Peter Doherty parle des Smith

I scrolled past the picture first and thought it was Boz being accompanied on a record-shopping trip.

It's nice to see Peter healthy and seemingly fully together. Having read his book, it's amazing he was able to pull out of the maelstrom before it was too late.

I'm looking forward to the new Libertines album - "Run Run Run" has been on high rotation on Little Steven's Underground Garage on SiriusXM and is a banger. It's amazing almost ten years have passed since Anthems for Doomed Youth, let alone over 20 since Up The Bracket.

I have never been a fan of the Libertines, but for those who care, his last solo album, The Fantasy Life of Poetry & Crime, is a real gem.

You're not the one for me, fatty.

Libertines? A third rate band, they are as greatly useless as Shed Seven

I saw The Libertines at the Kentish Town Forum in December 2003, with support provided by Chas and Dave. Chas and Dave came close to stealing the show, but not quite. Several thousand people singing 'Down to Margate' was rather wonderful. The Libertines' first album, Up the Bracket, has always been a favourite of mine. Produced by Mick Jones, formerly of The Clash, it has a raucous and raw energy. The Libertines were one of those bands that were eaten by their own success. Nothing tests the character of a human being more than 'fame' and easy access to drugs.

I saw The Libertines at the Kentish Town Forum in December 2003, with support provided by Chas and Dave. Chas and Dave came close to stealing the show, but not quite. Several thousand people singing 'Down to Margate' was rather wonderful. The Libertines' first album, Up the Bracket, has always been a favourite of mine. Produced by Mick Jones, formerly of The Clash, it has a raucous and raw energy. The Libertines were one of those bands that were eaten by their own success. Nothing tests the character of a human being more than 'fame' and easy access to drugs.
No pop star should look ugly, Doherty always had a double chin from the beginning, that's a crime.

No pop star should look ugly, Doherty always had a double chin from the beginning, that's a crime.
Did he have a double chin? He was a loveable scamp at the beginning. Aren't we all?
They should use before and after pics of Mr Doherty to show kids in school. Just say no, kids.

1708514362775.png

This comment section is an online sewer. A talented but troubled young man with a drug addiction has turned his life around, and all people can do is judge him and mock his appearance. Clearly the spirit of the Smiths didn’t sink in for many.

“When you laugh about people who feel so
Very lonely
Their only desire is to die
Well, I'm afraid
It doesn't make me smile
I wish I could laugh”

This comment section is an online sewer. A talented but troubled young man with a drug addiction has turned his life around, and all people can do is judge him and mock his appearance. Clearly the spirit of the Smiths didn’t sink in for many.

“When you laugh about people who feel so
Very lonely
Their only desire is to die
Well, I'm afraid
It doesn't make me smile
I wish I could laugh”

You should read what most here say about Morrissey, the above posts read like warm compliments when compared.

You should read what most here say about Morrissey, the above posts read like warm compliments when compared.
Unfortunately true. This site is a sad example of ‘misery loving company’. If people spent half as much time micro-analysing their own lives as they do with others, the world might be a better place.

“I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could've been any clearer
If they wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make a change”

Unfortunately true. This site is a sad example of ‘misery loving company’. If people spent half as much time micro-analysing their own lives as they do with others, the world might be a better place.

IMG_9668.gif

yeah, totally ‘man in the mirror’ stuff needs being done around here.

Michael Jackson Love GIF

I scrolled past the picture first and thought it was Boz being accompanied on a record-shopping trip.

It's nice to see Peter healthy and seemingly fully together. Having read his book, it's amazing he was able to pull out of the maelstrom before it was too late.

I'm looking forward to the new Libertines album - "Run Run Run" has been on high rotation on Little Steven's Underground Garage on SiriusXM and is a banger. It's amazing almost ten years have passed since Anthems for Doomed Youth, let alone over 20 since Up The Bracket.

Never knew to much about The Libertine's 'til about
10 years ago, but they make some great songs.
They have their own unique style when it comes to
the lyrics and how the songs flow.
Also liked some of the Babyshambles and Peter's solo
stuff too.
Kinda hope Peter stays healthy.

Tags
peter doherty the smiths
Back
Top Bottom