Morrissey back in Japan!

Kumo

Banned
I was reading that Morrissey will be performing at the Fuji Rock Festival '07
At the end of July...(27th-29th)

http://www.fujirockfestival.com/

Sweet! See you there! Be warned it will be VERY Humid!

Other bands include; The Cure, Jesus and Mary Chain, Chem. Bros, Iggy Pop, Muse.

Kumo

There's no mention of Morrissey.
He once pulled out it in last minute in 2004, not many people will bother TBH.

There's no mention of Morrissey.
He once pulled out it in last minute in 2004, not many people will bother TBH.

As I remember, 2004 was the SECOND time he "pulled out". From his end, he claimed he never agreed to do this festival.

I was so glad when he "cancelled" or never agreed to do Fuji Rock in 2004 because it's a terrible time to hold a festival, and they banned umbrellas during #%(*&# typhoon season. WTF?!

Moz headlining the indoor portion of Summer Sonic 2002 was a better festival experience -- nice, indoor fest with wonderful air conditioning!!!

Exactly!
Many misled loyal fans in Japan ended up in tears, lost fortunes(ticket price is ridiculous).
I didn't plan to go, but really upset to hear about the cancellation. :(

Last edited:
He was "added" to the lineup in 2004 too. They add people to get publicity.

Moz canceled a TON of shows around that time. Using your logic, he won't do the show at the Palms, remember his Vegas show with El Vez that got canceled?

Whatever, I am going! Any excuse to go to Japan is good for me. I haven't been back since Dec 06, July/Aug will be just about time to head back.

Kumo

"a ton of shows"?

Two or three as I recall, due to ill health, one of which he later made up.

I am only pointing this out so that naive fans don't fall into the same trap. I distinctly remember the organisers admitting at the time that they had never received confirmation from Morrissey that he was attending. I'm pretty sure that if you did an archive search it would bear me out.

I was one of those disappointed people... I saw him at Summer Sonic back in 2002 and then bought (very expensive) tickets and transportation before the last minute "cancellation" in 2004.

I translated an article about the bad news, seen here, which was picked up by Ananova et al.

I'm cautiously ecstatic about the news, and will hold my hands together in prayer!

Mel Torment -- is that you from the old MorrisseyTour.com site? I didn't make the connection!

Last edited:
I am only pointing this out so that naive fans don't fall into the same trap. I distinctly remember the organisers admitting at the time that they had never received confirmation from Morrissey that he was attending. I'm pretty sure that if you did an archive search it would bear me out.

But you could also be preventing people from experiencing something wonderful, you just don't know do you? You are basing all this on a time when he was messing up a lot. If I am able to meet him when he is back in LA this June I will ask him if he plans to be there not. BTW organizers has a Z in it.

Morrissey or no Morrissey Dainihonteikoku is the greatest place on Earth!

Kumo

Stop using the word Dainihonteiloku, it sounds like a shitty fascist country. :mad:

Hardly! Japan has the 2nd largest Economy on earth! and has been blessed enough to be led by the LDP for most of the last 1/2 century. The GDP of Tokyo alone exceeds every state in the USA. I feel the same way Moz does about the Union Jack, you should be able to call Japan by its proper, true and beautiful name, Dainihonteiloku without being labeled fascist or racist. Japan should be proud of her accomplishments and stand tall in the world!

Kumo
Italian Blood, Uyoku Heart!
kikunogomon.jpg

Last edited:
You silly misinformed sad rightwinger, you have no right to call my country using a deluded name. :mad:

Call your own country Italy whatever you like.

You silly misinformed sad rightwinger, you have no right to call my country using a deluded name. :mad:

Call your own country Italy whatever you like.

I am sorry you are offended, I really am, and I hope you believe me. I know many Ryukyuans like yourself, have many troubled feelings about Japan. In the end the Ryukyuans chose to be a part of Japan in 1972. Maybe it's time to put those feelings aside and try to take a more united position. I don't know... <sigh> that issue is not really my place to say. It just seems enough time has passed.

However, I, like millions upon millions of Yamato prefer Dainihonteiloku! I am sorry you cannot appreciate its' divine loving beauty, that fills my heart with warmth every day, you really are missing out. Like Moz says "Your prejudice won't keep you warm tonight"

If you ever return home I hope your heart will soften.

yasukuni.jpg

Yasukuni Forever!

Kumo
Italian Blood / Shinto Heart!

What makes me really annoyed is your pedantry!
Although the government is run by LDP, you can't say majority of us support the party.
The electoral system sadly unable to reflect the voters opinion correctly.

I rarely get into debates about politics (and never have in 10 years on Moz solo), but as someone who's lived in Japan for 7 years, aligning yourself with the uyoku is wrongheaded and sounds ridiculous coming from a foreigner. They wouldn't give you the time of day, man.

There are many, many ways to express your love of Japan without throwing around jingoistic terminology.

Otherwise, by all means carry on with your love of the country and of course Moz.

What makes me really annoyed is your pedantry!
Although the government is run by LDP, you can't say majority of us support the party.
The electoral system sadly unable to reflect the voters opinion correctly.

Are you kidding me? Ishihara and Koizumi are freaking rock stars in Japan, the LDP is the life blood of Japan, it's the Jedi-like force that spreads peace, justice and prosperity throughout the nation. I hope one day they can successfully restore state Shintoism and the world will know no other name than Dainihonteiloku. The only other Nihonjin I know that feels like you was also another Ryukyuan. I am going to Hokkaido in Sept. I am sure I will find a few Ainu that feel the same. I am really excited about trying Ainu food. But alas I am off on a tangent again. Kewpie, I wish you all the love and joy this world can give you. I have found something that gives me great joy and peace in my heart. Don't hate me for it. I am not asking you or anyone else to agree with me, millions do and millions don't. It works for me and my loved ones if doesn't work for you so be it. Let's leave it at that and be friends. Life is too short for hate. At the very least you should respect me for having a much deeper interest than the typical gaijin otaku, who entire understanding of Japan comes from the most banal and insipid of sources.

Dec06.jpg

you gotta smile sometimes... (Shirokane, Dec 06)

Kumo
Italian Blood / Yamato Heart

I rarely get into debates about politics (and never have in 10 years on Moz solo), but as someone who's lived in Japan for 7 years, aligning yourself with the uyoku is wrongheaded and sounds ridiculous coming from a foreigner. They wouldn't give you the time of day, man.

There are many, many ways to express your love of Japan without throwing around jingoistic terminology.

Otherwise, by all means carry on with your love of the country and of course Moz.

Bokuwa chotto Uyoku... The Uyoku are so highly fragmented and conflicted in their ideals. It's hard to lump together what they really stand for. Many Uyoku long for a return of the Tokugawa days, which I would never support, yuk! I do have a lot of fun chatting with them, most are very friendly to Italians they do give me the time of day. However, they are mostly an uneducated bunch with too much time on their hands. I don't honestly support them, we just happen to have a few values in common. However, having a Kiku no Gomon on your car is a really fun way to make new friends. I am a firm supporter of the LDP, Free-trade, Meiji is my patron saint and its time for the return of State Shinto and another imperial restoration...

Where did you live in Japan? Nihongo Wakarimasuka?

mybuds.jpg

Kumo's dream car

Kumo
Italian Blood / Gigi Heart!

As you pointed out many of rightwingers are yobs and outcasts, they rely on some pompus and arrogant political ideas in order to make them worthy and respectable which I absolutly despise.

If you're sensible enough you won't mix with those morons anywhere in the world.

KL, you don't have to waste your time for someone like Kumo.

Back
Top Bottom