Moz is a Question mark

Yeah Its passive aggressive revenge , but its all in context its a bit like people starting rumours about people, could be mild or really heavy
I've experienced much worse punishments than art about me. I prefer the art.

I'd rather an insulting song about me than a physical assault, for instance.
I suppose it depends how degrading and public it is because it is very difficult to change peoples perceptions once you've been dipicted in a certain way. Could lead to social excile and distrust, for example. I guess if its not seen or heard widely then its not bad but still hurtful. But if it was only between two people, it would definately be tamer than assult.

When art is used as revenge that is really low in my opinion

not if art is your only weapon. And with artists like M, the art is one’s very being.
A kind of refusal of society’s norms, that I believe most of us have always loved him for.

not if art is your only weapon. And with artists like M, the art is one’s very being.
A kind of refusal of society’s norms, that I believe most of us have always loved him for.
Moz hasn't ever named anybody in particular in his songs and he says revenge like its some kind of tease, like the irony in 'beethoven is deaf' which is slightly stand offish. I don't think hes used his art as real revenge, its more like armour because he says nobody can interfere with him when hes on stage.

If it was personal, someone painted a portrait of another in a bad light, or stained their name in a song, art outlives people and it taints peoples perceptions. So no, I think its a really nasty form of revenge. Especially if its high profile or seen by others.

Yeah, that’s definitely not what I meant when I speak of art as revenge, What you’re talking about is called … bad art.

I'm actually typing as an eye witness, I admit is was very bad taste only motivated by revenge. I can't see that in any of Moz's music, even when he loses it at the end of YATQ.

Yes we are talking about two different things.

What I’m saying is …

The very act of creating of being an artist is the revenge.

I would tell him I've been a MASSIVE fan for about eight months. I would then ask him if it's worth listening to his previous band, The Smithereens, or should I just listen to the quality new songs like Notre Dame.

Miss Thorpe….. you are wasted on this site….
You should seriously look at a career
In stand up.

I always enjoy reading your posts.

You're very kind. It is Baz, I believe? I just like to pop in here now and again, try and crack a little joke. Some may raise a smile, some don't work, but I try. I appreciate your comment. Your posts can be very amusing as well. Have a lovely evening.

Back
Top Bottom