Nico: "Chelsea Girl" black vinyl reissue (due April 5, 2024)

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
img_1_1710892263900~3.jpg

Via Lasgo Music.
~£26.99

Black Vinyl — Deluxe 180gm LP vinyl reissue with original artwork.
Originally released in 1967 on the Verve' label, this is a x10 trk Black LP Vinyl from Velvet Underground collaborator NICO.

Given the times this has cropped up, worth mentioning.
Via my record rep.
Regards,
FWD.

Kinda surprised that Nico said she cried when Tom Wilson
over-dubbed the flutes, 'cause she thought it ruined her songs.
I really love the flutes on this, but I guess Nico had her own vision.
This things a classic.

Her weakest and most impersonal album. She had no creative control and it was the industry’s last attempt to control her. Her solo career really started with the glorious Marble Index the following year. That album, and the fantastic string of albums that followed, really showcases Nico as the artist and visionary she really was. But CG is the most accessible of her albums by countless country miles, so it makes sense that it’s her most famous record.

If anyone’s interested, here are a few stunning tracks from the three albums that followed CG:

I love the drama to her music. I listened to her just a bit, thanks to Morrissey's influence, but she is in my mental list of artists to listen once I've fully listened and absorbed Morrissey's music. Her voice reminds me a little bit of one of my absolute favorite artists, Aldous Harding. She has a old school style to her voice, it especially comes out in her debut album.

These are lovely, especially no one is there. Thanks for sharing.

I love the drama to her music. I listened to her just a bit, thanks to Morrissey's influence, but she is in my mental list of artists to listen once I've fully listened and absorbed Morrissey's music. Her voice reminds me a little bit of one of my absolute favorite artists, Aldous Harding. She has a old school style to her voice, it especially comes out in her debut album.

These are lovely, especially no one is there. Thanks for sharing.

How nice to hear! And yes, Aldous Harding is very good, very Nico-esque (to a degree). Glad to be of service. Nico’s 80s albums are also very good, especially Drama of Exile.

Back
Top Bottom