News reports of Morrissey to write Eurovision song

JOhnathan King used to find our Eurovision acts in the 90s, at one point.

NOw he's trying to set up a kiddies version of the event.

Steve Wright (the Radio 2 DJ not the one up for murder in Ipswich) has just mentioned it, he didn't believe it but what does that goon know?

That's so not true! First of all I love England and everybody hates us (the Germans), second of all neither France nor Italy, the UK or Germany will ever win again because there are so many small countries in eastern Europe who vote for eachother. That's so boring. We could possibly stand a chance if get rid of Bavaria, get another Berlin Wall and start being nice to our swiss and austrian neighbours :D But it's Morrissey who must win this bloody contest so I have to come up with another masterplan :D

Aww the only people who hate Germans are thick Englishmen with shaved heads who've never met a German. I love die Deutschen and I'd vote for you - except I always end up voting for places like Moldova and Lithuania...who remembers LK United last year with their classic "Vee Are Dee Vinners of Euroveesion"? Loved it :D

I just can't imagine Moz getting involved in something as trivial as Eurovision. He has always been so vocal about how popular music and its merits are devalued and dismissed. For him to get involved in an event that celebrates the acceptance of diluted popular music just doesn't add up to me.

I just can't imagine Moz getting involved in something as trivial as Eurovision. He has always been so vocal about how popular music and its merits are devalued and dismissed. For him to get involved in an event that celebrates the acceptance of diluted popular music just doesn't add up to me.

Indeed. It's a ridiculous thought, and I certainly hope it was tongue-in-cheek.

No, you wouldn't be correct, many countries are actually represented by their well-established singers (which only goes to show how pathetic their music industry is).

I stand corrected, this is probably tongue in cheek from Morrissey now. It wouldn't be fussed either way if Morrissey entered Eurovision as a contestant. I don't know why people are so against the idea, it would be hilarious for him to go and sing "I'm forever blowing bubbles". :cool:

The whole point (if there is any) of Eurovision is that it sucks like Shane MacGowan’s dental work. Why ruining what is beautiful? And what would Morrissey do if he got… er nought point?

Girl A

I think this is a bloomin brilliant Idea - it would be hilarious, i am sure he would enjoy it from the heart of his bottom and his first No 1 Single anyone?

Eurovision is a guilty pleasure, I used to watch it every year (no longer a secret) but not for the music!!! Im pretty sure 75% o fthe viewers don't. Eurovision has always been about the contest, the ugly dresses, the false singing, the tung in cheek of it all. It's not to be taken serious and anyone that does is on the wrong path. It's a carreer killer too. Not too mention your credibility. Stick to you what you do best Moz, and this comes from an Eurovision liker.

Its a smashing idea. Moz likes to be liked. Maybe he has "lightened up". For almost 25 years he has shown himself to be a top pop star; having a go at Eurovision could not negate that.
The unpopularity that he enjoys in Britain is surely only a British thing. I bet Europeans find it easier to appreciate his work, and that means votes!

it's funny people saying that in the UK no one likes eurovision and no one takes it serious but there isnt an english person that doesnt watch it.

I think Moz should do it if he feels like doing it, it would certainly make me watch eurovision lol

I saw them mention this on the wright show this morn, and i nearly laughed myself silly, bloody moronic sun newspaper... obviously just doing their montly 'knock morrissey' spot.
but now its on ceefax...

As somebody said its probably only that the beeb have asked moz's people and they havent declined yet, thats sparked all this.

I personally cannot see him writing a song for someone else, it goes against all he stands for. (the ones for nancy/sandie don't count as they are only COVERING HIS song. albiet with his blessing)
I also baulk at the thought of him appearing on eurovision, i worry that the media will use it as an excuse to call him a washed up singer whos to old etc etc blah blah blah... and that worries me as i can see him getting affected by that and actually deciding to 'retire' *cries at the very thought*.
I also think that Moz should remain 'aloof' and above these sort of things.

anyway, he'll never get through the selection process, the chavs are the ruling class in this dump of a country so he wouldn't have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom