London - The Palladium (Oct. 9, 2022) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:
How Soon Is Now? / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / Our Frank / Knockabout World / First Of The Gang To Die / Irish Blood, English Heart / Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings / Rebels Without Applause / The Loop / I Am Veronica / Frankly, Mr. Shankly / My Hurling Days Are Done / Half A Person / Bonfire Of Teenagers / (Auld Lang Syne intro) Everyday Is Like Sunday / Never Had No One Ever / Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want / Jack The Ripper // Sweet And Tender Hooligan

Setlist courtesy of 'Buddy TC'

Last edited:

How soon Is Now?
We Hate It When Our Friends
Our Frank
Knockabout World
First of the Gang To Die
Irish Blood
Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings
Rebels without Applause
The loop
I Am Veronica
My Hurling Days Are Done
Half A Person
Bonfire Of Teenagers
Auld Lang Syne/Everyday Is Like Sunday
Never Had One Ever
Please Please Please, Let Me
Jack Whippet

Sweet and Tender Hooligan

My vocal highlight was Never Had No One Ever.
It was one of the stand outs in Glasgow last Sunday. It maybe heresy but he sings it better now than he did in 1986👍😉

How soon Is Now?
We Hate It When Our Friends
Our Frank
Knockabout World
First of the Gang To Die
Irish Blood
Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings
Rebels without Applause
The loop
I Am Veronica
My Hurling Days Are Done
Half A Person
Bonfire Of Teenagers
Auld Lang Syne/Everyday Is Like Sunday
Never Had One Ever
Please Please Please, Let Me
Jack Whippet

Sweet and Tender Hooligan
Thanks.
Can you remember where Shankly featured in this?
FWD.

Yeah, having seven days to reminisce last Sunday's Glasgow show, I now totally concur. I don't care if some people think it's clumsy or offensive, it's an absolute stormer❤️👍

I completely agree.

The first time I heard it I felt a little underwhelmed & thought that the lyrics of the chorus were a bit clunky; is calling the mourning people of his home-town ‘morons’ really the best he could come up with?

However, with each listen it’s become a firm favourite. The only part of the lyric I’m really not fond of is “the sheeple people”. Morrissey is better than that; he could think of a more original & poetic way to make his point. I hope this is simply an ad-lib he’s added to live renditions of the song & not a part of the original studio recorded version.

Time will tell.

I said the same. Why Morrissey why ?? We , I. Want the classic smiths and the solo too
I can’t understand why is so insane preparate 3 setlist with different songs and mixed up to give a little fan service, or a song for every place, to not repeat ALWAYS the same !!! even the last tours songs…is so disappointed. He is getting worst…I miss the old Morrissey

The only part of the lyric I’m really not fond of is “the sheeple people”.
Yeah, it's not his greatest lyrical moment, but maybe he's using it as a snapshot of the times.
I don't know about where you live Snoddy, but up here 'sheeple' was used as term of derision by anti-vaxxers against sane people.
However, there's also The Housemartins anti-Thatcher song 'Sheep' with it's refrain, "It's sheep we're up against".
Hopefully he means the latter, or better still, like you say the recorded version has a different lyric🐑🙂

Yeah, it's not his greatest lyrical moment, but maybe he's using it as a snapshot of the times.
I don't know about where you live Snoddy, but up here 'sheeple' was used as term of derision by anti-vaxxers against sane people.
However, there's also The Housemartins anti-Thatcher song 'Sheep' with it's refrain, "It's sheep we're up against".
Hopefully he means the latter, or better still, like you say the recorded version has a different lyric🐑🙂

I’m from Birmingham, U.K.

When I think about calling people sheep my mind jumps to Bill Hicks & some of his old stand-up routines…

But yes, the term ‘sheeple’ has been around for a while & is used everywhere - thrown around casually to the point of being a tedious cliche by now - & I just feel like I’ve heard it too much. I feel like using it in a lyric will date the song badly, & as I said, Morrissey is more than capable with coming up with something more original.

how many more times does doug need to hug morrissey? this is getting out of hand.
Alas. Never in my own opinion. He thinks by being over 40 and still getting hugs and shirts because he now has has preference over platinum ticket holders he can do as he wishes. I saw it in Vegas. He was let in with the fan who they have said was a rather large girl who rushed the stage (maladjusteddoll) before the people who paid top money to be there. So does it really happen? Someone pays their dues? Spend over 100k and then you’re in the circle? We’ll never know won’t we????

You mean anti-vaxxers against anti-vaxxers?

@snoddywilko
Anyway, since it’s a new ad lib, I doubt it’s on the studio version.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom