Off-topic discussion thread / moved as clogging other threads

speak of the devil, he just texted me. well im not responding to him tonight. he annoys me. i dont care if he looks like an angel with his hair down, he's lame.

i feel bad for not replying! but i f***ing HATE texting!!!! it's such a meaningless form of communication and it OFFENDS me when anyone thinks that i have such poverty of spirit that i would be interested in such a thing!!!!! as if my words arent sacred!!!!!!

The only reason?

Is she saying that The Smiths would've been just as successful if the records only contained Morrissey's acapella vocals as poetry readings? Seriously? 😆

Or is she claiming Morrissey wrote the bass-lines, guitar parts and drum patterns?

Or that the only reason people still remember The Smiths is because Morrissey has spent the last few decades as a karaoke 🎤 tribute to himself using the greatest hits of The Smiths such as 'How Soon Is Now' as the core and/encore climax of his solo live performances?

Since his one, brief genuine solo success era (You Are The Quarry) promoters have taken a punt on booking Morrissey gigs on the basis that they are, in fact, covertly marketing a legacy nostalgia act. And he's been complicit, is still complicit, in encouraging promoters to try to appropriate nostalgia for The Smiths to flog tickets for his solo shows as recent publicity proves.

Morrissey trades on the legacy of The Smiths as does Johnny Marr - and both of them, in turn, trade on the legacy of Andy Rourke and Mike Joyce even though they were exposed as having financially ripped their former collaborators off both for composition and performance royalties and incomes.

Watching Sir Elton John own the entire legacy of Glastonbury last night I wondered if a reformed version of The Smiths would've been invited to top the bill on the 2nd Stage, as Lana Del Rey disastrously did on Saturday night? They'd never have topped the Pyramid Stage without a new set of successful recordings.

I guess Morrissey-Marr could pose as The Smiths and do a good Sunday 'legends' turn in a few years if the cash starts to run out, but that would be as much karaoke nostalgia as Rick Astley, Cat Stevens, Dolly Parton or Elton John.

When Yusuf-Cat Stevens played the dreaded 'new material' he crashed the festival vibe just as Morrissey crashes the vibe of his live act when he veers too far from impersonating 'that singer in The Smiths'.

Nobody beyond the hardcore fan casualties like Fiona Dodwell and the 'NME ruined Morrissey' conspiracy theorists who gather here are interested in 'new material' from Morrissey, certainly not in 'terror trolling' bollocks like 'Bonfire Of Teenagers. Promoters know this, hence they try to diffuse his recent 'brand toxicity' by referencing his 40 entire year career rather than his recent insipid output.

Why isn't the forthcoming tour publicity highlighting that the set- list will focus on 'I Am Not A Dog On A Chain', 'Bonfire Of Teenagers' and 'Without Music The World Dies'? Because if it did, ticket sales would stall.

Name the last three Elton John albums? I'll wait... Elton had a huge hit last year merging two classic songs from his 'hits era' and having Dua Lipa guest on backing vocals. Then he repeated the trick with Britney Spears with less success. If Morrissey wants a 'hit' he can mash-up a couple ofhis greatest hits with Miley Cyrus on backing vocals.

Even if Capitol Records deployed the gross annual GDP of Peru to promoting 'Bonfire Of Teenagers' it would still be just another installment in his decades-long 'flop era'. Both Elton John and Rick Astley were sometimes a bit 'Stars On 45' but that's what their ageing fanbase want as they cavort in the sun pretending, like Morrissey, that they're still young and radical.

FFS...Morrissey even uses photography from his prime to promote current touring publicity campaigns, yet another attempt to dupe 'clueless consumers' into parting with cash thinking they'll get 'greatest hits era' songs, not flops, obscurities and tiresome 'new material'.

Coming soon. Welcome to the 'Don't Bore Us. Get To The Greatest Hits 🎤 Karaoke Chorus' tour...

BB

Morrissey has announced plans for a tour celebrating the 40th anniversary of his music career.
The jaunt dubbed the ’40 Years Of Morrissey’ tour, will kick off in Mexico City on September 10 before calling at venues in Peru, Colombia, Chile, Argentina, and Brazil.

From there, the former Smiths frontman will head to North America, performing several shows in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Washington DC and New York.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/morrissey-announces-40-years-of-morrissey-anniversary-tour-3458675

Do you REALLY need to type so much?

Do you ever fact check anything, Rick had a number 1 album in 2016 which went Platinum, Number 6 in 2018 which went silver and number 4 in 2019 and has a new album coming out in October and an arena tour to support it.

Bit of a silly question that really, Surface. Almost every post of Gordy's is nonsense. The guy writes like he chugs piss every day.

Nope, not that keen on him, you’re very judgemental Gordy and always wrong. My view on life is live and let live, hence, what Rick does is fine with me, you should try it some day and you world would be a brighter place.
the gordyboy is never wrong,if you can point to five times iv been wrong on here i will send you a coconut or a goldfish,your pick,i await your fact finding mission.

Wet leg pissing down his leg for one when when they are actually women. Anyways enjoy your hate filled day.
thats hardly wrong as i have no interest in wet leg to the point where i have never checked them out so your not getting that one,there could be aliens fronting wet leg and it would be of no interest to me.

Wet leg pissing down his leg for one when when they are actually women. Anyways enjoy your hate filled day.
dont hate anyone or anything,may dislike some things but not hate,my days are filled with laughter and fun,you should try it sometime its good for you.

I got it at 18 too. It's the chav mindset to not look too deeply into things.

So you're saying you're a chav, as you clearly don't look very deeply into things, one of them being the mirror?

(fyi, you definitely do not look like Rick Astley. He's much, much better looking, and I expect he's a much nicer person than you, Hofmann.)

P.s "chav" is a term for middle class dickheads. There's nothing inherently wrong or violent associated with council houses.

Last edited:
Why is Skinny not on this thread telling us what Morrissey is drinking and that it has always been just about the money ?.
Asking for a friend.

Why would anybody want to say his name ????
He’s a nasty CrankFraud who cancelled his own career by falling on his own sword. The ships crew have even started to jump off the good ship Quilloughby.
The only thing left to trade on now is past memories, selling t-shirt tatt and his signature upon anything he can get his hands on.
“Hoist the sail and fetch me some more gin Diesel !!!! Peru here we come”

Benny 🇬🇧 :knife:
If you had any family, I would pity them for having to take care of you, you absolute raging maniac.

Back
Top Bottom