Morrissey Central "LUMINARY AYLESBURY" & "BAND IN GLOVE" (July 24, 2023)

LUMINARY AYLESBURY

IMG_4592.JPG

(Uncredited image by @conkan).

BAND IN GLOVE

0-1.jpeg

Morrissey band at Aylesbury last night: Carmen Vandenberg (guitar), Juan Galeano (bass), Morrissey (vocals), Jesse Tobias (guitar). Brendan Buckley (drums), Camila Grey (keyboards) obscured.

Photo by Violeta

Yes, and the band seem to be quite well forward on the stage for once, which is good to see as opposed to being stuck in the shadows.
That's because it's taken during the end of Speedway, after the little pause in the middle (you can tell by the backing image of Germaine Greer). Unfortunately it's the only time during the entire set that all the band members come forward, instead of being rooted to the spot at the back of the stage. In my opinion, it would be much better to have the band forward like this for the entire gig - get a bit of interaction going between Moz and the band, and have them feel more like a proper band than a bunch of backing musicians.

That's because it's taken during the end of Speedway, after the little pause in the middle (you can tell by the backing image of Germaine Greer). Unfortunately it's the only time during the entire set that all the band members come forward, instead of being rooted to the spot at the back of the stage. In my opinion, it would be much better to have the band forward like this for the entire gig - get a bit of interaction going between Moz and the band, and have them feel more like a proper band than a bunch of backing musicians.

and be bumping into each other all night? Nah, M learned his lesson when he had to tell Boz to cool it with the duckwalking back in the day. Lol.

Yes, and the band seem to be quite well forward on the stage for once, which is good to see as opposed to being stuck in the shadows.
They only seem to do this after the break/blackout in 'Speedway'... and then slink back to the shadows!

What an awesome gig! When he stopped the Ripper to save the fan from security manhandling, I cried like a baby. I loved it, and the way he cuddled her. I'll never forget that.

I wish he would play Paris, Suedehead, and HSIN 3 times each at every
show. Then for the oncore play Our Frank 4 times straight.

There's actually a stop (Carmen, Juan, Morrissey, Jesse. Then Brendan and Camila, obscured), so I think they mean both Brendan and Camila are the obscured ones (which they are)

Well spotted! Maybe they should have found a better photo for "Morrissey band at Aylesbury last night"... or were none taken!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom