Mensi of the Angelic Upstarts has passed away

Sad news, expect a central eulogy soon

Image posted by Famous when dead:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
But you know that he's also supported various left-wing figures in the last 5 years or so, don't you? As well as declaring a liking for George Galloway, he urged Americans to vote for Bernie Sanders in the 2016 election (or whenever it was) and made some vaguely positive noises about Corbyn too, so why do you make out that he is completely right wing, when he clearly isn't?
He's just absolutely muddled when it comes to politics hence the mess he's got himself into. Anyone with any political intelligence will have known that promoting For Britain was utter madness. But he probably never even read their manifesto - he just liked the sound of the woman in charge (who had flitted between parties including Labour). Politically idiotic, gullible, muddled and foolish, yes. Genuinely right wing, no.
If you think Galloway is left wing, you obviously haven't been around his campaigns as I was in Bradford.

Where is the video from? I am racking my small miniature brain!
Beginning of Introducing Morrissey video. Believe its set to the verison of Jerusalem from the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner

Wow what a crusader you are. How far off is your Utopia? I want to make sure I stay well clear of its postcode.
Great contribution.👍 Just pretend everything's ok in "World of Morrissey". And will the critics please please please shut up! We will never meet, I can assure you.

I don't think a singer with lifelong depression is to blame because some hack wants clickbait.

I have no idea what Fiona's particular motivation is, she hasn't said.

And as for Morrissey's world - he hasn't been well since he collapsed in 2009. And I don't see it improving. Monstering him is just grotesque.
Do you think it's appropriate that you are the doctor, the psychiatrist and Morrissey's press officer all in one? Above all, you want to interpret all his crude statements and interviews of the last 10-12 years correctly? I'll stop now out of respect for Mensi, from whom I would have liked to know how he felt about the late Morrissey. I will not accept your tactic that one simply cannot talk about the reasons for Morrissey's career decline and that this was only caused by someone else's fault, and I will gladly counter it elsewhere.

Do you think it's appropriate that you are the doctor, the psychiatrist and Morrissey's press officer all in one? Above all, you want to interpret all his crude statements and interviews of the last 10-12 years correctly? I'll stop now out of respect for Mensi, from whom I would have liked to know how he felt about the late Morrissey. I will not accept your tactic that one simply cannot talk about the reasons for Morrissey's career decline and that this was only caused by someone else's fault, and I will gladly counter it elsewhere.

Oh, so it's appropriate for you to entirely blame Morrissey? Because you somehow are entirely correct?

If Mensi wanted you to know, he would have said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, so it's appropriate for you to entirely blame Morrissey? Because you somehow you are entirely correct?

If Mensi wanted you to know, he would have said.
I make no claim to complete accuracy. I just can't stand the great depression around Morrissey any- more. And the whining of the remaining that the ex-supporters are partly to blame because they don't shout "Hurrah" at every burp of the late Morrissey. It is not only about dubious statements but also, as others have written, about wrong career decisions in the last 10-12 years. He already knew in 2004: "The whispering may hurt you but the printed word might kill you" so he cannot say he was not aware of the danger.

I make no claim to complete accuracy. I just can't stand the great depression around Morrissey any- more. And the whining of the remaining that the ex-supporters are partly to blame because they don't shout "Hurrah" at every burp of the late Morrissey. It is not only about dubious statements but also, as others have written, about wrong career decisions in the last 10-12 years. He already knew in 2004: "The whispering may hurt you but the printed word might kill you" so he cannot say he was not aware of the danger.

The problem was there from the beginning & if he was a neatly curated star he wouldn't be the same artist.

Beginning of Introducing Morrissey video. Believe its set to the version of Jerusalem from the film The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
Thank you for sending. I went to YouTube and watched the beginning of the video and saw that. My copy does not contain that part. My version omitted that bit but included "Swinging on a Star" during the closing credits role. Sadly, "SOAS" it did not make the final commercial release. On a side note, I was in Blackpool when Morrissey picked the lad who stared in that clip.

All those songs are shite. If 'England' came out today it would be banned by radio stations, it would be seen as right wing propaganda, the Skinny loser guy would be having a fit. The song wasn't helped in that Mensi didn't know that the colours on the flag of England weren't red, white and blue either.

Put on 'The murder of Liddle Towers' or 'Police Oppression' for vintage Upstarts material.

RIP Mensi
You, sir, are shite. What a boring, cynical and obnoxious thing to write as a reply to a post like that, in a thread like this.

Great contribution.👍 Just pretend everything's ok in "World of Morrissey". And will the critics please please please shut up! We will never meet, I can assure you.
You don't get it. Nothing is ever "Okay", especially with you 'perfect world people'.

They are. You’re in a minority to believe (if you actually do?) otherwise.
Couldn't give a toss if I'm in the minority. Being informed and correct was never about being agreed with for me.

A true inspiration for punks and skins around the world. What a brilliant mind he had. Angelic Upstarts will forever be one of my top favorite bands. Rip legend.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom