quick question about Asleep on this tour

Re: I just watched this.. Now I'm terrified ...

DavidK

I share some of your fears, but having been front row on this, if you will ill-fated, most recent tour, I just felt he was singing it with a lot of pathos.

p.s. enjoy your thumbs up :)

There's a reason he doesn't allow anyone to watch him when he lays the vocals down on his albums...it's called having a heart...and if him singing one of his bleakest songs, causing him to well up with emotion, is something you don't understand, then, I don't understand YOU.

He doesn't look well. I thought it then and still now. I hope to god I'm wrong.

Yeah let's all get unnecessarily worried and start panicking!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAElh3Woo_k

San Jose show from May. Asleep.

I've seen Morrissey dozens of times since 1991 and I am always one of those crazy people who camp out just to get first row to be close to Moz.. I always stage crash, I even met David T once in line before the Massey Hall show on the Maladjusted tour (he is crazy too). I guess what I am trying to say is I've seen a lot of Morrissey and in the video I just watched, really, really scared me. Look at his face, his throat, choking back tears.. I mean, Moz seriously does not look well. I have seen a lot of rumours because of this stupid tour but when I watched this video I am convinced something is wrong. He is singing like it IS his farewell. You can see it on his face.

I don't know if he is indeed terminal, an alcoholic, or just massively depressed, but it is worrisome. I fear he may be still in hospital as is suggested.

Oh God I hope I am wrong. It is way too soon.

Get well Stephen, we love you still.

David T seemed like the most normal guy I've met in my life, not just at a Morrissey related event.

Crazy Camp Crasher, your wishes for wellness would seem a little more heartelt if you were to get his name right...

It's not Illness. It's Art. Or perhaps "Illness as Art."

"We all go a little mad sometimes."

Let's all calm the hell down until we actually know if he's ok.

Just like I said with the other clip of this song posted :

To me I just see it as him getting very moved by the song.

I wouldn't be too worried by this. It's a very emotional song and it just looks like he's caught up in the performance.

It happens to loads of singers. He'll be back before we know it!

I posted this video (below) a few days ago (in this thread: http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/131431-Morrissey-Still-In-Hospital-According-to-Cliff-Richard) with similar concerns. However, in retrospect, I can understand what others are saying about him giving an emotive performance. Perhaps it's more emotional 'pain' as opposed to physical. There's no way of knowing for certain, of course, and maybe, it's really none of our business.

Last edited by a moderator:

This song is very emotional, his performance of this song is very emotional.

So what's the point?

Back
Top Bottom