Official Manager Statement regarding Morrissey’s health (January 26, 2024)

D6F4A7EB-137A-4C94-842C-C316837ACEA1.jpeg

NealCassady posted news of South America cancellation:

UPDATE 1:50PM PT:

Mexico City cancellation notice posted by On Returning.

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a reminder, this turned out to be false, he did not collapse and he was not taken to any hospital here

Screenshot 2024-01-28 1.25.55 AM.png

As for the Zurich then, Morrissey has a place in Switzerland for a number of years now. I assume it is for tax purposes but no surprise that that is where he is right now.

And I'm gonna speculate that this time around it isn't depression. having seen the accumulation of stories over the past few years, speaking with that dreadful plane footage I believe that Morrissey has a serious issue with alcohol. In recent times he has cancelled fully sold out shows and half sold out shows, so ticket sales can't be blamed for all these cancellations because it logically doesn't make sense for this recent spate of no-shows. But high grade alcoholism would make sense. I know it's a guess but it makes sense and unfortunately I think he is surrounded by enablers rather than someone who will have the hard talk with him.

He needs rehab, he needs a new circle of friends and he needs to start living a healthier life. I hope he gets it but I fear he won't.

At least this announcement isn't as vague as they've been in the past. Morrissey dealing with physical exhaustion? Umm... Traditionally, "physical exhaustion" is code for a mental breakdown, and that may be it. Maybe the rumors about the drinking are true and the tippling's catching up with him. Or maybe he saw how few tickets were sold for The Pond (Anaheim) and the Forum (Los Angeles).

When these Quarry shows were announced, I knew 100 percent they'd never happen. Ever. Eh-ver. That said, I live in the middle of both venues and wanted to go to one of the shows (probably Anaheim, but maybe both if night one was great), but knowing the shows would never happen, I didn't bother buying tickets.

If by chance Morrissey did decide from cancelling, I'd have bought a ticket the day of the gig. My guess is there are quite a number of people like me who are gun shy about buying Morrissey tickets, especially to a gimmicky one-off like this. This, I'm sure, contributed to low ticket sales.

Also, and this is a side note, but The Pond? And the Forum? That's a bit ambitious and a good manager would've told him that. A good manager would've pushed him towards The Wiltern and the Grove of Anaheim.

So because of that, El Hefe is hiding away somewhere in Zurich as Sam and Damon scurry about and enable his BS. Ugh, it's such a bummer watching the wheels slowly fall off. There's still an obvioust way to pull out of the nosedive that has absolutely nothing to do with Marr, but I also think he gets off on victimhood.
Totally agree. He could have done a few Wilterns, I reckon he could do 5 Quarry shows at a push. Also Zurich? Keep him away from Dignitas.

I’m not defending Morrissey here.

And I never blamed you for buying a ticket.

But I did, several times, try to make you understand that you made a decision to again buy a ticket after being canceled on before. So as an adult, you really should learn from your mistakes.
As an adult Morrissey should follow through on his f***in commitments lol

Would not surprise me at all if he tripped over those flares when he was drunk off his stupid ass and broke some bones, and vaped
Haha! Yeh, those flares have impending disaster written all over them. It's just a matter of time before they trip him up properly.

I still think he vapes. The photos in Paris could be a pen but that doesn't explain the Cruel World video. Noone sucks a pen for a few seconds in the middle of a song on stage. And people claiming it's a Vicks inhaler are delusional. Why would you put that in your mouth?

Noted also by Metro UK, American Songwriter etc

A respectful article about the cancellations with some prior context given by Michael Imperioli, from The Independent UK

Back in August, Michael Imperioli, star of The Sopranos, claimed that Morrissey had been “abandoned” by the music industry, comparing him to late Irish musician Sinead O’Connor.

Imperioli, who is also the guitarist and vocalist for the band Zopa, told The Guardian: “He’s uncompromising and very true to his art, to himself. As a lyricist, he’s on the level of Bob Dylan and Lou Reed to me: his intelligence, his wit and point of view.
“I thought what he wrote about Sinead O’Connor was spot on and brilliant – how easily she was abandoned by the music industry. He was as well,” Imperioli added.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...ssey-gigs-tour-cancelled-health-b2485851.html

Let's mind our moz-icians more.:sweet:
Abandoned? Its not 1990 anymore. You don't need music industry to start or sustain a career. Morrissey could run his own releasing arm with one trusted PA and a laptop. But to do that he would need to spend (and risk) his own money.

Haha! Yeh, those flares have impending disaster written all over them. It's just a matter of time before they trip him up properly.

I still think he vapes. The photos in Paris could be a pen but that doesn't explain the Cruel World video. Noone sucks a pen for a few seconds in the middle of a song on stage. And people claiming it's a Vicks inhaler are delusional. Why would you put that in your mouth?
I think he vapes too and a Vicks inhaler is for your nose, lol, as I am sure you know. Those flares tho.....

Noone sucks a pen for a few seconds in the middle of a song on stage.

Hold on, I'm sure I can think of a reason

Uh... Freud... um... Damon... uh... pen

Oh whatever, It's a vape, he vapes, it's on video, who cares if he vapes! It's weird he is avoiding saying it's a vape - the fact he felt the need to flat out deny it makes me believe it's a vape even more

Hold on, I'm sure I can think of a reason

Uh... Freud... um... Damon... uh... pen

Oh whatever, It's a vape, he vapes, it's on video, who cares if he vapes! It's weird he is avoiding saying it's a vape - the fact he felt the need to flat out deny it makes me believe it's a vape even more
1706434970711.png

As for the Zurich then, Morrissey has a place in Switzerland for a number of years now. I assume it is for tax purposes but no surprise that that is where he is right now.

And I'm gonna speculate that this time around it isn't depression. having seen the accumulation of stories over the past few years, speaking with that dreadful plane footage I believe that Morrissey has a serious issue with alcohol. In recent times he has cancelled fully sold out shows and half sold out shows, so ticket sales can't be blamed for all these cancellations because it logically doesn't make sense for this recent spate of no-shows. But high grade alcoholism would make sense. I know it's a guess but it makes sense and unfortunately I think he is surrounded by enablers rather than someone who will have the hard talk with him.

He needs rehab, he needs a new circle of friends and he needs to start living a healthier life. I hope he gets it but I fear he won't.
Very sad but spot on. Morrissey has been drinking for most of his life: Johnny mentioned it at the time of the Smiths, Noel mentioned it….. . Some people here have suggested that he’s a functioning alcoholic, that is until recently.

The amzing thing is that it didn’t ruin his voice; if anything his voice became stronger and deeper with the years.

Switserland is a nice place to get away from the record industry. Whatever he decides to do next (maybe nothing), I hope he gets better.

sunday morning excuses.
hes a raging alcoholic.
vaping is to blame.
his flares are to blame.

god give me strength on a sunday morning.

sunday morning excuses.
hes a raging alcoholic.
vaping is to blame.
his flares are to blame.

god give me strength on a sunday morning.
Your bitching and moaning is ridiculous, the thread is to discuss the announcement and that is what we are doing when you aren't interrupting with your digs and nonsense

Very sad but spot on. Morrissey has been drinking for most of his life: Johnny mentioned it at the time of the Smiths, Noel mentioned it….. . Some people here have suggested that he’s a functioning alcoholic, that is until recently.

The amzing thing is that it didn’t ruin his voice; if anything his voice became stronger and deeper with the years.

Switserland is a nice place to get away from the record industry. Whatever he decides to do next (maybe nothing), I hope he gets better.
Can't recall many Smiths stories but I remember when Johnny was discussing that pub meet in 2008 - he said he thought they might stay a few hours but they stayed all day (a good sign) which meant lots of orange juice for him, lots of pints for Moz. JM was proud that he had become a lot healthier since his own boozing days and a lot fitter. And though he was very polite, I remember thinking that he seemed shocked by how much M had knocked back.

Is Zurich known for specialization for any specific ailments, that one might go there for a cure?
Switzerland is known for having some of the best, if not the best, health care in the world. Everyone is obliged by law to take out health insurance. Both phsycial and mental health care in Switzerland have an excellent reputation. What happened to his mother may be one of the reasons why Moz wants to be somewhere with great health care?

According to the OECD Switzerland has the highest density of nurses among 27 measured countries, namely 17.4 nurses per thousand people in 2013.[18] The density of practising physicians is 4 per thousand population.[19]

In the 2018 Euro health consumer index survey Switzerland was placed first overtaking the Netherlands, and described as an excellent, although expensive, healthcare system.[20]

Switzerland has the highest rate of psychiatrists per population in the OECD (Iceland has half as many psychiatrists as in Switzerland and is ranked second).[21]

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom