Morrissey in LA?

Sorry but I hate HATE how Americans pronounce "Morrissey" like MORE -IS- EEEE. It just grates on me, over in the Uk, it's Marr-is-ee or Mor-is-ee (short anounciation of the Morr bit). ARgh!!!! shut up! *Awaits torrent of abuse.

Sorry but I hate HATE how Americans pronounce "Morrissey" like MORE -IS- EEEE. It just grates on me, over in the Uk, it's Marr-is-ee or Mor-is-ee (short anounciation of the Morr bit). ARgh!!!! shut up! *Awaits torrent of abuse.

That's just how it's said here. :p

And what d'you think about how French pronunce Morrissey?
It sounds like prejudice.

And what d'you think about how French pronunce Morrissey?
It sounds like prejudice.

OOooookayyy. How the journo pronounced the word 'Morrissey' (one word, yes) in the piece irritated me I don't know if that's how all Americans pronounce the word, but I don't like that particular pronunciation. The way Canadians pronounce it would probably piss me off too. Sorry, just being honest don't get your panties in a bunch.

Marr-is-ee,Mor- is-ee? where the hell do you come from,Cornwall ?Are you one of the Worzels? Its Morriss-eh up here

Marr-is-ee,Mor- is-ee? where the hell do you come from,Cornwall ?Are you one of the Worzels? Its Morriss-eh up here

Okay you've caught me I don't know how the international phonetic alphabet works. I wish I was from Cornwall such a beautiful coastline. I especially hate how the Chinese pronounce it, there that's evened things out. [/my off topic trolling]

Back
Top Bottom