Morrissey on BBC 6 Music Live 2017 (Oct. 2, 2017, Maida Vale, London) - reminder / reports

Setlist:

You Have Killed Me / I Wish You Lonely / Spent The Day In Bed / Speedway / Istanbul / Ganglord / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / The Bullfighter Dies / When You Open Your Legs / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / My Love, I'd Do Anything for You (not played) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris (not played)

Setlist provided by @NeilW70 / Twitter.

• BBC 6 Music Live video highlights (10 songs, UK only) - BBC iPlayer. Link posted by Jim_Royle.
  • Photos posted at BBC Radio 6 Music / Facebook (4 total)

40878_maida_vale_bbc6music.jpg

• From @NeilW70 / Twitter. Link posted by BrummieBoy.

Full #morrissey setlist at #maidavale. Looks like three more songs after went off air. Photo credit to @Dr_Paul_Thomas

40877_maida_vale_setlist.jpg
  • Link posted by an anonymous person:

Just a reminder poached from the BBC site for people wanting to watch/hear the show:

How to catch Moz tomorrow:

1) On the BBC website

Visit the BBC Radio 6 Music homepage at bbc.co.uk/6music to keep up-to-date with all the latest highlights from this year's 6 Music Live.

You'll be able to watch the live performances, plus an interview with Lauren, by visiting us from 11:30am each day.

Then, from 7pm each evening, you'll be able to watch each set on-demand, available for the following 30 days.

There'll also be a selection of video highlights and photos from all the acts available via the website.

2) On the BBC Red Button
Press Red from any BBC TV channel from midday each day to watch Morrissey, Mogwai, alt-J, Loyle Carner and Morrissey's sets live.

The performances will then be looped on Red Button, before a highlights programme goes live at 7pm.

There'll also be a special programme featuring the best bits from all the acts, available via the Red Button from Saturday 7 to Friday 13 October.

FULL RED BUTTON SCHEDULE (subject to change)

Monday 2 October: 12:00 - 16:15 / 19:00 - ongoing
Tuesday 3 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - 22:00 / 22:50 - ongoing
Wednesday 4 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - 15:45 / 19:00 - ongoing
Thursday 5 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - ongoing
Friday 6 October: ongoing - 12:00 / 12:00 - ongoing
Saturday 7 October: ongoing - 17:50 / 22:00 - ongoing
Sunday 8 October: ongoing - 12:20 / 16:30 - 17:50 / 23:40 - ongoing
Monday 9 October: ongoing - 09:00 / 21:05 - ongoing
Tuesday 10 October: ongoing - 09:00 / 17:00 - 22:00 / 22:50 - ongoing
Wednesday 11 October: ongoing - 18:00 / 23:00 - ongoing
Thursday 12 October: ongoing - ongoing
Friday 13 October: ongoing - 22:00

3) On the Radio
Lauren Laverne will be taking her 6 Music show to Maida Vale, 10:00-13:00, each morning, featuring special editions of Memory Tapes, interviews with all the artists, and more build-up, before the live performance from 12:00.
Listen live, or on-demand for 30 days after broadcast, by following the links below:
4) On Facebook

Keep an eye on our 6 Music Facebook page every day from 10:30am to see Lauren in conversation with some of our acts and guests. They'll also pick the tracks to go on their Memory Tapes.

5) On Instagram

We'll be backstage on Instagram Stories, showcasing all the best photos from each performance.

6) On Twitter

Follow the conversation and share reactions on Twitter, and see some of the best moments from each session

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dancing with Pernilla here and singing "Pernilla's only happy when she's up on the stage but she hates getting upstaged by me" la la la la la la da da da da da

Hope it sounds better on jools hollland. Die hard fan tbh but wasn’t overly impressed. Not sure if it was the setup in there? But I doubt it, the foreign singing on world peace was decent and clear from the band member( forget who it was) He seemed to be struggling and a bit croaky

Have you ever read the Qur'an? It encourages it's followers to kill non believers. Islam is not a race it's an ideology. It's misogynist and homophobic. Only a cuck liberal would ever defend it. The most oppressive belief system in existence.
I have read the Koran, it does not encourage killing of anyone. The word Islam means peace. You are a twat.

Have you ever read the Qur'an? It encourages it's followers to kill non believers. Islam is not a race it's an ideology. It's misogynist and homophobic. Only a cuck liberal would ever defend it. The most oppressive belief system in existence.
Hey rube... Top-points for historical denial and general literary ignorance!

Have you ever read the f***ing Old Testament?

The worst part for me has always been no matter who did what that the victims are so quickly forgotten and made invisible. They are there one day getting on with it and the next they are gone forever.

We've all got used to people getting killed because of a minority of extremists. What pleased me about the Gothenburg demo this past weekend was that ordinary people stood in the middle of the two extremist sides and did not appreciate having their hometown destroyed.

We've all been hijacked and placed in the middle of something we don't want to be part of.

You make a very valid and important point.

After the Manchester Ariana Grande attack it was mentioned in passing the Tunisia beach attack in which thirty mostly British tourists died. I’d forgotten all about it and I follow the news closely.

These things are quickly shoved down the media's memory hole and only mentioned in passing subsequently. Some months after the Tunisia attack the BBC returned to report on the effect the killings had had in devastating the local tourist industry. The Tunisian Minuster Of Tourism even had the gall to criticise westerners for going elsewhere. Get to f***.

Politicians and others then wonder why people think they are having the piss taken out of them.

Remember that lovely US couple who came to London for their 25th wedding anniversary and the husband was killed on Westminster Bridge?

Getting on for four hundred people have been killed in terror attacks in Europe since the Hebdo attack in 2015. That’s not a pity, or unfortunate, or part and parcel of life in the city, as the Major of London would like you to think. That’s war.

If the IRA or ETA or the Red Brigade or Bader-Meinhof had done it there would be ructions.

How did we get onto this? Oh, yes Morrissey and UKIP. See! On topic!

Why does his band always insist on kinda ‘overplaying’ the songs? It just doesn’t seem ‘simple’ enough to me any more

I suppose that can only be down to Boz and the band.

There’s a YouTube clip of Johnny Marr performing How Soon Is Now? on one of the US late night talk shows. It absolutely shimmers.

When Morrissey’s band plays it you suspect they would really prefer to take it out in the car park and kick it to death.

Edit:

Last edited:
It was a good show, but the song I liked the most was one they didn't film, All the Young people... was different but I liked it.

The video's up online now - www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b097mmbs/6-music-live-2017-6-morrissey

10 songs: You Have Killed Me / Spent The Day In Bed / Speedway / Istanbul / Jacky's Only Happy... / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace... / Jack The Ripper / When You Open Your Legs / All The Young People...

So no I Wish You Lonely, Ganglord, Bullfighter, Home Is A Question Mark , (or My Love I'd... and Paris, if they were actually even played), and no chat in between.

Sheesh - it's quite amusing that Morrissey is now more right-wing than Nigel Farage. I do wish he's stop flirting with these anti-Islam statements and just nail his political colours to the mast though.

Is it just me, or is this really not very good? I'm getting flashbacks to 'The Kid's a Looker'. :(

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom