Morrissey on Minogue

I don't think I've ever seen someone read so much into so comparitively little.
Kylie is out to make money and sell records, like most other people in the music business. What has her 'spirit' to do with it? Do you think she would do it all for free?
If everyone were paid the same amount for whatever they chose to do, yes I do. I think she would.

I don't think I've ever seen someone read so much into so comparitively little.
Kylie is out to make money and sell records, like most other people in the music business. What has her 'spirit' to do with it? Do you think she would do it all for free?
If she were already rich, yes I do think she'd do it for free, if she could. Yes.

now I'm off to bed...maybe I'll dream of Kylie and Morrissey passing the peace pipe between them

Is this what she wore to accept her award in?

Yes, from MSN's 'Celebrities Undressed' this week. I should've included this text w/the pic.

A Star Is Worn: When receiving an award from Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace, it's important to dress in a manner befitting the dignity of the occasion. For button-cute pop princess Kylie Minogue, that means accepting her prize kitted out in full celebrity regalia -- a formal... more satin robe bearing the unmistakable insignia of her star status. We're even willing to overlook the fact that her demure, heavenly body-shrouding frock might be more appropriate on the leader of a cult who believes the Big Dipper is sending out secret doomsday signals. Why? Because Kylie's strappy gold sandals are so fabulous that even if she were sporting nothing but a stick-on, glow-in-the-dark constellation over her lady parts, we'd still be staring covetously at her tootsies.

If she were already rich, yes I do think she'd do it for free, if she could. Yes.

She is already incredibly rich, and I don't see any future free concerts being lined up.

Eh, is Morrissey lining up any free concerts?? Do you think he would have done it all for free? Pathetic!!

Morrissey would never do anything for free, he likes money far too much. But I'm not the one claiming that Morrissey's 'spirit' is what drives him to perform, and making him out as some sort of saint. :rolleyes:

Still, it was a free concert. Would he do it today? Not likely. But it still counts.

That only makes Minogue look worse, because if even Morrissey can give a concert for free...

However, I don't doubt that Kylie would perform at several charity concerts for free - but it is not the same thing. Which was my point in the first place :rolleyes:

mmmmm

I'm sorry but your reply had nothing to do with the subject. Just because Amy wasn't born then doesn't mean she couldn't know about the gig.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that.

I don't know how old you are, but eventually you'll experience that your memory is getting worse.

I'm sure Amy knew about Wolverhampton gig, but when she's replying to this thread didn't remember about that it was a free gig.
Morrissey didn't want touts to cash in the special event that's why it was free and for his fans only.

Something’s been bothering me. When I first heard Morrissey make the comment live about Kylie Minogue, I thought he was genuinely acknowledging her contribution to music. Perhaps I’m naive to his humor, but it completely flew over my head that he was being sarcastic.

Are you serious? Bloody hell. I think it was blatently obvious to everyone but you that he was being sarcastic. I don't think he's jealous of the fact that she got "recognised" for her "contribution" to "music", but he is obviously bitter about the fact that she is more famous than him and had more success than him in spite of the fact that the majority of her music is absolute shite (although I did quite like 'Confide In Me'..).

Plus, he's jealous of the fact that she's more of a gay icon than he'll ever be.

Still, he wouldn't be human if he didn't get bitter and jealous about some things. And it was/is quite funny when all his internalised bitterness comes out on stage and in interviews.

Tags
austratastic!
Back
Top Bottom