Morrissey collapsed on stage - Swindon

Re: OMG!! Morrissey collapsed on stage - Swindon

Yeah, and to quote

Band members rushed to his aid before he was carried off stage unconscious off stage.

He was treated by paramedics for breathing problems before being whisked to the nearby Great Western Hospital where his condition was last night described as "stabel"

Retards.

I suspect the 'morphine' comment at Birmingham was Morrissey's usual wry humour. I don't think anyone could do a gig under the inluence of morphine.
Hopefully the fella is just suffering from a virus and didn't want to let his fans down.

Just wanted to say I am appalled at what I've heard about people booing at the gig. The man collapsed for God's sake. What is wrong with people. I wish Morrissey all the best and hope it is nothing to serious.

To be fair, not many booed. And me and one other member (i think a member, anyway) did argue the point that it really wasn't right.

I googled "morphine" and "breathing difficulties" :rolleyes: and morphine does cause them as a side effect... I doubt he's really taking morphine, isn't it a very strong drug? :confused:
But I agree, maybe he's taking some medication that caused this collapse...

Morphine is a powerful narcotic, Class A or Class I (the most highly regulated class of controlled substances), an opioid painkiller. I administer it intravenously to patients nearly every day I work. It is a central nervous depressant, and one of the things the central nervous system controls is breathing, so we have to monitor patients' respirations and withhold the morphine if the breathing is too slow/shallow or the patient's level of consciousness is too low.

The context and the breathing problems Morrissey reportedly seemed to have onstage in Swindon do not seem logical with the kind of respiratory depression caused by the adverse effects of a morphine overdose. He was awake, vertical, talking/singing, etc. No one reported him sleepy or slurring his words. In the youtube viddy of TCM, he seemed to move as he has been doing throughout this year.

Morrissey would probably not be taking morphine IV, since it's a controlled substance and he's hardly the Pete Dougherty type. It's conceivable he's receiving it under physician care or has been prescribed it in oral form (commonly pills, which is longer lasting but not as immediate or powerful as MS IV). Or just as likely, he's just talking bollocks about morphine.

Oh my god...I kept reading "get well soon" Morrissey messages on other websites, and I kept wondering if he had cancelled a show or something but then I came on here and heard he collapsed! This is so scary and completely shocking..I hope he's okay! And I agree, it's best for him to cancel this entire tour.

Get well soon Morrissey!

To be fair, not many booed. And me and one other member (i think a member, anyway) did argue the point that it really wasn't right.

Well that's good. Probably should remember not to believe everything I read.

poor old Moz. it's now on the front page of BBC News whixh shows he serious it is. I was there tonight. he seemed fine singing TCM. was v surprised to hear that he'd collapsed. there were no obvious signs during the song...

Yeah, boos were audible but all from the back, no one at the front did. People did get majorly pissed at the "keep tickets for refunds" comment though, I'm still not sure how we're actually meant to do that.

If you scroll down here - http://www.drugs.com/morphine.html - you'll see that breathing difficulties can be one of the main side-effects of morphine. But what's the morphine for, though? One thing at a time, priority obviously being that he's getting the right treatment and making progress by morning-time.

no way was it morphine-there would have been other obvious side effects
before it affected his breathing to that extent.

Get well moz, please rest now and come back in a year stronger than ever

I'm quite sure the morphine remark was tongue in cheek.

Sad news.....hope its nothing serious.

Lets be positive, a virus can cause this sort of reaction, rather than anything more sinister!

He os ashamed to have NPLR following him around .

I always knew how much Moz means to me, but this incident and my reaction to it made me realise how extremely important he actually is to me. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

i share your view, i was out drinking with friends when i recieved the a text message, i was straight on solo on my phone and soon home, it knocked me for six no matter how sad that may sound. Morrissey is my hero, the one i look up to, the one i listen to and live my life to

viva moz and get well soon

chris

I was just about to go to bed, when I checked Moz' Last.fm page and found some strange shouts there and since then I'm in shock. This is just horrible! I hope he'll be ok soon. I can't imagine anything else and I don't want it either.

Get well soon, love! <3

i saw a headline in a tabloid paper, last week: it said stephen gately had Sudden Death Syndrome. morrissey might have caught that!

right apologies for this but.......

YOU ABSOLUTE f***ING PRICK!!!! YOU ARE SCUM!!! YOU THINK TAKING THE PISS OUT OF SOMEONE WHO HAS RECENTLY PASSED AWAY AND SOMEBODY WHO IS "SUPPOSEDLY" SOMEONE YOU LIKE??? YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE, AND I SWEAR TO GOD IF IT WAS ONE OF YOUR FAMILY OR FRIENDS YOU WOULDNT BE LIKE THIS AND WOULD GO MAD IF SOMEBODY REACTED LIKE YOU HAVE TOWARDS THEM. NOW KEWPIE AND THE OTHER ADMINASTRATORS DO SOMETHING USEFULL AND BAN THIS KNOBHEAD FOR HIS UNKINDLY WORDS IN THIS DISTRESSING TIME FOR ALL REAL MORRISSEY FANS

right apologies for this but.......

YOU ABSOLUTE f***ING PRICK!!!! YOU ARE SCUM!!! YOU THINK TAKING THE PISS OUT OF SOMEONE WHO HAS RECENTLY PASSED AWAY AND SOMEBODY WHO IS "SUPPOSEDLY" SOMEONE YOU LIKE??? YOU NEED TO GET A LIFE, AND I SWEAR TO GOD IF IT WAS ONE OF YOUR FAMILY OR FRIENDS YOU WOULDNT BE LIKE THIS AND WOULD GO MAD IF SOMEBODY REACTED LIKE YOU HAVE TOWARDS THEM. NOW KEWPIE AND THE OTHER ADMINASTRATORS DO SOMETHING USEFULL AND BAN THIS KNOBHEAD FOR HIS UNKINDLY WORDS IN THIS DISTRESSING TIME FOR ALL REAL MORRISSEY FANS

no need to apologise, well said.

Tags
get well <3 h1n1 healing vibes hysteria lainey=boring plz be ok<3 we love you moz
Back
Top Bottom