Moz in the top 10 British Icons

Who do you think is going to win?

The Beatles started this thing.

I'll explain at length if necessary just what I mean.:D

Morrissey hasn't got a chance with a public poll.

I can see David Attenborough winning. Everyone likes him.

Top 10 will be announced tonight 7.10 pm on BBC 2.
Macca will be interviewed.
Wonder if he knows who Moz even is...

Top 10 will be announced tonight 7.10 pm on BBC 2.
Macca will be interviewed.
Wonder if he knows who Moz even is...

Sir Paul definitely Knows Morrissey.
He's also a vegetarian and Morrissey and Linda exchanged some letters in the past.;)

Morrissey hasn't got a chance with a public poll.

I can see David Attenborough winning. Everyone likes him.

kind of agree... westwood & caine will do well.

dazzak i feel sorry for your cat!

i think morrissey wanted Linda to do some photos once or did some!!! can't remember.

kind of agree... westwood & caine will do well.

dazzak i feel sorry for your cat!

i think morrissey wanted Linda to do some photos once or did some!!! can't remember.
Johnny Marr said they wanted her to play piano on The Queen Is Dead.

MOz, of course.. Though I've heard all the names, I don't know who half of them are..
I know who they are, even though I'm not British... except David Attenborough... who's that? :confused: I know about Richard Attenborough, never heard of David.

I can't believe that Kate Moss in supposed to be one of the 'top 10 icons'. But it could be worse, they could have included dead people and nominated Princess Diana. :rolleyes:

Morrissey, Bowie and Michael Caine are definitely the biggest icons on that list. But there's no way Morrissey will win, it will be someone more mainstream and universally acceptable.

Some of those on the list are definitely more famous than Moz and some more respected, but most of them are not icons! Even McCartney -- member of the most iconic band ever and arguably one of the most famous people in history, is not an icon himself in my estimation. Some of the others have created iconic characters or work, but from debut to the present day, only Morrissey and Bowie really qualify, and the latter has lost a lot of his mystique.

Kate Moss also has a good chance as the face of a generation (not much else, mind!)

Back
Top Bottom