Meat is murder

wolve

the sad punk
Anyone who wears the tshirt with the album cover and isn't a vegetarian? Just wondering.

Been veggie most of my life,could never be a hypocrite.

Anyone who wears the tshirt with the album cover and isn't a vegetarian? Just wondering.
I am veggie and take pride in wearing my Meat Is Murder t-shirt.
I think people shouldn't wear MIM t-shirt if they eat meat. I just don't think it is true-to-them. :D

I love eating meat and from time to time I wear a Meat Is Murder pin. I often feel a tad guilty whilst tucking into my tuna sani at lunch. But the image for me...is more than just about meat (of the animal variety)

I'm not a vegetarian so I refuse to even consider wearing the MIM shirt. It would be terribly hypocritical to wear the shirt while eating a cheeseburger, wouldn't it?

I'm not a vegetarian so I refuse to even consider wearing the MIM shirt. It would be terribly hypocritical to wear the shirt while eating a cheeseburger, wouldn't it?

ahhh lighten up :rolleyes:

I eat meat but I wear the t-shirt because it is a Smith's album and one of my favourites at that. I'm sure there's people who wear a Queen Is Dead t-shirt but are in favour of the royal family.

I stopped eating meat the minute I heard that song and bought that t-shirt

I think everybody should buy that shirt and decide to NOT eat meat because they bought it want to wear it without being a hypocrite. When I first started out, my dad got me a PETA shirt to keep me going...

peta is a horrible organization and even though i love morrissey i will never support them. while i do believe that animals shouldn't tortured and be treated in a more humane matter, i dont believe that we shouldn't eat them. after all, if animals could they would eat us (and they try).

and to anwser the question, if i had a meat is murder shirt i would wear it, in support of the smiths and the wonderful album.

I think that we should always remember that as human beings we can sometimes stray from what we feel is right. After being a committed veggie for 15 years i had an insatiable craving for red meat during my third pregnancy (babies 1 & 2 were happy veggies). During this temporary pregnancy induced insanity I still felt it was wrong to eat meat and would not have wanted to be frowned upon for wearing my MIM t-shirt (however in the event it was far too small for me anyway!)

peta is a horrible organization and even though i love morrissey i will never support them. while i do believe that animals shouldn't tortured and be treated in a more humane matter, i dont believe that we shouldn't eat them. after all, if animals could they would eat us (and they try).

and to anwser the question, if i had a meat is murder shirt i would wear it, in support of the smiths and the wonderful album.

so you don't want them tortured, but then it's ok to be killed? how can you humanely kill someone? unless you have their consent, like euthanasia (which is also very debatable)...there is no humane murder. i don't think people who eat meat should ever speak of "not torturing animals".if you didn't want them tortured, you wouldn't eat meat, because not only do they go through horrible conditions and miserable lives, but ultimately they all die a terrible death. your concern about torturing them is just an attempt to conceal the fact that you're an egoist. try making yourself more humane by actually enforcing your wish to not have animals go through pain and suffer by not contributing to the industry that does inflict that pain.

cows, pigs, and chickens are herbivores. they don't eat meat, therefore they wouldn't attack you for the purpose of eating you. if you were to eat a lion or a bear, then i suppose you could have an argument. but do you feast on cheetah ribs every day?

so you don't want them tortured, but then it's ok to be killed? how can you humanely kill someone? unless you have their consent, like euthanasia (which is also very debatable)...there is no humane murder. i don't think people who eat meat should ever speak of "not torturing animals".if you didn't want them tortured, you wouldn't eat meat, because not only do they go through horrible conditions and miserable lives, but ultimately they all die a terrible death. your concern about torturing them is just an attempt to conceal the fact that you're an egoist. try making yourself more humane by actually enforcing your wish to not have animals go through pain and suffer by not contributing to the industry that does inflict that pain.

cows, pigs, and chickens are herbivores. they don't eat meat, therefore they wouldn't attack you for the purpose of eating you. if you were to eat a lion or a bear, then i suppose you could have an argument. but do you feast on cheetah ribs every day?

very good answer!

I've wore my Meat is Murder T shirt while waiting in line at McDonalds. I bought the t shirt because I love the album and its a nice design.....I had a salad tonight if that makes it any better.........

how sad, where did you think meat came from before?

no it's not sad! it's very good that that song could inspire so many people to think about it.

and I have to say, I am really glad that over 20 years after 'meat is murder' there are animal rights and veggie discussions on the morrissey forum! usually I only find these kind of wild and emotional confrontations on vegan forums. It's great that an artist can raise such a stir for years and years and years. it really is admirable, isn't it?

hey you could kill animals quickly cant you? how long do you think an animal will live if you chop its head off. by no means am i an egoist. it's the hardcore vegetarians who think they are doing so much good in the world by not eating meat and trying to end animal cruelty. i think they are some of the most self centered, arrogant people in the world.

anyways everyone should watch this video. see what peta really does

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l9ijLulwUTY

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

it really makes me sick.

Last edited:
i would love to try cheetah ribs. so far the most exotic thing i've eaten is kangaroo while in vacation in australia.

There was a restaurant in my hometown that served kangaroo (or at least they said it was). It wasn't very good and I felt very uncomfortable about eating it. I've also eaten alligator in Florida, which is very tasty.

hey you could kill animals quickly cant you? how long do you think an animal will live if you chop its head off.

Animals killed in slaughterhouses are killed by machinery and unskilled workers, they miss the jugular again and again.

Back
Top Bottom