Morrissey/Jools Holland

Just watched it myself, for anyone that would like to see it, you can view it by going on www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer, and searching for it. The quality is fairly decent :)

His performance is quite good, yet with it being in a studio he lacks his audience-driven energy and stage presence. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

Oh yeah, and also, on bbc iplayer there is a good documentary about Factory Records/Joy Division and the Happy Mondays, it's a good watch, for anyone that may be interested!

Just watched it myself, for anyone that would like to see it, you can view it by going on www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer, and searching for it. The quality is fairly decent :)

His performance is quite good, yet with it being in a studio he lacks his audience-driven energy and stage presence. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

but only for the UK population:tears:;)

but only for the UK population:tears:;)

Hmm, am i missing something...can non UK residents not access bbc iplayer?
The main reason I put up the link was so that people who don't have access to BBC channels could see the show.

The main reason I put up the link was so that people who don't have access to BBC channels could see the show.

but good try..good try..:cool:..nevertheless I#m sure we will get the chance soon:D..it's only a matter of time:rolleyes:

That was so good!

I only had about two hours sleep last night and I didn't think I could stay awake long enough to watch it but I'm really glad I did!!

I sky recorded it too and ended up playing all the Morrissey performances back again...twice!

I love the new songs and...

Didn't Morrissey really look to be enjoying international playboys!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by miryam_moz85
but good try..good try....nevertheless I#m sure we will get the chance soon..it's only a matter of time

Okay. Now I am confused.

I 'think' this is why:
UK residents can use BBC IPlayer, non-UK residents are directed to a different version of the BBC website. (This is because the BBCs ISP can detect which country people are connecting from - clever buggers!)

I believe the non-UK viewers will soon see (or already do) see ads, whereas the UK version is ad free.

I thought he was very good tonight. Voice good and better for some recent rest. Bizarre James Dean tie, and slightly misguided trousers though.

Skull was really good, but the first minute or so I can't say I was enchanted by it. It improved markedly as it chugged along towards a rousing denouement. THPGU excellent. Not sure why some here dislike it so. AYNIM went down well in the studio, as did Playboys. All in all great performances and some of the old spark back, and the Smithers performed well too. Exxxx-cellent.

Just when I thought I was losing interest in the old sod he pulls another bit of magic from the bag.

Just watched it on bbci, skipped most the other acts apart from a couple. I liked the spanish lady, one of the country folk bloke songs and the lady with the hat. (too tired to try and remember their names) There was also this other bloke called Morrissey. He was pretty good :D was a great watch

Yes, all four songs aired.

That's How People Grow Up' then a fairly blistering 'Squeezing My Skull' (The pre-ceding act IDA MARIA (lady in hat!) upped the stakes when she finished her song in a very Morrisseyesque fashion, sprawled prostrate over the monitors, so they had to pull something out of the bag)

The show was coming to an end, they played All You Need Is Me (we got a couple of unfortunate shots of Boz hey lay off the pies mate). Hmmm, I was thinking - only 3 tunes - oh well. Then Jools appeared in front of the camera exclaiming 'We have time for one more' and they finished with 'Playboys' - luvverly.

jools`s 2nite

what about that 2nite total quality performance on jool`s he said last week at the playhouse we are all friends but i dont think that included marr? i think the last of the international playboys was a bit of a poke back at marr what do other mozzer fans think after marr done his bit with the cribs.i am a fat child in a council house

Nope, it's because only UK residents pay the license fee. I think there is a way around it, by using a ghost UK server or something, but it's far too complex for me.

very good performance and excellent choice of songs, moz looked like he wanted to cut loose and really get stuck in, but then remembered where he was!!?

Back
Top Bottom