Morrissey's performance On Jools Holland Last Night

That version of Playboys was singularly the worst performance Morrissey has ever done on the TV. And there have been some others. Roys Keen springs to mind but oh my truly awful. Glad it sounded better at the 2 concerts I went to.

When you compare him to Radiohead who were on Later the previous week. Well lets face facts Morrissey was just not even in their league.

Still love Something Is Squeezing My Skull though

The lumpen tempo on Playboys here and on the single is perplexing. I don't remember it being that slow on tour this summer. Joyce's original semi-shuffle was propulsive and Walker's take just drags the song down. I do like the "Fox News" lyric change though.

And, ye gods, was that REALLY a keytar? :doh: The 80s-era Morrissey would turn his back and gag...

Cheers,
Jamie

I must agree with you on all accounts Jaime..ESPECIALLY the Keytar :eek:

Am i the only one who is slightly concerned he didnt or perhaps couldnt sing the word "International" in Playboyz?

Maybe he cant hit the higher notes at the moment?:(

Am i the only one who is slightly concerned he didnt or perhaps couldnt sing the word "International" in Playboyz?

Maybe he cant hit the higher notes at the moment?:(

Haha :D The first time it happened I thought perhaps he hadn't held the microphone up to his face in time, but after it continued I assumed it was sore-throat related.

What the hell does it matter if one of his band uses a keytar? Is it on the list of banned instruments or something?

Some of you seem more interested in whether Morrissey looks "cool" rather than what he plays and sings. Why are you so obsessed by his looks and what trousers he wears. He looks old? Well who would have thunk it. :rolleyes:

If you want "cool" I'd suggest you follow one of the many young NME bands around today. They will play the right instruments, have the right haircuts and wear the right skinny jeans.

Back
Top Bottom