Q101: "A Case For: Smoking Popes" - Morrissey mentions (October 9, 2023)

Screenshot_20231010-092802.png

Regards,
FWD.

Great band. They had trouble with Capitol Records too. I hope they support Morrissey again!

seems like a decent guy,theres usually a but, but not this time.

Enjoyable chat.

Scroll down this page for my resumé of The Smoking Popes in the archived support acts collection I put together years ago.

That list starts with Sack who are actually playing Vicar Street Dublin tonight supporting Haircut 100.

It's weird because I was at the Battersea power station and Chester concerts in '97 for the Maladjusted tour and I don't remember The Smoking Popes playing support at all. I guess he's referring to an American tour?

It's weird because I was at the Battersea power station and Chester concerts in '97 for the Maladjusted tour and I don't remember The Smoking Popes playing support at all. I guess he's referring to an American tour?
Second leg of Maladjusted tour in America.

Second leg of Maladjusted tour in America.
Ah okay. For a second there I thought I'd arrived late and missed them but now I remember there were no support acts for the two gigs I mentioned. Thanks for the heads up.

Saw the Popes open for Elastica at Double Door in March of '95. Still, Q101 was shit in the '90s and they're shit now, Josh Caterer interview notwithstanding.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom