Morrissey and BPD

You cultivated a 'des esseintes' existance while spending many hours looking at yourself on a half a dozen mirrors.:hushed:
OK.
But, the question is will you ever let one of your Co Workers take you out on a date? Just a date? Maybe he/she will buy you one of those plastic suits.:hearteyes:
nahhh

Ha. I remember this post. It was aimed at me. Two years later, I am doing better than ever, she is still living in the bug and pot smoke infested rental place, poking fun at random people. The truth is, I only feel pity for her, as she must suffer from something incurable. She was responsible for numerous people being banned (including calamine), when in fact it should have been her for taunting me for months. I choose my battles and this one was not worth of my effort and time. After all, all she has to offer to anyone is her big ego. That's all she is.

This is not true. I've nothing against you Pablo Honey, and I don't care for that thing between you two, but this is simply not true. Rifke wasn't "responsible for numerous people getting banned" at all. She might have been the final nail in "Calamine Lotion's" (temporary) coffin (although CL telling the site owner to go f*** himself might have had something to do with it as well) but ultimately CL got herself banned and that is one poster, not numerous ones.

Last edited:
This is not true. I've nothing against you Pablo Honey, and I don't care for that thing between you two, but this is simply not true. Rifke wasn't "responsible for numerous people getting banned" at all. She might have been the final nail in "Calamine Lotion's" (temporary) coffin (although CL telling the site owner to go f*** himself might have had something to do with it as well) but ultimately CL got herself banned and that is one poster, not numerous ones.
I wasn't even going to bother addressing this because this "lack of any relation to reality" kind of statement is typical of Pablo honey, and if you say anything to that effect he'll accuse you of "taunting him" for "months".
but, yeah, i wish I had that much sway around here to get numerous people banned :lbf:
it should also be mentioned that calamine lotion had been warned and suspended before she was banned, so it's not like it should have taken her by surprise. if she had amended her egregious behaviour after having been warned (which is really the whole point of being warned--a point that had apparently been lost on her), she wouldn't have been banned. she chose not to. *shrug*

No one needed her further elaborations above, but as long as the subject is still ongoing - I'll add that I'm very happy to both buy, as well as create. And I do, actively, do both.

I'm sure rifke will let us know as soon as she one day does anything other than complain about her life on this site.

You can't rush non-mediocrity, vegan.cro!

These things take time!

Ha. I remember this post. It was aimed at me. Two years later, I am doing better than ever, she is still living in the bug and pot smoke infested rental place, poking fun at random people. The truth is, I only feel pity for her, as she must suffer from something incurable. She was responsible for numerous people being banned (including calamine), when in fact it should have been her for taunting me for months. I choose my battles and this one was not worth of my effort and time. After all, all she has to offer to anyone is her big ego. That's all she is.

That's what I'm saying. She is the common factor in many of these petty disputes because she thinks it's rifke-solo. Then when someone snaps on her she runs to tell teacher.

f*** you. There is a thread for you to talk about me.

The more you know about Borderline personality disorder, the more you wish you didn't.

A simple (“simple”) mood disorder such as bipolar can be treated with medication, but a personality disorder like borderline makes it impossible to ever socialize normally and have healthy, stable relationships with anyone.

Bipolar disorder is a condition you live with and manage, but borderline personality disorder is who you are.

It's you. It's your personality.

Up to 60% of Cluster B’s are comorbid/comorbiding: relating to or denoting a medical condition that co-occurs with another. The more disorders in the mix, the more seductive and dangerous the Cluster B will be and the harder your escape and road to recovery will be.

Borderlines are chameleons because they have no self identity, they don’t know who they are, they don’t know how to control anything, they can’t be responsible for their actions, they don’t care about consequences, they don’t care about destroying lives, and they don’t care about hurting themselves or others.

Borderlines pick vulnerable people, who they can control or they can feel good around, they pretend to be everything you’ve ever wanted. You’re the best they’ve ever had, you’re so special.They are master manipulators. They lie when they open their mouth, they're all about pretending.

Because they have no personality they're allways playing roles.

In the beginning they support you, they admire you, think you are wonderful. And because they know all about you, they then know which buttons to push that will get you to do what they want. You’ve found the one person that sets your heart ablaze! They do anything and everything to prove their love, compassion and dedication to you. You buy into it. You are a victim of the idealization phase - mirroring and love bombing.

Once you love them, they hate you for it because of huge underlying issues surrounding guilt, shame and obligation.

Once you are devalued, you are treated like trash.

The one day comes where things begin to “not make sense”, but you let it slide because people have “off” days. Things begin to happen more and more and you become used to the changes. As your relationship continues, they will start to say that you are not the person they admired so much when they first met you — even though you have not changed. The other person becomes someone cold and distant, someone that you no longer recognize. They will find a number of ways to humiliate or denigrate your current efforts saying something like, “You used to do X, but now look at you. You are doing Y and it is terrible.” (You fill in the x and y.) And these criticisms will come at you in a variety of ways: slight insults under their breath, confidences to friends that they know will be repeated, sudden bursts of anger that blindside you. One day you realize that you are in a constant state of fear and agitation.

The actual rage-trigger is difficult for you to see. But in the Borderline's mind it always seems to be very clear. To her, there is always a cause. And the cause is always you. Whether it is the tone of your voice, how you think, how you feel, dress, move or breathe - or "the way you're looking at me," - she will always justify her rage by blaming you for "having to hurt her." It all serves to break you down over time.

Prepare to get yelled at for nothing, be lied to pathologically, passive aggressive behavior, silent treatment, to be gaslighted, the minute to minute mood swings, did I mention rage? Yes, rage until spit is flying out of their mouths.

They are in control and you are out of control. You are bashed and beat up quite often, you lose your value and you begin spending your time constantly trying to fix and understand things. Nothing you do works. Your life may be hell by now, but you still have hope. You still have love. They are the ruler now and you are deteriorating. They’ve done this before and know how to play the game and you don’t. You are discarded like a day old chicken carcass with only stringy bits of white meat remaining.

They can see you’re hooked on them like a drug, and they cheat, they lie, they project themselves onto you.

They become your worst nightmare and your dream, you long for them to return to the lovely creature they once were, but there is a moment when you realise that it is all fake and its all lies, and thats when the denial lifts and you decide to leave. Queue huge emptiness, longing, yearning and obsessive thinking over what happened, how could they do this, how could they do that.

And more than anything, how little they actually felt for you.

Only when you face the obvious you can heal, but that will mean facing a huge emotional wall of sadness and anger and hate for this person. They are ill people, they are at the end of the day in the same bed as sociopaths. Borderlines dont admit to what they’ve done, they make you feel awful.

They are monstrously narcissistic, no one else matters.

It is actually life-changing to be destroyed by a Borderline.

In the end you are left confused and heartbroken in the worst possible way.

It is 1000 times worse than being heartbroken in from a normal relationship where you can at least get some type of understanding and relationship closure. Its hell.

It feels like something you’ll NEVER EVER EVER EVER understand until it happens. It’s certainly the ultimate betrayal.

They're able to destroy relationships, lives, and other people's ability to trust others in a single bound.

They routinely use people like toilet paper. That’s about it.

They have the ability to completely rip out the heart of anyone that love them and then the BPD person will twist the situation and somehow make themselves the victim to anyone who will listen.

I believe borderlines don’t really understand other's emotions, but they do understand power and how to control. In fact control is at the heart of what they are about.

They also believe they are empathetic and able to read people, but it's just projection and projective identification.

They claim to love so deeply but that's just their denial at how harmful they are to people.

They are extremely violent and cold to the abuse they do to people they love. They will cheat and lie with anyone that pays them attention.

An untreated Borderline will target the person closest to them, usually their romantic partner/husband/wife, and slowly destroy them from the inside out.

Often untreated BPD partners don’t hoover as they caused too much destruction during the devalue/destroy phase. They create their own “no-going-back” world. Red flag is that such folks often have no previous partners as friends.

Devaluation and discarding cycles are never ending. Wash and repeat cycles. It gets odd dealing with someone who creates drama where there is none.

Their comfort zone is misery. They take comfort in it. They want the outside world to match their inner world.

Constantly complaining and unable to self soothe and holding others responsible for their well-being. They are incredibly draining and needy.

They will never get better. They will never say they're wrong. They will use you and throw you on the human scrap pile when they're through with you.

Borderlines are incredibly toxic…that person you met in the beginning is simply an illusion and is long gone.

Everything is a melodrama, everything is a crisis, everything is a personal offense, all the time.

Their behavior seems to totally depend on who they are "behaving" in front of, what "behavior" will serve them best in which setting at which moment, who or what can they "blame" for their behavior, how they want to appear to others at that moment, do they want attention or already have attention, do they need to manipulate the people around them or are those people already doing what they "needed" them to do, do they need to "behave" like they are happy, sad, hurt, bored, angry, the heroine, the victim, compassionate, indifferent, caring, love, hate, best friend, enemy, like, can't stand, want, don't want, need, don't need.

Borderlines are like a walking, talking slideshow of "behaviors". If the "behavior" gets the reaction they want, the slideshow stops in that frame. To another person that "behavior" frame may not be getting the desired reaction so the slideshow starts moving again. There is NO set behavior in a borderline person. Their "behavior" is situational to each setting and adjusted to each person in that setting.

Accusations, accusations, accusations, followed by more accusations, with additional accusations afterward. Later, there will be accusations.

If you could make a ratio of accusations-made-by to total-words-said-by the person, you would have a good behavioral rule of thumb metric on how to tell if someone has the condition.

In fact, one could almost think of BPD in a useful way as “addiction to making accusations”.

Run as far and as fast as you can from these people - they will leave a trail of destroyed personal relationships behind them, and forget about getting them help. They’re extremely resistant to treatment / therapy.

If you know she's borderline and you choose to stay then don't cry when she makes you go insane, when you have circular conversations that have no resolution and feel yourself losing it, accept it, when you get cheated on like the guy in boogie nights don't be surprised.

People with BPD are abusers. They seem to function from a child's perspective some of the time and from their deep unconscious for most of it. Inside the unconscious are very primitive early evolutionary monsters that act from very negative emotions and responses. Fear, rage, violence, lust, revenge, hate, hunger, dominance.

Once activated they seem to have no ability to regulate these unconscious creatures.

On the other hand many are psychopaths and all are narcissists.

Empathy is a huge problem as is compassion.

Love is a fantasy for them, soon it turns to hate, revenge and devaluing of any threat of loss of control.

Abandonment fears provokes manipulation and control.

They infect any person/group their in with their disorder.....arguments, fights, distrust, betrayal, abuse.

Continued need is the main BPD characteristic.

They are never going to be on the same page as you, they weren't even in the same relationship with you.

They are not capable of thinking as a normal human.

Person with Borderline personality disorder is as damaging to adult as a pedophile is to a child. They both destroy lives and minds but the borderlines gets off away without being punished.

Leave, or stay and it will be the single greatest regret of your life.

Last edited:
The more you know about Borderline personality disorder, the more you wish you didn't.

A simple (“simple”) mood disorder such as bipolar can be treated with medication, but a personality disorder like borderline makes it impossible to ever socialize normally and have healthy, stable relationships with anyone.

Bipolar disorder is a condition you live with and manage, but borderline personality disorder is who you are.

It's you. It's your personality.

Up to 60% of Cluster B’s are comorbid/comorbiding: relating to or denoting a medical condition that co-occurs with another. The more disorders in the mix, the more seductive and dangerous the Cluster B will be and the harder your escape and road to recovery will be.

Borderlines are chameleons because they have no self identity, they don’t know who they are, they don’t know how to control anything, they can’t be responsible for their actions, they don’t care about consequences, they don’t care about destroying lives, and they don’t care about hurting themselves or others.

Borderlines pick vulnerable people, who they can control or they can feel good around, they pretend to be everything you’ve ever wanted. You’re the best they’ve ever had, you’re so special.They are master manipulators. They lie when they open their mouth, they're all about pretending.

In the beginning they support you, they admire you, think you are wonderful. And because they know all about you, they then know which buttons to push that will get you to do what they want. You’ve found the one person that sets your heart ablaze! They do anything and everything to prove their love, compassion and dedication to you. You buy into it. You are a victim of the idealization phase - mirroring and love bombing.

Once you love them, they hate you for it because of huge underlying issues surrounding guilt, shame and obligation.

The one day comes where things begin to “not make sense”, but you let it slide because people have “off” days. Things begin to happen more and more and you become used to the changes. As your relationship continues, they will start to say that you are not the person they admired so much when they first met you — even though you have not changed. The other person becomes someone cold and distant, someone that you no longer recognize. They will find a number of ways to humiliate or denigrate your current efforts saying something like, “You used to do X, but now look at you. You are doing Y and it is terrible.” (You fill in the x and y.) And these criticisms will come at you in a variety of ways: slight insults under their breath, confidences to friends that they know will be repeated, sudden bursts of anger that blindside you. One day you realize that you are in a constant state of fear and agitation.

The actual rage-trigger is difficult for you to see. But in the Borderline's mind it always seems to be very clear. To her, there is always a cause. And the cause is always you. Whether it is the tone of your voice, how you think, how you feel, dress, move or breathe - or "the way you're looking at me," - she will always justify her rage by blaming you for "having to hurt her." It all serves to break you down over time.

Prepare to get yelled at for nothing, be lied to pathologically, passive aggressive behavior, silent treatment, to be gaslighted, the minute to minute mood swings, did I mention rage? Yes, rage until spit is flying out of their mouths.

They are in control and you are out of control. You are bashed and beat up quite often, you lose your value and you begin spending your time constantly trying to fix and understand things. Nothing you do works. Your life may be hell by now, but you still have hope. You still have love. They are the ruler now and you are deteriorating. They’ve done this before and know how to play the game and you don’t. You are discarded like a day old chicken carcass with only stringy bits of white meat remaining.

They can see you’re hooked on them like a drug, and they cheat, they lie, they project themselves onto you.

They become your worst nightmare and your dream, you long for them to return to the lovely creature they once were, but there is a moment when you realise that it is all fake and its all lies, and thats when the denial lifts and you decide to leave. Queue huge emptiness, longing, yearning and obsessive thinking over what happened, how could they do this, how could they do that.

Only when you face the obvious you can heal, but that will mean facing a huge emotional wall of sadness and anger and hate for this person. They are ill people, they are at the end of the day in the same bed as sociopaths. Borderlines dont admit to what they’ve done, they make you feel awful.

It is 1000 times worse than being heartbroken in from a normal relationship where you can at least get some type of understanding and relationship closure. Its hell.

It feels like something you’ll NEVER EVER EVER EVER understand until it happens. It’s certainly the ultimate betrayal.

They're able to destroy relationships, lives, and other people's ability to trust others in a single bound.

They have the ability to completely rip out the heart of anyone that love them and then the BPD person will twist the situation and somehow make themselves the victim to anyone who will listen.

I believe borderlines don’t really understand other's emotions, but they do understand power and how to control. In fact control is at the heart of what they are about.

They also believe they are empathetic and able to read people, but it's just projection and projective identification.

They claim to love so deeply but that's just their denial at how harmful they are to people.

They are extremely violent and cold to the abuse they do to people they love. They will cheat and lie with anyone that pays them attention.

An untreated Borderline will target the person closest to them, usually their romantic partner/husband/wife, and slowly destroy them from the inside out.

Often untreated BPD partners don’t hoover as they caused too much destruction during the devalue/destroy phase. They create their own “no-going-back” world. Red flag is that such folks often have no previous partners as friends.

Devaluation and discarding cycles are never ending. Wash and repeat cycles. It gets odd dealing with someone who creates drama where there is none.

Their comfort zone is misery. They take comfort in it. They want the outside world to match their inner world.

Constantly complaining and unable to self soothe and holding others responsible for their well-being. They are incredibly draining and needy.

They will never get better. They will never say they're wrong. They will use you and throw you on the human scrap pile when they're through with you.

Borderlines are incredibly toxic…that person you met in the beginning is simply an illusion and is long gone.

Everything is a melodrama, everything is a crisis, everything is a personal offense, all the time.

Their behavior seems to totally depend on who they are "behaving" in front of, what "behavior" will serve them best in which setting at which moment, who or what can they "blame" for their behavior, how they want to appear to others at that moment, do they want attention or already have attention, do they need to manipulate the people around them or are those people already doing what they "needed" them to do, do they need to "behave" like they are happy, sad, hurt, bored, angry, the heroine, the victim, compassionate, indifferent, caring, love, hate, best friend, enemy, like, can't stand, want, don't want, need, don't need.

Borderlines are like a walking, talking slideshow of "behaviors". If the "behavior" gets the reaction they want, the slideshow stops in that frame. To another person that "behavior" frame may not be getting the desired reaction so the slideshow starts moving again. There is NO set behavior in a borderline person. Their "behavior" is situational to each setting and adjusted to each person in that setting.

Accusations, accusations, accusations, followed by more accusations, with additional accusations afterward. Later, there will be accusations.

If you could make a ratio of accusations-made-by to total-words-said-by the person, you would have a good behavioral rule of thumb metric on how to tell if someone has the condition.

In fact, one could almost think of BPD in a useful way as “addiction to making accusations”.

Run as far and as fast as you can from these people - they will leave a trail of destroyed personal relationships behind them, and forget about getting them help. They’re extremely resistant to treatment / therapy.

If you know she's borderline and you choose to stay then don't cry when she makes you go insane, when you have circular conversations that have no resolution and feel yourself losing it, accept it, when you get cheated on like the guy in boogie nights don't be surprised.

People with BPD are abusers. They seem to function from a child's perspective some of the time and from their deep unconscious for most of it. Inside the unconscious are very primitive early evolutionary monsters that act from very negative emotions and responses. Fear, rage, violence, lust, revenge, hate, hunger, dominance.

Once activated they seem to have no ability to regulate these unconscious creatures.

Love is a fantasy for them, soon it turns to hate, revenge and devaluing of any threat of loss of control.

They infect any person/group their in with their disorder.....arguments, fights, distrust, betrayal, abuse.

They are never going to be on the same page as you, they weren't even in the same relationship with you.

Person with Borderline personality disorder is as damaging to adult as a pedophile is to a child. They both destroy lives and minds but the borderlines gets off away without being punished.

Bipolar isn't easy to control its also complex and can be extremely devastating to sufferers. Medication can in most instances do a bit to help but its multifactorial. I know first hand from people I know thats its not be shrugged off with a statement that it can be controlled on medication.

Bipolar isn't easy to control its also complex and can be extremely devastating to sufferers. Medication can in most instances do a bit to help but its multifactorial. I know first hand from people I know thats its not be shrugged off with a statement that it can be controlled on medication.

I wasn't trying to underate bipolar when making comparation. I will change that part of the post.

Personality disorder like borderline makes it impossible to ever socialize normally and have healthy, stable relationships with anyone.

Borderline personality disorder is who you are. It's you. It's your personality.

Like most websites, we use cookies.
If this is okay with you, please close this message.
close.png

read more about your options.

HomeInformation & supportTypes of mental health problemsBorderline personality disorder (BPD)
Borderline personality disorder (BPD)
Explains borderline personality disorder (BPD), also known as emotionally unstable personality disorder (EUPD), including possible causes and how you can access treatment and support. Includes tips for helping yourself, and guidance for friends and family.

Your stories
Imagegen.ashx

'The borderline'
Imani compares the change in treatment since her diagnosis was changed from bipolar to BPD.

Imani
Posted on 14/03/2017

Imagegen.ashx

Being diagnosed with BPD
Leah blogs on her journey after being diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder.

Leah Burton
Posted on 13/01/2016

Imagegen.ashx

A disordered personality?
Debbie talks about her experience of borderline personality disorder.

Debbie
Posted on 30/07/2014

Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is also known as emotionally unstable personality disorder (EUPD). If you clicked on BPD or EUPD in our mental health A-Z then you’ve reached the right page. It’s your choice which of these terms you want to use, but your doctor or care team might use either.

People have different views on BPD/EUPD, and it can be a controversial diagnosis. But however you understand your experiences, and whatever terms you prefer to use (if any), the important thing to remember is that the feelings and behaviours associated with BPD/EUPD are very difficult to live with, and deserve understanding and support.

We hope you will find the information in these pages useful when considering different options for care and support. Please do tell us your thoughts via the 'was this page useful?' button.

What is BPD?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is a type of personality disorder. You might be diagnosed with a personality disorder if you have difficulties with how you think and feel about yourself and other people, and are having problems in your life as a result.

Everything in the world hurts more than it seems to for everyone else and any 'thick skin' [I am] supposed to have just isn't there.

When is it diagnosed?
You might be given a diagnosis of BPD if you experience at least five of the following things, and they've lasted for a long time or have a big impact on your daily life:

• You feel very worried about people abandoning you, and would do anything to stop that happening.
  • You have very intense emotions that last from a few hours to a few days and can change quickly (for example, from feeling very happy and confident to suddenly feeling low and sad).
  • You don't have a strong sense of who you are, and it can change significantly depending on who you're with.
  • You find it very hard to make and keep stable relationships.
  • You feel empty a lot of the time.
  • You act impulsively and do things that could harm you (such as binge eating, using drugs or driving dangerously).
  • You often self-harm or have suicidal feelings.
  • You have very intense feelings of anger, which are really difficult to control.
  • When very stressed, you may also experience paranoia or dissociation.
The worst part of my BPD is the insecure relationships…when I am attached to someone, they are my whole world and it is crippling. I care so deeply about how long they take to reply to an email, or their tone of voice, because I’m so afraid of losing them.

why personality disorder is a controversial diagnosis has more information.

Even though I haven’t been offered much support, just having a diagnosis helps me feel my suffering is validated.

[paste:font size="4"]What’s it like to have BPD?

Watch Lechelle and Debbie talk about having BPD, and how a combination of medication and dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT) has helped them develop the skills to manage it:

I don’t necessarily tell people I have BPD because I don’t like labelling myself, I just say I have depression and anxiety because it’s easier. But I know I have BPD. I feel things so intensely sometimes it means I lose control of all my senses. It’s one of the worst feelings, but I have learnt how to cope wit and

s top

quit being so f***in ignorant about mental health.

Back
Top Bottom