NY ticket sales thát bad??

A major contribution to poor ticket sales may be because there is too much going on in NYC during the month of October.

Rangers and other concerts at the Garden

and lest we forget....

The World Series starts on October 24th and runs to (if neccessary) to November 1st.

That was a major factor in choosing which show in NYC I was going to go to. I did not want to miss the WS and I know that there is a good chance that I will be going if the Yankees are in it the final dance this year.

There is a lot going on in October here.

The World Series starts on October 24th and runs to (if neccessary) to November 1st.

That was a major factor in choosing which show in NYC I was going to go to. I did not want to miss the WS and I know that there is a good chance that I will be going if the Yankees are in it the final dance this year.

There is a lot going on in October here.

I hate to say it, but the Yanks or the Mets aren't gonna be in the World Series this year. The Mets might not even be in the playoffs. The Angels will beat the Yanks in the first round this year. Like always...

I hate to say it, but the Yanks or the Mets aren't gonna be in the World Series this year. The Mets might not even be in the playoffs. The Angels will beat the Yanks in the first round this year. Like always...

I didn't want to hijack this into a baseball thread because if the Mets are somehow in it then the Mets are hosting I believe on the weekend dates so that would cause mass transit to hit a grind on the 7 trains and the usual Woodmere and or Penn Station stops. They are now tied with Philly. I believe they will limp into the playoffs but will be eliminated after the first round. It does not matter that they cannot beat the Nats since the Nats are not going to the playoffs.

Yanks though I don't know. Yanks are headed in with the best record in baseball since the All Star break. Since then they have an almost 680% winning percentage. I am a strong believer in momentum carrying a team. Look at Boston in 2004.... Look at Detroit going to the dance in 2006. Anaheim (or TLAAOA) always cause me to raise an eyebrow but right now the Yankees are in the best position possible to play them.

oh it's pandora! I thought you'd stepped into another dimension or something ;)

....Perhaps Moz would experience better ticket sales if he toured somewhere else that hadn't just experienced a 20,000 show tour. Y'know, a whole great big world exists outside of America...and it's actually quite nice to boot. I dare say there might even be a Morrissey fan or two lurking out there :eek: ;)

Are you saying that America is not the world?

And why are all the big tough guys so excited about attending a Big Dance?

Morrissey concert much better

Is there any interest in baseball or American football outside of the states?

At least basketball is at least fun to play.

Baseball is huge in Japan. It was an experiance watching the WS in Toyko last year. Another Yankees fan here, btw. :p

Yes, it does make sense. I feel the same way, and I remember feeling it very acutely in Radio City in 2004. I was so glad when the lights went down and the place seemed largely full. :)

I was at the first night of the Radio City shows in 2004, and I agree there was a nice vibe to the audience and I think he really enjoyed performing at that show.

They never, ever sell the best seats in the presale. :mad:
Wait for the public ticketsale and better seats will come up.
Pit tix will go very quickly of course.
Presale for NY sold balcony seats, but floor tickets are still available now.
So my guess is, some people will stare down from their seat to a half empty floor below them...

I did the presale for when he was in NYC at Radio City in 2004 and we were in like Row T on the floor, all the way in the back. We still saw ok, but you're absolutely right. Those presale things are a joke too as is the whole Ticketmaster system...

Hi!

I'm planning to come from France but ain't got any ticket yet!
As travel price will be quite expensive I would really appreciate to buy tickets at 45$ instead of 65 (you know)!!!

So where can we find this mysterious password? Any idea?

By for now.

With the way it appears... the best discount may be converting your Euros to Dollars upon arrival. Head to box office of the Hammerstein and buy a ticket there. With the exchange you will not pay shipping, service charges or anything else and the basic ticket will be about $35 US to you.

And why are all the big tough guys so excited about attending a Big Dance?

Morrissey concert much better

Thats a nice opinion to have... I have to admit... If I was presented with front row seats at Morrissey or a seat in the Mayors box at Yankee Stadium for a World Series game....

Well..

I promise I would listen to Morrissey on my iPod on the way to the game.

Good on ya -

Personally, I would watch the news after I attended the Morrissey concert, there's ALWAYS another baseball game . . .

I've been looking for the NY password for Ticketmaster all week now. No luck here. I've called the Hammerstein, Ticketmaster, Live Nation, friends, everyone. The Hammerstein said it was generated by the promoters and was given out at their discretion. If anyone has any other ideas, or if you find out the password, please post!

I've been looking for the NY password for Ticketmaster all week now. No luck here. I've called the Hammerstein, Ticketmaster, Live Nation, friends, everyone. The Hammerstein said it was generated by the promoters and was given out at their discretion. If anyone has any other ideas, or if you find out the password, please post!

the password is only for executives and other VIP...don't you know, the rich always get a deal. it's a rule.

edit: i really don't know...

try CHIVAS as the password, apparently thats what it is for a special discounted 4 day package in LA. I dunno, worth a shot.

Also, Im real f***in glad this happened, you know, since I just took a bus to NYC on wednesday and spent $300 for tickets to 4 of the shows (Id goto all 5 but have a DJ gig on saturday)

Ugh.

Back
Top Bottom