Rebels Without Applause Reaches the Ironically respectable Million Plus Plays on Spotify

no i still think theyll honestly make more saving it for when he dies crime that it is. so says the realistic cynical side of me at least. they have the beatles etc and that legacy stuff makes them bank right now so i doubt theyll care about the immediate financial gain of that album given the type of deal he prefers. itll be a lost album mojo story one day which will sell it better than anything. i would at least like to say that those who are pushing for self release should maybe note that morrissey is sorta testing the waters here in a way with no parent album promotion etc that would usually come with a record deal. if they wanted to make that path look more promising then that contingent might wanna spin it or click it i guess a bunch more. still congrats to him as many musicians i wont name cause its just rude would love to have that nmber in that amount of time

Don't know to much about Spotify.
Ya think this'll make Capitol get excited enough
to release the whole thing?
Number of plays for the Dog singles in comparison:
1690148008183.png

Someone should post this on capitol's facebook page, just in case it escaped their attention.

Why do you think they will be impressed, it’s been available since November last year, Blurs latest single has had something like 8.5 million downloads in a few weeks.

Streams, not downloads.

But compared to Morrissey’s past releases, not other artists’, it is rather impressive considering no promotion and the lack of an accompanying album.

Why do you think they will be impressed, it’s been available since November last year, Blurs latest single has had something like 8.5 million downloads in a few weeks.
Ah, have you got their new album? I'm just trying to fathom out whether I like it! The single (Narcissist) was an absolute beauty.

A great song is a great song, though it deserved a lot more attention than it received. Did the label have any involvement in the single appearing on Spotify or was it something Moz done on his own? I don't think there is any mention of Capitol if memory serves.

Million plays is a good figure considering how the single had no promotion. Or rather anti-promotion. But still: even normal Finnish-language hits get that many streams, so the number should be at least ten-fold for Capital to even blink an eyelid.

Million plays is a good figure considering how the single had no promotion. Or rather anti-promotion. But still: even normal Finnish-language hits get that many streams, so the number should be at least ten-fold for Capital to even blink an eyelid.
Not sure. Suede's or Johnny Marr's biggest songs from their last albums reached 1-2 million streams and that was with extensive promotion.
And they seemed reasonably content with its success.

But then we all know who has really been blocking Bonfire's release ;)

Not sure. Suede's or Johnny Marr's biggest songs from their last albums reached 1-2 million streams and that was with extensive promotion.
And they seemed reasonably content with its success.
But Marr and Suede most likely settle for less expensive contracts and don't cause any extra drama.

But Marr and Suede most likely settle for less expensive contracts and don't cause any extra drama.
True, that's why I was also referring to the previous Moz-albums, the EMI-years, and those numbers could easily have been matched by Bonfire given the numbers for RWA without any promotion, from both sides.

Back
Top Bottom