Post YOUR Collection Thread

Mikael, I (wrongly) assumed the 2 x UK cd promos of "TMYIMTCIG" pictured were the standard promo and mispressed label (with 45RPM graphics). As Grim (kind of) said previously, the quest to complete our collections could go on forever (...in which case we're doomed). Thanks again!

Mikael
It's a very impressive Morrissey collection - I wonder whether you have done the same with The Smiths' releases?

Pics please...:)

Not really, I am sure you could do a much better job at that.

Mikael
It's a very impressive Morrissey collection - I wonder whether you have done the same with The Smiths' releases?

Pics please...:)

Not really, I am sure you could do a much better job at that.

Personally, I'm not that bothered about having all the releases from all the countries. I'm more interested in collecting Smiths and Morrissey records for the artwork - so if a foreign release has different artwork then I'll collect it - so,
4 x Stop me 7"
3 x Stop me 12"
Red, Blue and Pink Shiela's
German Ask
Interesting drug in red and brown

That sort of thing

Since Flax posted a Spanish Ask that had Yootha Joyca but with "The Smiths" in black rather than the usual red, I've been on the look out for one of those. So, if anyone has a spare one, please let me know.

Or a French There's a Light... :)

They probably just ran out of numbered stickers, and still had vinyl and blue sleeves left over, so just kept going until they were totally out of vinyl.

My theory exactly. The same thing as with the orange promo CDs for The More You Ignore Me that not only came in the special cardboard sleeve but also in the normal jewelcase.

I think they are just using the vinyl jacket that comes in the regular Suedehead 12":
suede12.jpg

Yes Flax, you're right! Can we say therefore, that the "Suedehead" UK promo 12" is not quite as limited as we originally assumed, just like the ambiguity surrounding the numbers of "Boy Happy" 12" pic. discs in existence? Or to coin a phrase "best of, most of (satiate the need)....."!

The standard issue inner sleeves have the serial number on the sleeve, so I don't think they were being used with the UK promo 12".

The only promo I have is the one with the numbered sticker. So I'm not sure what the other one looks like, but from the picture that mikael posted, it looks like it has the serial number on the top right corner, just like the blue jacket from the regular 12".

It is the same standard blue inner for both. My sticker just barely manages to cover the printed serialnumber.

Barbarism Begins At Home

in order

12" UK 1-sided testpressung of B-Side RTT 171B
there are two 1-sided t/p of the promo.
the testpressing RTT 171A should have a
b-side with 3 tracks of tone test. unfortunately
i havent got this.
both come in a plain white label and white sleeve.
should be only 10 - 20 copy in existence.

2 x 2-sided uk promo
2 x 1-sided uk promo w/promo sheet

12" greek copy

Meat Is Mourder tourprogramm

2 x french promo

2 x German 12"

italian and german 7"

4 UK CD and 1 x Australien CD-single

if there is anyone
here who has the other 1-sided t/p 4sale,
send a PM

thnx for looking

Stefan R

7 "Hand In Glove" RT 131

in order

Missprinted Negativ Sleeve

2-sided testpressing of very 1st single
1983 (manchester adressed)
had five pressed, one for each
of the band members and one
for joe moss and have been
told one exchanged hands £2500.
this is jonny marrs copy with his
handwriting on it.

1-sided testpressing of issue
1984 / day stamp not readable

2-sided testpressing of issue
1984 / day stamp 18. APR 1984

and annother copy
2-sided testpressing of issue
1984 / day stamp 18. APR 1984

apart from the negativ sleeve
very unspectacular, but probably
matchless in one collectors hand.

thnx for looking

Stefan R

in order:

RT 136 A1-U (Reel Around The Fountain testpressing)
was canceld in favor TCM

RT 136 A2-U (TCM 1-sided testpressing)
pressed in monday 26th September 1983, which is not clearly stamped on the label, handwritten "NOT FINISHED", because its the london version of TCM.
i am not sure why it was pressed, because RT never intended to release the LONDON mix commercially.
the first recording of TCM was on 14th September 1983 on the Peel Session, by which Travis immediately told the band to book themselves into the Studio to record it as the next single.

RT 136 A3-U (TCM 1-sided testpressing)
the real testpressing with green label. there must be also white labels
with cut out centre in existence, but the white labels are not tespressings, they leave the factory with no label accidentally.

thnx for looking, i hope its a little bit interesting for collectors here.

Stefan R

in order:

RT 136 A1-U (Reel Around The Fountain testpressing)
was canceld in favor TCM

RT 136 A2-U (TCM 1-sided testpressing)
pressed in monday 26th September 1983, which is not clearly stamped on the label, handwritten "NOT FINISHED", because its the london version of TCM.
i am not sure why it was pressed, because RT never intended to release the LONDON mix commercially.
the first recording of TCM was on 14th September 1983 on the Peel Session, by which Travis immediately told the band to book themselves into the Studio to record it as the next single.

RT 136 A3-U (TCM 1-sided testpressing)
the real testpressing with green label. there must be also white labels
with cut out centre in existence, but the white labels are not tespressings, they leave the factory with no label accidentally.

thnx for looking, i hope its a little bit interesting for collectors here.

Stefan R

Cheers Stefan, it's very interesting & equally sickening :)
Please continue to post your wonderful collection.

love

Grim

Truly wonderful Stefan! Keep posting!
And thx mucho for sending me the "Still Ill" DJ promo :).

Do you only collect Smiths stuff? Or Moz as well?

And...are you married?? :D:D:o

:D

love

Grim

Sounds like a proposal...

...seriously, for those in relationships...what does your partner think of your collection?

Mine tolerates it, but doesn't understand (how many times have you heard "My wife doesn't understand me"?) - I only tell her about half the stuff I buy, I keep some stuff at work - scared to bring it home, and mostly things get brought in in packages and get tucked away on a shelf...only to be sorted later...

My BF for almost 9 years is totally indifferent towards anything that has to do with Moz/Smiths. I dragged him along to a Moz concert (Rome 2006) and to one Star & Garter fest last year. Ol' grumpy fell asleep both times.

He tolerates my collection, but we have arguments about my financial "priorities" from time to time :rolleyes:.

Smiths/Moz CDs are banned from his car....thank goodness we don't share a home!

His only hobby is football (Bayern München!) :sick:

Otherwise he's an ok guy :)!

Tags
whip 'em out
Back
Top Bottom