thing are two completely different things. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

The region code is just some software thing, most dvd players can be reprogrammed to be region free. There are plenty of instructions all over the internet.

If it's PAL, NTSC or SECAM ... that's an entirely different story. Those formats exist since the beginning of television itself. I remember when we only had terrestial tv here in Berlin, the AFN (American Forces Network) had a tv channel of its own. But you couldn't receive it with a PAL tv set. The picture was rolling, it was black and white, and you couldn't get any sound!

Modern DVD players can play PAL and NTSC, at least here in Europe. But I'm not sure if you can play PAL in the US.

Back
Top Bottom