Post YOUR Collection Thread

My collection of The Smiths 7" vinyl as of today...

Wow I.R I spot a Aussie Ask 7", a French TIAL (my soul for one of these), A Dutch Headmaster with 12" sleeve and what looks like two green Girlfriends. Very impressive, it puts my meagre collection to shame :tears:

Last edited by a moderator:
One is a fake

Hi Mikael

I thought you were quite convinced that it was genuine? What has changed your mind?

I thought it was genuine when I bought it, I did some research etc... Then after investigating the seller a bit more I realized he was manufacturing his own CD-Rs. He made quite a few more fake Morrissey ones besides this. Luckily I didn't spend a lot of money on it and I learnt a lesson.

Beautiful I.R. , I think that ASK German on Teledec is very rare, isn't it? I cannot recall having seen it EBay.
Cheers Moz

I bought mine on ebay within the last 12 months and I've seen a couple since. Mine is the promo with the info on the back (scans of mine are on Vulgar Picture) - I thought they were all like this, but it looks like Flax now has a non promo version as well.

Nice collection IR - looking good :thumb: Are there any missing that you need in terms of alternative artwork?

Dave

Wow I.R I spot a Aussie Ask 7", a French TIAL (my soul for one of these), A Dutch Headmaster with 12" sleeve and what looks like two green Girlfriends. Very impressive, it puts my meagre collection to shame :tears:

Thank you EILS!
The 2nd GIAC is the UK mispressed green, the 3rd is a Dutch copy in grey with mispressed green edge, the 4th is the std Aussie release.
Getting there...

I bought mine on ebay within the last 12 months and I've seen a couple since. Mine is the promo with the info on the back (scans of mine are on Vulgar Picture) - I thought they were all like this, but it looks like Flax now has a non promo version as well.

Nice collection IR - looking good :thumb: Are there any missing that you need in terms of alternative artwork?

Dave

Thank you Dave, getting there slowly but surely...
in terms of alternative artwork I am looking for the Dutch Panic, Ask and Bigmouth, the Spanish HSIN promo (in William sleeve) and obviously the HIG negative sleeve. That's about it.

In your response to Stoned I believe you are referring to the German SGABTO (btw mine is a std one too, no promo info on the back), whereas Stoned was asking about the German Ask with a picture of Colin Campbell on the front. He is quite correct, you do not see that one for sale too often. I don't know why it didn't make the top 100 in RC.

Cheers,

I.R.

in terms of alternative artwork I am looking for the Dutch Panic, Ask and Bigmouth, the Spanish HSIN promo (in William sleeve) and obviously the HIG negative sleeve. That's about it.

In your response to Stoned I believe you are referring to the German SGABTO (btw mine is a std one too, no promo info on the back), whereas Stoned was asking about the German Ask with a picture of Colin Campbell on the front. He is quite correct, you do not see that one for sale too often. I don't know why it didn't make the top 100 in RC.

Cheers,

I.R.

Ok, that was confusing me.
Very nice collection there IR..

DSCN0511.jpg

I plan to fill all the gaps, eventually. The flats are purely decorative.

Cheers,

I.R.

Yes , I was talking about ASK , german issue with Colin Campbell. Actually, thinking again, it was on VinylTap Website end of October or so , so I added it promptly into my bag only to discover later an e mail from them telling me that it was not available anymore. That's how their website works: you think something is still there while maybe is not....next time.
Cheers Moz

I thought it was genuine when I bought it, I did some research etc... Then after investigating the seller a bit more I realized he was manufacturing his own CD-Rs. He made quite a few more fake Morrissey ones besides this. Luckily I didn't spend a lot of money on it and I learnt a lesson.

Hi mate

Any chance of letting us know the tosser's ebay username? I wouldn't want anyone else wasting money on his fakes.

Hi mate

Any chance of letting us know the tosser's ebay username? I wouldn't want anyone else wasting money on his fakes.

I can't remember if it was "stiffez" or not, he did a fake UK promo YOR CD-R, a fake Paris CD-R and a fake Japanese Maladjusted CD-R. Amongst other things. I think Robert was sceptical to begin with and he was right all the way.

My collection of The Smiths 7" vinyl as of today...

View attachment 11530

Hi IR,

Nice collection. I always wanted the 7" cowboy sleeve Headmaster when I was collecting but I never managed to get one ! Is that the US or Canadian How Soon is Now ?

I am sure I posted these pics before but here are my import Smiths 7"s

Del.

Attachments

• 100_5159.JPG
    100_5159.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 100_5158.JPG
    100_5158.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 49
Hi IR,

Nice collection. I always wanted the 7" cowboy sleeve Headmaster when I was collecting but I never managed to get one ! Is that the US or Canadian How Soon is Now ?

I am sure I posted these pics before but here are my import Smiths 7"s

Del.

Del, in the first picture, is the top left the "Ask" juke box split with Sergio something? I have that, I was just wondering if they are that common. I have seen one on Ebay as well.
I think my favorite PS is the US "Stop Me". I was happy to get one a few months ago.

Del, in the first picture, is the top left the "Ask" juke box split with Sergio something? I have that, I was just wondering if they are that common. I have seen one on Ebay as well.

Roky,

Yes, it is.
It is also included in the photo I attached (between the Ask Aussie promo and Shoplifters...).
There is also one of these with Girlfriend in a Coma b/w New Order's True Faith (between the Aussie Girlfriend and I Started Something...).
Neither of these records are particularly rare in my opinion, they both pop up often enough on ebay.

Cheers,

I.R.

Roky,

Yes, it is.
It is also included in the photo I attached (between the Ask Aussie promo and Shoplifters...).
There is also one of these with Girlfriend in a Coma b/w New Order's True Faith (between the Aussie Girlfriend and I Started Something...).
Neither of these records are particularly rare in my opinion, they both pop up often enough on ebay.

Cheers,

Thanks IR,
I was thinking it was pretty common. Nice 7"s there. Good to see a French TIALTNGO nestled in there. :)

I.R.

Thanks IR,
I was thinking it was pretty common. Nice 7"s there. Good to see a French TIALTNGO nesselted in there. :)

So,
here is a part of my Smiths Collection:

The coventry poster

16mqk79dn2z.jpg

The autographs (Andy is on the "I started something...")

23gurp7zvc6.jpg

And the main part of the singles

32qvmc691sf.jpg

The rest is in the storage racks....

Ahhhh! :eek: just looked at pretty much all the collections on this thread! and i really, really need some rest.......or i might just go a little mad....goodbye lovelies..

Tags
whip 'em out
Back
Top Bottom