Morrissey's most cringeworthy moment ever?

sid james said:
I'll go for when he was a guest on Mike Reid's cheesy 'Pop Quiz' TV show in 1984 alongside Alvin Stardust and the guy from Kajagoogoo. Truly squirm inducing stuff with Morrissey totally in the wrong place on mainstream telly. Ditto his one and only acting appearance in South in 1988 - ghastly.

LOL. I totally agree. Nothing is worse then his appearance on Pop Quiz.

Don't most of you have better things to do, than to trash Moz?? C'mon!

All the losers who are critisizing Moz for his political views...... you guys need to get a life!! If you're so mad, than leave....... go post at a fascist right-wing site, there are plenty of them....... there are also plenty of crappy right-wing musicians that you can go listen to and leave this guy alone.

DAnn Coulter said:

All the losers who are critisizing Moz for his political views...... you guys need to get a life!! If you're so mad, than leave....... go post at a fascist right-wing site, there are plenty of them....... there are also plenty of crappy right-wing musicians that you can go listen to and leave this guy alone.

Come on! Just because you really like somebody doesn't mean you have to lose your sense of humor... or your objectivity. I really like Ang Lee's movies - does that mean I have to put "Hulk" on my list of best films ever made? Don't think so. And Mozza's political views are controversial - what's the big deal if people say so?

Apologizing to Elton John?

or singing IBEH live on TV, that song proved problematic vocally.

DAnn Coulter said:

I never have nor never will argue with someone over something as petty as the internet, but you, sir, are an idiot. Sorry, but I just had to say it. Morrissey's views are incredibly unreliable when it comes to politics. His right-wing hatred in the 80s, epitomised by that rancid, terrible track Margaret On The Guillotine, contrast with his current hatred of the centre politicians like Blair - no wait, sorry, B-LIAR.

God forbid a liberal government, we all know Morrissey would immediately declare it treason in the NME.

Staying with the topic, my favourite cringe worthy moment has to be the Rossy and Jools Holland combo from 2004 where he talks about bloody Bush and Blair. It was horrid.

Are you kidding me???? November Spawned a Monster is a great video! The choccolate bar and the swinging holding onto those branches???? I just can't believe I tried to convince myself for all of these years that he wasn't gay :D :D :D

Last edited:
Ben Budd said:
I never have nor never will argue with someone over something as petty as the internet, but you, sir, are an idiot. Sorry, but I just had to say it. Morrissey's views are incredibly unreliable when it comes to politics. His right-wing hatred in the 80s, epitomised by that rancid, terrible track Margaret On The Guillotine, contrast with his current hatred of the centre politicians like Blair - no wait, sorry, B-LIAR.

God forbid a liberal government, we all know Morrissey would immediately declare it treason in the NME.

I'll ignore the vicious personal attack...... but the rest of your statement I just have to say...... You just don't get it!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DAnn Coulter said:
I'll ignore the vicious personal attack...... but the rest of your statement I just have to say...... You just don't get it!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

So the whole Ann Coulter thing is sarcastic right? Anyone who likes Ann Coulter is most likely not going to like Morrissey.

i'll say his appearances on craig kilborn

It wasn't the appearances themselves that bugged me but the fact that craig obviousley didn't know what the hell he was talking about. craig spent every chance he got making snide little cheapshots on mozza and his fanbase. I think the last straw was the night they dedicated an entire segment to mocking the fanbase. I just found the whole ordeal very akward.

rank-dsgn said:
Are you kidding me???? November Spawned a Monster is a great video! The choccolate bar and the swinging holding onto those branches???? I just can't believe I tried to convince myself for all of these years that he wasn't gay :D :D :D

Hah thats the best video by far, listening to the song always reminds me of morrissey writhing around in the desert!

Back
Top Bottom