Longpigs

I'm an absolutely huge Longpigs fan - sometimes it seems like I'm the only one, too. About two years ago, they were "my band" and I completely devoured anything I could get my hands on by them. The poetic eye and intellectual and emotional insight of Crispin Hunt coupled with Richard Hawley's simply magnificent musical backdrop are truly a force to be reckoned with. I seriously rank them up there with Moz & Marr and Anderson & Butler, I think they're that good. And The Sun Is Often Out is probably in my top ten albums ever, real soundtrack to your life album for me. I was just listening to it a few weeks ago and it hasn't lost any of its genius or impact.

Anyway, I've uploaded the album:

Tracklisting:

1. Lost Myself
2. She Said
3. Far
4. On And On
5. Happy Again
6. All Hype
7. Sally Dances
8. Jesus Christ
9. Dozen Wicked Words
10. Elvis
11. Over Our Bodies
12. Sleep

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0BVMTWYJ

And I've also uploaded a little package of B-sides and other stuff related to the band. There's:

1. "As A Girl" (B-side to their last ever single "The Frank Sonata" from the second and last album Mobile Home - both 1999)
2. "Because Of The Weather" (A track from the Crispin Hunt, Howie B and Will O'Donovan album in 2004 entitled Mayonnaise)
3. "Floss" (B-side to the 1996 single "Lost Myself")
4. "Headaches" (B-side to the 1999 single "Blue Skies")
5. "New York" (B-side to "The Frank Sonata")
6. "Seventies, Just Passing Over" (B-side to "Blue Skies")
7. "Whiteness" (B-side to the 1995 single "Jesus Christ")

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7FEDALKR

Last edited:
Thank you very much, dazzak.
I was wondering what happened to Crispin.

I was wondering what happened to Crispin.
I've asked myself that question many, many times and it usually ends up with me either crying or breaking something. It actually enrages me - usually, to be fair, when I'm listening to anything by Crispin and am absolutely sloshed - how underrated and overlooked his offerings are. He has simply had the most unjustly ill-fated career.

I just got the first paycheck from my new job, so I'm planning on hunting down the Longpigs singles and eventually acquiring everything by them. I'll get round to putting it all up here.

Back
Top Bottom