New Order and Johnny Marr at Wythenshawe Park August 24 2024

Redacted

Perfectly Satisfied & Living Rent Free
Fun Fact : New Order are f***ing shit and Marr's solo work is unmemorable and boring.

Hopefully they will do some Electronic songs, I do love New Order tho

Me too and I'm looking forward to the gig, it's always nice to see New Order playing to 30k in their home town.

This was part of the crowd for their last open air Manchester gig at Heaton Park in 21!

IMG_3619.jpeg

Last edited:
Me too and I'm looking forward to the gig, it's always nice to see New Order playing to 30k in their home town.

This was part of the crowd for their last open air Manchester gig at Heaton Park in 21!

View attachment 101307
That looks absolutely amazing! I have been saying for a while I wish NO and JM would just do a tour together and do an Electronic set. Have fun :) I mean, of course you will, lol.

That looks absolutely amazing! I have been saying for a while I wish NO and JM would just do a tour together and do an Electronic set. Have fun :) I mean, of course you will, lol.

Yes it was a great gig, I originally hadn't planned to go as I had seen them at Halifax a couple of days before at their warm up gig but one of the locals said they would pick me up and sort me a ticket. I actually flew out to see them in Miami in 2020 when they played 4 nights at the Fillmore as I had it on my bucket list to see them in another country. That was great fun as well and nice to see the reaction they get in a different place.

Yes it was a great gig, I originally hadn't planned to go as I had seen them at Halifax a couple of days before at their warm up gig but one of the locals said they would pick me up and sort me a ticket. I actually flew out to see them in Miami in 2020 when they played 4 nights at the Fillmore as I had it on my bucket list to see them in another country. That was great fun as well and nice to see the reaction they get in a different place.
They were just here in November and only did 2 or so shows out west. I am all the way up east. I had tickets to their shows with Pet Shop Boys but covid messed that up. I think the Florida shows you saw were right before covid.

I'm sure that will be a great day, English summer weather permitting.
Interesting to see the rehabilitation of Róisín Murphy. Clearly her grovelling apology has satisfied the woke mob.
Poor Róisín.

Last edited:

Just remembered, last time Johnny supported New Order at Jodrell Bank, Bernard joined him on stage to sing Getting away with it, it was a bit ropey as they hadn’t rehearsed it but still great to see them together. It was also the first time I had seen Johnny live.

Did you guys get into the Bad Lieutenant project when it came out? I adored it, especially This Is Home and Summer Days On Holiday.

Even the songs featuring the other guy on vocals entirely were good.

Also the Japanese bonus track Higher Wider Deeper was fantastic.

Yes, saw them 3 times, the Ritz in Manchester, Sheffield Leadmill and supporting Ian Brown at Platts Fields in Manchester. Great gigs and a great album. Jake Evans who was part of the band also supported New Order at Castlefield Bowl as a solo artist, his albums also good, it’s called Day One.

Thanks for this, not going to this one but this thread made me search for Johnny Marr on Ticketmaster and I found out he’s playing in London in April, managed to get a resale ticket. 👌

See you there anyone who’s going.

Back
Top Bottom